Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Idzik makes changes to Jets' scouting dept.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by dinamite View Post
    The other scout was scouting Geno Smith, so what does that say?
    It says "BLAME MARK SANCHEZ FOR EVERYTHING BECAUSE BLAMING REX RYAN MAKES ME SAD"

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Notice how it was a west coast area scout that was not renewed? Dude probably promoted Sanchez as a franchise QB and worthy of a top 5 pick. Thank god that douche got the boot.
    Right. And Davis most likely scouted Coples, Milliner and Geno Smith. So what does that say. Tanny, Rex, Woody and others all scouted/met with Sanchez. And just about everyone 'promoted' Sanchez as a 'franchise' QB in 2009.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Do you like movies about gladiators?
    How many tickets do you have?

Jets Insider VIP
    I want my circus back.

No more of this front office cleansing, stop changing personnel at the right time. These moves all make sense. I'm confused. I demand the circus return to town.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    blablabla
    It's sad that 90% of your posts display the same message. Get a life.

But wwwwait!

The sports pope Francesa used the fact that Idzik did not make any changes to say that nothing will change with the Jets organization. And as always, the bewildered herd that call in and listen faithfully ("you do a great job mike, first time long time ) blessed themselves and thanked him for his wisdom.

Maybe Idzik was doing the responsible thing by not upsetting the apple cart mid stream? Maybe he wanted to wait until the draft was over before bringing in the people he wants to hire?

Anywho, with this news about the changes I am sure that the Sports Pope will spend some time admitting his mistake and talking about how some things are already changing.

Sure And of course, you have some here who love attention and will find a way to turn this news into a negative. But you can't have it both ways; blast the team for its draft record and then complain when they start to make changes.

Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 05-02-2013 at 05:02 AM.

This is pretty funny. Guys on JI have been complaining that no changes were made in the scouting dept.
    It's like everytime they complain, we make a good move, our Oline stinks, we draft 3 guards, we can't pass rush! We get a beast in Richardson, & move Coples to more of a Suggs type pass rusher.
    We have no RBs! We trade for Ivory who is now everyone's fantasy sleeper.
    OMG, Revis is gone!
    We get the consensus best CB in the draft.
    We have no QB
    We get the consensus best QB in the draft @ 39 without moving up.
    But, but he's made absolutely no changes in the scouting dept!
    Oops, sorry, got ahead of myself, I guess he wanted to do the prudent thing & wait until after the draft like most NEW GMs do.
    Oh, & by the way, if you've noticed, it's pretty damn quiet in Florham Park & the natives, ( media) can't seem to get any concrete info.
    Idzik has been a slam dunk so far. Keep it up my man.
    I expect the Jets to own the AFC east as soon as Brady turns 40
    That's right around the corner my friends.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    This is pretty funny. Guys on JI have been complaining that no changes were made in the scouting dept.
    It's like everytime they complain, we make a good move, our Oline stinks, we draft 3 guards, we can't pass rush! We get a beast in Richardson, & move Coples to more of a Suggs type pass rusher.
    OMG, Revis is gone!
    We have no QB
    Oops, sorry, got ahead of myself, I guess he wanted to do the prudent thing & wait until after the draft like most NEW GMs do.
    Oh, & by the way, if you've noticed, it's pretty damn quiet in Florham Park & the natives, ( media) can't seem to get any concrete info.
    Great post dude!! Got me fired upppppp!!!

Let's Go JETS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    It's sad that 90% of your posts display the same message. Get a life.
    If you understand a troll then you understand their entire goal is to get people to respond to their nonsense, just stop responding and he'll go away.

OMG, Revis is gone!
    We have no QB
    Very good post. It's been very hard to to argue with anything he's done to date.

It say NOTHING more than Idzik did what he saw fit for the organization.

God only knows why they didn't get renewed. Maybe they didn't work well with Idzik? Maybe they just had a bad attitude about the ownership?

Who knows? But if was something like that, then I agree with what Idzik did. If you cannot get along with your co-workers then you need to go. You have to work as a team. You have a to take a positive approach because that is the only way you'll ever get change to occur.

I don't know why all of you are so caught up in this. He was hired to be the GM, let him run his staff the way HE chooses to do it.

Besides, for of you complainers out there, if it ever goes wrong, then you can torture Idzik playing Monday Morning QB on ever move that he makes. Now wouldn't that be fun?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    If you understand a troll then you understand their entire goal is to get people to respond to their nonsense, just stop responding and he'll go away.
    If fear that won't help. He'd even publish his agenda if no one would read it. Just for the cause.

Jets Insider VIP
    OMG, Revis is gone!
    We have no QB
    THANK YOU..THANK YOU...THANK YOU!!!

The man has been on the Job less then 8 months what precisely do those who are complaining actually want him to do!!!
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 05-02-2013 at 07:47 AM.

All Pro
    Firing the southern and western scouts is like the assistant manager of Dairy Queen firing his summer help on Memorial Day.

SAR I
    Yeah no good college players in the south, or the west. You know nothing about the draft, remember? Why do you insist on talking about things you know nothing about?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Right. And Davis most likely scouted Coples, Milliner and Geno Smith. So what does that say. Tanny, Rex, Woody and others all scouted/met with Sanchez. And just about everyone 'promoted' Sanchez as a 'franchise' QB in 2009.
    I think it probably has more to do with the way Idzik evaluated the specific executives, and their general effectiveness in running their department. They are obviously probably all good scouts, but may not be the best managers. Maybe it just has to do with Idzik having his own people in mind to run those areas, but he seems to have been very thorough, and objective in his evaluations. I.E. He didn't just fire everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    It say NOTHING more than Idzik did what he saw fit for the organization.

God only knows why they didn't get renewed. Maybe they didn't work well with Idzik? Maybe they just had a bad attitude about ownership.:
    maybe they didn't keep their area clean after lunch. Could be anything really.

Or something to do with scouting.

we'll never really know.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    maybe they didn't keep their area clean after lunch. Could be anything really.

Or something to do with scouting.

we'll never really know.
    EXACTLY. WTF knows why Idzik did it. But for most around here they NEEDED to spin this in a bad way. WHY, I will never know...

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Those scouts are getting scapegoated, while Terry Bradway will survive again.
    It ain't over, let's just wait and see what happens.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    EXACTLY. WTF knows why Idzik did it. But for most around here they NEEDED to spin this in a bad way. WHY, I will never know...
    Not most

A few at most....maybe just ONE

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Firing the southern and western scouts is like the assistant manager of Dairy Queen firing his summer help on Memorial Day.

SAR I
    And you're basing your opinion on what?