Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 286

Thread: RGIII speaks out against Jason Collins

  1. #161
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,247
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Is Hawaii less of a state or part of US soil than NY? Fewer Americans may have been killed than in 9/11, but the total killed AND wounded is greater. (2,402 Americans were killed and 1,282 wounded...do you really want to split those hairs?) And if not a camp, how would you classify Guantanamo Detention Camp?
    I said "Mainland" do you know what that means?? Plus Hawaii wasn't a state in 1941.. Are the people at Guantanamo there because their Arab's or Muslims or because they were taken on the battle field or intended harm to the country?? The Japanese Americans were taken just because they were Japanese.. FYI we also were fighting Germans and Italians were any of them in camps??

  2. #162
    It's perfectly understandable that a lot of professional athletes aren't accepting of a player coming out but I can't stand these religious tweets.

  3. #163
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,247
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    It's perfectly understandable that a lot of professional athletes aren't accepting of a player coming out but I can't stand these religious tweets.
    I can't stand tweets of any variety.. Just a thought but is a player wrong for feeling strange if he knows the Gay guy next to him in the shower is checking out his butt??(No Sanchez jokes please) If there is nothing wrong then lets have coed locker rooms for straight people..

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    True. But sex through a hole in a sheet, fornication a sin, masturbation a sin, sex only for procreation, condemnation of lust... no question most organized religions generally have a real hard time with our natural impulses. As H.L. Mencken once wrote: "The Puritans had a fear that somehow, somewhere, somebody was having a good time."
    Myth

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    There are plenty of conservatives who know the law. The guidelines re engagement of military tribunals and Gitmo, etc. are pretty clear. There are lots of bad people out there who happen to be citizens. We try them in federal or state courts accordingly. Why is that a liberal/conservative issue? Seems to me an example of knee-jerk over-reaction and pandering to people's desire for vengeance (i.e., let's throw out the law because this case is special).
    Agreed. If you are an American citizen captured on the battlefield, you are a POW (or unlawful combatant) and should be treated as such. If you are on American soil, you are not. Period.

  6. #166
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    3,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I can't stand tweets of any variety.. Just a thought but is a player wrong for feeling strange if he knows the Gay guy next to him in the shower is checking out his butt??(No Sanchez jokes please) If there is nothing wrong then lets have coed locker rooms for straight people..
    I think gay athletes know better than to blatantly check out their teammates. I guarantee you if you've showered in public places before, like at the gym, you've been around gay guys without even knowing it.

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    I'm sorry, but Sean Hannity is an opportunistic phony. American citizen. American soil. The law is clear.
    NONSENSE. You are choosing to ignore the precedent set by the supreme court. They can and have held criminals as enemy combatants in the past. The precedent is there.

    This to say nothing about how much good this could/would have done for the safety of the country. This is also a new world we are in. Terror attacks come from everywhere including american citizens as the Tsarnaev brothers demonstrated just a few weeks ago.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    I'm sorry, but Sean Hannity is an opportunistic phony. American citizen. American soil. The law is clear.

    And if that were in fact the case as you say it is, WHY didn't they IMMEDIATELY give him his miranda rights? If the law is so very clear as you say it is, they wouldn't have waited.

  9. #169
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,247
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    I think gay athletes know better than to blatantly check out their teammates. I guarantee you if you've showered in public places before, like at the gym, you've been around gay guys without even knowing it.
    No doubt but that's fear of repercussions sort of like if you showered with a hot female but knew you would get killed if you made her uncomfortable.. When I was in the service the female barracks were called the Dyke Dorms and straight girls went through hell at times..

  10. #170
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    And if that were in fact the case as you say it is, WHY didn't they IMMEDIATELY give him his miranda rights? If the law is so very clear as you say it is, they wouldn't have waited.
    +1 The underwear bomber got miranda rights did they make him a citizen first??

