Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: RGIII speaks out against Jason Collins

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetFan92 View Post
    I'm all for gay rights and everything. But I don't understand why they are demanding to be completely accepted in the christian community. It's literally one of the ten commandments. You can believe in your own god but to force the christian religion to accept change their entire beliefs of over thousands of years is just as tyrannic as not allowing gays to be married in the first place
    I dont see where anyone is forcing the Christian Church to do anything. The Clergy have always had the option to perform a wedding or not to.

This has nothing to do with religion, its a human rights issue.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Which one is you?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    This thread is now in the Political Forum.

I'd change the Title of it too but I honestly have no idea where to start on that front.

Keep it civil and we're all good.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

YOU EAT DARK MEAT?!?!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    And what does miranda say?

It says "ANYTHING YOU SAY CAN AND WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU IN A COURT OF LAW". I do not find that to be the least bit ambiguous.
    Correct. Meaning anything said after the Miranda warnings were given. Any statements made as a result of an unmirandized custodial interrogation is out. (With various exceptions for spontaneous utterances, etc.)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Correct. Meaning anything said after the Miranda warnings were given. Any statements made as a result of an unmirandized custodial interrogation is out. (With various exceptions for spontaneous utterances, etc.)
    Oh, so when my friends mother-in-law was murdered and her boyfriend could not account for his whereabouts while being questioned by the police and unmirandized as you just stated. THEN, later on when the cops were certain it was him that did it, they used his original statement at the crime scene AGAINST him. That was also BEFORE he had been given his miranda rights. He hadn't even been so much as formally questioned.

In other words, they can use anything you say against you prior to arrest. They'll parade cops back and forth from the witness stand all day long if the prosecution feels it helps their case.

But it doesn't mean that the jury will buy it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, so when my friends mother-in-law was murdered and her boyfriend could not account for his whereabouts while being questioned by the police and unmirandized as you just stated. THEN, later on when the cops were certain it was him that did it, they used his original statement at the crime scene AGAINST him. That was also BEFORE he had been given his miranda rights. He hadn't even been so much as formally questioned.

In other words, they can use anything you say against you prior to arrest. They'll parade cops back and forth from the witness stand all day long if the prosecution feels it helps their case.

This is painful to watch.

There is something short of a formal arrest (which doggin has referred to as "custodial interrogation") that courts have recognized triggers Miranda rights. The situation you describe likely was not a custodial interrogation. If it had been, and the boyfriend was not Mirandized, his statement at the crime scene would have been out.

If you accept that one nuance (i.e. custodial interrogations that require a Miranda warning may occur prior to, or even absent, a formal arrest), I think your position and doggin's will be fully reconciled and these exchanges can mercifully come to an end.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Dude, he's not saying they can only prosecute with things stated after Miranda, he's saying once you've been arrested, you have to be Mirandized before being questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    This is painful to watch.

There is something short of a formal arrest (which doggin has referred to as "custodial interrogation") that courts have recognized triggers Miranda rights. The situation you describe likely was not a custodial interrogation. If it had been, and the boyfriend was not Mirandized, his statement at the crime scene would have been out.

If you accept that one nuance (i.e. custodial interrogations that require a Miranda warning may occur prior to, or even absent, a formal arrest), I think your position and doggin's will be fully reconciled and these exchanges can mercifully come to an end.
    I agree. Let's talk about something else. How 'bout hearsay?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post

I agree. Let's talk about something else. How 'bout hearsay?
    My wife's friend has an accountant whose client's roommate heard from her pimp to never talk about hearsay.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    My wife's friend has an accountant whose client's roommate heard from her pimp to never talk about hearsay.
    I'll allow it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I told you not to tell anyone.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    You know, if you took away the label, these guys could be right out of Jersey Shore. Same deal.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    And what does miranda say?

It says "ANYTHING YOU SAY CAN AND WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU IN A COURT OF LAW". I do not find that to be the least bit ambiguous.
    Listen closely, if you are in custody, meaning you are not allowed to leave, then you must be advised of your right to remain silent, you right to an attorney, and your right to have an attorney provided to you if you can't afford one, period.

Your rights must be advised prior to asking any questions. Even if the subject blurted out a confession prior to Miranda, he could tell the court he was not aware of his rights and likely get them suppressed.

This concept is really not that hard to understand

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    RGwho? I thought that guy retired after he blew out his knee for the 5th time.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why don't you swing by and pickme up hearsay around 7:00?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    When it comes to islamic extremism, NO, I do not see anything ridiculous. And I've got a PRIME example of what I'm talking about that happened just TWO weeks ago. Or maybe you just don't watch the news?

You are clearly the one who is ridiculous because you'd rather live in a politically correct world that's gone beyond stupidity.
    Tens of millions of immigrants in this country, two people set off a bomb.... close the borders. That's rational.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Tens of millions of immigrants in this country, two people set off a bomb.... close the borders. That's rational.
    Same mentality as the gun grabbers huh?