Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 286

Thread: RGIII speaks out against Jason Collins

  1. #261
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    10,475
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetFan92 View Post
    I'm all for gay rights and everything. But I don't understand why they are demanding to be completely accepted in the christian community. It's literally one of the ten commandments. You can believe in your own god but to force the christian religion to accept change their entire beliefs of over thousands of years is just as tyrannic as not allowing gays to be married in the first place
    I dont see where anyone is forcing the Christian Church to do anything. The Clergy have always had the option to perform a wedding or not to.

    This has nothing to do with religion, its a human rights issue.

  2. #262
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    12,535
    Post Thanks / Like

  3. #263
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Which one is you?

  4. #264
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    12,535
    Post Thanks / Like

  5. #265
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    12,535
    Post Thanks / Like

  6. #266
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread is now in the Political Forum.

    I'd change the Title of it too but I honestly have no idea where to start on that front.

    Keep it civil and we're all good.

  7. #267
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    12,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    YOU EAT DARK MEAT?!?!


  8. #268
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,473
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    And what does miranda say?

    It says "ANYTHING YOU SAY CAN AND WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU IN A COURT OF LAW". I do not find that to be the least bit ambiguous.
    Correct. Meaning anything said after the Miranda warnings were given. Any statements made as a result of an unmirandized custodial interrogation is out. (With various exceptions for spontaneous utterances, etc.)

  9. #269
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,228
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Correct. Meaning anything said after the Miranda warnings were given. Any statements made as a result of an unmirandized custodial interrogation is out. (With various exceptions for spontaneous utterances, etc.)
    Oh, so when my friends mother-in-law was murdered and her boyfriend could not account for his whereabouts while being questioned by the police and unmirandized as you just stated. THEN, later on when the cops were certain it was him that did it, they used his original statement at the crime scene AGAINST him. That was also BEFORE he had been given his miranda rights. He hadn't even been so much as formally questioned.

    In other words, they can use anything you say against you prior to arrest. They'll parade cops back and forth from the witness stand all day long if the prosecution feels it helps their case.

    But it doesn't mean that the jury will buy it.

  10. #270
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Oh, so when my friends mother-in-law was murdered and her boyfriend could not account for his whereabouts while being questioned by the police and unmirandized as you just stated. THEN, later on when the cops were certain it was him that did it, they used his original statement at the crime scene AGAINST him. That was also BEFORE he had been given his miranda rights. He hadn't even been so much as formally questioned.

    In other words, they can use anything you say against you prior to arrest. They'll parade cops back and forth from the witness stand all day long if the prosecution feels it helps their case.

    But it doesn't mean that the jury will buy it.
    This is painful to watch.

    There is something short of a formal arrest (which doggin has referred to as "custodial interrogation") that courts have recognized triggers Miranda rights. The situation you describe likely was not a custodial interrogation. If it had been, and the boyfriend was not Mirandized, his statement at the crime scene would have been out.

    If you accept that one nuance (i.e. custodial interrogations that require a Miranda warning may occur prior to, or even absent, a formal arrest), I think your position and doggin's will be fully reconciled and these exchanges can mercifully come to an end.

  11. #271
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,331
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Oh, so when my friends mother-in-law was murdered and her boyfriend could not account for his whereabouts while being questioned by the police and unmirandized as you just stated. THEN, later on when the cops were certain it was him that did it, they used his original statement at the crime scene AGAINST him. That was also BEFORE he had been given his miranda rights. He hadn't even been so much as formally questioned.

    In other words, they can use anything you say against you prior to arrest. They'll parade cops back and forth from the witness stand all day long if the prosecution feels it helps their case.

    But it doesn't mean that the jury will buy it.
    Dude, he's not saying they can only prosecute with things stated after Miranda, he's saying once you've been arrested, you have to be Mirandized before being questioned.

    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    This is painful to watch.

    There is something short of a formal arrest (which doggin has referred to as "custodial interrogation") that courts have recognized triggers Miranda rights. The situation you describe likely was not a custodial interrogation. If it had been, and the boyfriend was not Mirandized, his statement at the crime scene would have been out.

    If you accept that one nuance (i.e. custodial interrogations that require a Miranda warning may occur prior to, or even absent, a formal arrest), I think your position and doggin's will be fully reconciled and these exchanges can mercifully come to an end.
    I agree. Let's talk about something else. How 'bout hearsay?

  12. #272
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post

    I agree. Let's talk about something else. How 'bout hearsay?
    My wife's friend has an accountant whose client's roommate heard from her pimp to never talk about hearsay.

  13. #273
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,331
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    My wife's friend has an accountant whose client's roommate heard from her pimp to never talk about hearsay.
    I'll allow it.

  14. #274
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    My wife's friend has an accountant whose client's roommate heard from her pimp to never talk about hearsay.
    I told you not to tell anyone.

  15. #275
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    You know, if you took away the label, these guys could be right out of Jersey Shore. Same deal.

  16. #276
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    ft lauderdale
    Posts
    1,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    And what does miranda say?

    It says "ANYTHING YOU SAY CAN AND WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU IN A COURT OF LAW". I do not find that to be the least bit ambiguous.
    Listen closely, if you are in custody, meaning you are not allowed to leave, then you must be advised of your right to remain silent, you right to an attorney, and your right to have an attorney provided to you if you can't afford one, period.

    Your rights must be advised prior to asking any questions. Even if the subject blurted out a confession prior to Miranda, he could tell the court he was not aware of his rights and likely get them suppressed.

    This concept is really not that hard to understand

  17. #277
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    RGwho? I thought that guy retired after he blew out his knee for the 5th time.

  18. #278
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    My wife's friend has an accountant whose client's roommate heard from her pimp to never talk about hearsay.
    Why don't you swing by and pickme up hearsay around 7:00?

  19. #279
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    When it comes to islamic extremism, NO, I do not see anything ridiculous. And I've got a PRIME example of what I'm talking about that happened just TWO weeks ago. Or maybe you just don't watch the news?

    You are clearly the one who is ridiculous because you'd rather live in a politically correct world that's gone beyond stupidity.
    Tens of millions of immigrants in this country, two people set off a bomb.... close the borders. That's rational.

  20. #280
    All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,258
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Tens of millions of immigrants in this country, two people set off a bomb.... close the borders. That's rational.
    Same mentality as the gun grabbers huh?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us