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Like FDR did during WWII when he took Japanese citizens from their homes and put them in interment camps??
    Which was terribly, terribly wrong

  12. #172
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    And if that were in fact the case as you say it is, WHY didn't they IMMEDIATELY give him his miranda rights? If the law is so very clear as you say it is, they wouldn't have waited.
    Whole other issue. Imminent danger of further attacks takes precedence. But whatever he stated prior to Miranda Rights could not be used in court. That's the risk of this tactic. Hannity is a moron or a disingenuous lout. He knows this and he's still trying to work up an issue out of nonsense. It's really really dumb.

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Arctor View Post
    How do you know they are "fighting on the side of hostile combatants" if it's not proven beyond a reasonable doubt via evidence in a court of Law, none of the citizens rights are provided them, they get no council torepresent them, and the evidence (whatever it may be) is never disclosed publicly to anyone?
    War has other rules, and should have other rules. Combatants on the battlefield don't get a trial before they are killed. And btw, I've yet to hear from a single person who has suggested that any american citizen who has been killed under those circumstances thus far was not in fact guilty

  14. #174
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    NONSENSE. You are choosing to ignore the precedent set by the supreme court. They can and have held criminals as enemy combatants in the past. The precedent is there.

    This to say nothing about how much good this could/would have done for the safety of the country. This is also a new world we are in. Terror attacks come from everywhere including american citizens as the Tsarnaev brothers demonstrated just a few weeks ago.
    Not American citizens on American soil. Show me the case. There isn't one.

  15. #175
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Myth
    I've been doing it for years...

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    And if that were in fact the case as you say it is, WHY didn't they IMMEDIATELY give him his miranda rights? If the law is so very clear as you say it is, they wouldn't have waited.
    Frankly, Miranda is irrelevant - given the evidence they already had, his statements are unnecessary for his conviction. So they should have interrogated him without Mirandizing until they had extracted every useful drop of intelligence

  17. #177
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,247
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Not American citizens on American soil. Show me the case. There isn't one.
    The older brother wasn't a citizen and the younger one became one on 9/11.. coincidence?? I think not..

  18. #178
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Midlothian, VA
    Posts
    654
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    I'm just not a fan of PC. If someone says something stupid, they should get called out on it. But they shouldn't have to let people's reactions determine whether they say it or not.

    Griffin is obviously annoyed by something (Collins, Redskins, whatever). But he can't voice it because others might take it the wrong way? Meanwhile, I've seen you defend SAR's right to openly troll more than Griffin's right to speak his mind (at least that's how I took yours and Fishooked posts).

    I guess I just see it from the total opposite viewpoint . . .
    Yea I think that's the point. If you say something and it gets your a** kicked you will consider what you say. You cannot expect to not deal with the consequences of your actions. You cannot just say and do anything you want no matter if it hurts someone on not. I really doubt you would be the same way with someone doing it to your family. I know I wouldn't. If you mean we are a little thin skinned in this country I have to agree.

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I said "Mainland" do you know what that means?? Plus Hawaii wasn't a state in 1941..
    I understand what mainland means. So you maintain that people's lives that were lost on the "mainland" were somehow worth more than those Americans who died on an island? Or is it just Americans who live in a state are worth more than those who live in a place not yet declared a state?

    Are the people at Guantanamo there because their Arab's or Muslims or because they were taken on the battle field or intended harm to the country??
    I would suggest, both.

    The Japanese Americans were taken just because they were Japanese.. FYI we also were fighting Germans and Italians were any of them in camps??
    Japanese determent was an unfortunate, but a quite understandable period in our history as a response to a devastating sneak attack on our own people. The Germans and Italians never attacked us on our own soil. Our involvement in the European theater was by choice. Big difference from the Japanese.

  20. #180
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Midlothian, VA
    Posts
    654
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I can't stand tweets of any variety.. Just a thought but is a player wrong for feeling strange if he knows the Gay guy next to him in the shower is checking out his butt??(No Sanchez jokes please) If there is nothing wrong then lets have coed locker rooms for straight people..
    +100000000000000 on the coed showers

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us