Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Idzik makes changes to Jets' scouting dept.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Overall, I like idzik's methodical approach. Now, only when gets rid of Sanchez, can the rebuilding really begin.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Long live Terry Bradway!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    Overall, I like idzik's methodical approach. Now, only when gets rid of Sanchez, can the rebuilding really begin.
    +100

ONE more critically needed move and we can ALL look forward to football

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    EXACTLY. WTF knows why Idzik did it. But for most around here they NEEDED to spin this in a bad way. WHY, I will never know...
    It's most likely not so much the people getting fired as much as it is the people replacing them.

I'm sure Idzik has "his guys" - like most executives do. So the people that are going to be let go - happen to do the same job as the people Idzik wants to bring in.

Not scapegoating or even a knock on their ability.

I'm sure it's not a coincidence it's a west coast person, considering Idzik's prior role.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    My guess is, like Tebow, he's going to try and trade Sanchez first. If he can't he'll likely be cut either the day before or day after June 1. Depending upon how he wants to manage the cap.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    EXACTLY. WTF knows why Idzik did it. But for most around here they NEEDED to spin this in a bad way. WHY, I will never know...
    LOL. Whoooosh!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    wonder if bradway stays, he's a respected scout who wasn't used properly by tannenbaum.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's recap.....
    1) Removed two biggest distractions facing team this year, Revis and Tebow
    2) Managed to get team 40-50 MM UNDER cap for next year.
    3) Put buffoon of a head coach back in his box.
    4) Had good draft according to NFL personnel people, not talk show idiots.
    5)Taking control of organization, like a GM should do.

So far, this guy has been great. Keep going, John.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I think it probably has more to do with the way Idzik evaluated the specific executives, and their general effectiveness in running their department. They are obviously probably all good scouts, but may not be the best managers. Maybe it just has to do with Idzik having his own people in mind to run those areas, but he seems to have been very thorough, and objective in his evaluations. I.E. He didn't just fire everyone.
    I hope this is exactly what he is doing bringing in his own people hopefully from Seattle. I couldn't be more happy with Idzik up to this point. We should welcome the change

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking WAIT-- SOMEBODY NOTIFY FRANCESSA.

Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    Wait, he did it at the right time? Like most teams? So... no circus?

I can't believe this was published.
    .... Did someone tell Francessa about this.? He has been MOUTHING OFF and moaning and criticizing the JETS ( as usual ) for not making changes to Scouting Dept. and basically having the same front office that made all the mistakes of the past.
    Last edited by Seagirt; 05-02-2013 at 09:19 AM. Reason: SPELL

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    wonder if bradway stays, he's a respected scout who wasn't used properly by tannenbaum.
    So... when Bradway was busy drafting busts during his stint as GM, was he not using his scouts properly?

Tannenbaum wasn't a personnel guy. He had to lean heavily on Bradway.

It's time that this bum stops getting second chances with the Jets.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Those scouts are getting scapegoated, while Terry Bradway will survive again.
    The same Terry Bradway that supposedly was begging Mike Tannenbaum to draft Russell Wilson? That guy?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    The same Terry Bradway that supposedly was begging Mike Tannenbaum to draft Russell Wilson? That guy?
    Was it reported that he was begging? or was it that he was extremely high on Wilson as a player? And where was it reported what round grade he had on Wilson?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    Right, as opposed to how he used himself when he was GM. The guy has been a repeated failure with this organization, and if Idzik is truly turning the page and establishing this as his team, TB has to go. Period.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Was it reported that he was begging? or was it that he was extremely high on Wilson as a player? And where was it reported what round grade he had on Wilson?
    Not sure, I could only find a couple hackjob articles.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...jets-executive

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...ive_liked.html

http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/...amantly-wanted

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...of-tannys-past

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Right, as opposed to how he used himself when he was GM. The guy has been a repeated failure with this organization, and if Idzik is truly turning the page and establishing this as his team, TB has to go. Period.
    which is why he was demoted to scout, where he belongs. a bad gm could be a good scout.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I remember those articles...I wasn't slamming Bradway. We just don't know what grade he gave Wilson--maybe a 1st or maybe a 3rd or 4th..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I remember those articles...I wasn't slamming Bradway. We just don't know what grade he gave Wilson--maybe a 1st or maybe a 3rd or 4th..
    Not sure. Just in conversations with other fans I have picked up that he was really pushing for him in the 2nd or 3rd. Cannot remember exactly and cannot/don't have the time to really look.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's tough to imagine that the Jets would have drafted a 5'10" QB early in the 2nd round. Almost everyone had at least a 3rd round grade for Wilson, no matter how much Bradway liked him. Don't forget that Hill was projected as a bottom of the 1st round pick, too. Even if the Jets did like him a lot, they probably thought they had a real shot to get him in the 3rd round, especially when you cosinder that the Seahawks had just signed Flynn.

If you look at the teams ahead of the Jets in the 3rd round, every team had either drafted a top 12 QB in 2010, 2011, or 2012, except for San Diego (Rivers), Houston (Schaub), and Buffalo (Just redid insane contract for Fitzpatrick), and Seahawks (Just signed Matt Flynn).

Once the draft got to the 3rd round, the Jets (if they wanted him, and there's no way to know if they even would have drafted him) probably thought they had a great shot at getting him as long as no one traded up.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Caldwell waited until after the draft to make changes in the Jaguar scouting department. It's what all new GMs do.

But, let's make a big mountain out of this molehill...

Some Jet fans here are turning into Manish Mehta
    It's worth remembering that Mehta is paid by the NYDN to be negative. SOJF's do it for pleasure.