Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 200

Thread: What happens to our defense if Rex is fired?

  1. #81
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,399
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We were told by John Idzik this week that Rex Ryan had "great input" on the 2013 draft which is consistent with what leaked about the 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 drafts.

    Rex Ryan is responsible for it all, and it is all awful.

    SAR I
    I think that was more Idzik trying to stick to the party line that it's a collaborative effort, and nothing more. Maybe even letting Rex save some face. According to any Jets people who have been asked, there is no doubt that this was Idzik's show. And will be. Rex has been put in his place.

  2. #82
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,453
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    From 2009-2012 we've drafted 4 offensive players (Sanchez Greene Ducasse Hill) in the first 3 rounds so that might have something to do with it.. But according to MaineJet the head coach doesn't have input on the draft. So we can let it slide
    If he does then he shouldn't. Why is that so difficult for you people to understand? You want Mangini back. He was great at evaluating players. Why can't we have a GM, and scouts that build the team, and have a good HC that's a great DC, and then have a good OC. Why would you want to fire a HC because he's lousy at drafting players? I know you are not going to listen because you just want to be right, and don't care that things could be much worse with whatever new genius HC we hire.

  3. #83
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,162
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    +1

    Lets try playing with a lead instead of giving our defense a short field every series. I feel like that might help them...
    Exactly

  4. #84
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,162
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    I think that was more Idzik trying to stick to the party line that it's a collaborative effort, and nothing more. Maybe even letting Rex save some face. According to any Jets people who have been asked, there is no doubt that this was Idzik's show. And will be. Rex has been put in his place.
    Defensive Coordinator is Rex's thing. He is not a good headcoach. I agree with Idzik having control, however he still listened to Rex on the #13 pick, so it's both of their show.

  5. #85
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,963
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dam by not logging in first I read a long pile of dog shh!t from these cry baby Rex/ jet haters.. It's funny, those who don't like Rex are just a bunch of sour sad cry babies who idolized mark Sanchez and want to blame his failure in football on anyone but him.." Wahh Rex ruined Sanchez " what tools lol..

  6. #86
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Dam by not logging in first I read a long pile of dog shh!t from these cry baby Rex/ jet haters.. It's funny, those who don't like Rex are just a bunch of sour sad cry babies who idolized mark Sanchez and want to blame his failure in football on anyone but him.." Wahh Rex ruined Sanchez " what tools lol..
    tool.... actually only one such at JI

    probably a Craftsman tool

  7. #87
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,199
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    If he does then he shouldn't. Why is that so difficult for you people to understand? You want Mangini back. He was great at evaluating players. Why can't we have a GM, and scouts that build the team, and have a good HC that's a great DC, and then have a good OC. Why would you want to fire a HC because he's lousy at drafting players? I know you are not going to listen because you just want to be right, and don't care that things could be much worse with whatever new genius HC we hire.
    I'd love to have a GM who can build a team. Last time around Rex had too much control and along with Tanny helped drive the team (which was a yard away from the SB in Pitt) into the dirt in 2 years. Hopefully Idzik doesnt let him have a large say on personel because he's shown he can't handle it. I'd like a good OC too hopefully this ones better than the last mistake Rex chose. Sporano was dreadful. Maybe this new muzzled Rex with less say works out better than the last few years. Time will tell

  8. #88
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets need some decent receivers to improve the offense. By the end of last season the receiver corp was decimated.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    92
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    From 2009-2012 we've drafted 4 offensive players (Sanchez Greene Ducasse Hill) in the first 3 rounds so that might have something to do with it.. But according to MaineJet the head coach doesn't have input on the draft. So we can let it slide
    Of course he does but just because Rex wants a guy doesnt mean he's going to get him the gm obviously has to agree
    Last edited by Cro's Kids; 05-02-2013 at 05:24 PM.

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    92
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Oh, really?

    In a thread that you created about Rex Ryan's firing you can't give us 10 measly reasons why Rex is the right coach for this team? Let's have it, my boy. You're the genius. Answer the question.

    SAR I
    It's just obvious that you're going to discredit anything I say because Rex is the equivalent of Satan to you. It's honestly hard to believe you root for this team.

  11. #91
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,453
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    I'd love to have a GM who can build a team. Last time around Rex had too much control and along with Tanny helped drive the team (which was a yard away from the SB in Pitt) into the dirt in 2 years. Hopefully Idzik doesnt let him have a large say on personel because he's shown he can't handle it. I'd like a good OC too hopefully this ones better than the last mistake Rex chose. Sporano was dreadful. Maybe this new muzzled Rex with less say works out better than the last few years. Time will tell
    Nice. These HCs that do it all just aren't behind every tree. Sorry I was belligerent. I guess I've been arguing with Sorry too much. Just blocked him, and my demeanor should improve exponentially.

  12. #92
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,557
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The big picture, which you refuse to see, is that the Jets are a bad organization. "Dysfunctional", "circus", whatever you want to call it.

    We used to be a place that free agents wanted to come to because we had talent and were led by a players-coach. It was great, we recruited lots of desirable players, we retained lots of desirable coaches. Rex Ryan gets full credit. Great job.

    Now that that's blown up in his face, we're a mess. All his coaches and coordinators escaped. No decent talent that has an opportunity will take us seriously- coordinators, coaches, players, front office types. All that positive Rex Ryan mojo has reversed to a poisonous situation and one that repels talent. Whether Manning would have come here isn't the point. The point is that he wouldn't even think about it now, would be on his list of "no way" franchises.

    That's how far we've fallen in two years.

    SAR I
    This "circus" bullsh*t is completely ridiculous.

    What the hell makes us such a sideshow act?

    Because we brought in Tim Tebow?

    Whoopty sh*t

    We brought him in with the sole intention of utilizing him as a wildcat option. And it didn't work. Instead of stubbornly hanging on to Tebow and forcing this gimmicky wildcat crap, we cut bait after one season and both Rex and Woody admitted the mistake.

    The Jets made it known from Day 1 that Tebow was here strictly as a gadget player. Yet no matter how many times they stated as much, the media just couldn't grasp the fact that we weren't bringing in the Golden Saint to be the face of the franchise.

    And are you really trying to state that losing Mike Pettine is some kind of catastrophe? Really?

    By all accounts, it was Pettine who was leaking sh*t left and right to the media last year. The guy was never anything more than a puppet. Everyone knows that this defense is Rex's baby and that he calls the shots on that side of the ball. Pettine was nothing more than a warm body with a title.

    You know the biggest reason for the fall of the Jets over the past two years?

    Mike Tannenbaum

    You know, the guy who handed out the silly ass extension to Sanchez as a makeup kiss on the cheek for flirting with Peyton.

    The guy who mortgaged the teams future for a two year window.

    The guy who let the talent on this offense and overall team become more and more depleted and more and more dinosaur-esque year after year.


    You blame these problems on Rex as if he's the guy drawing up the contracts and making the personnel decisions.

    Well, that mook Tannenbaum is gone and now we have a no nonsense, by the books manager in charge that will build through the draft, isn't afraid to make the tough decisions and won't pander to a fragile QB's "feelings".

    Idzik has already shown great promise in just his 3 1/2 months on the job. He's already put his stamp on this team in that very short time frame.

    Even die hard Jets critics are starting to admit that Idzik is looking like a potential godsend or this team.

    Yet you totally dismiss him over a two paragraph bio that you read on the internet.

    LOL

    You used to be a great poster, now you've become by far the biggest troll on this board. Seriously

  13. #93
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cro's Kids View Post
    It's just obvious that you're going to discredit anything I say because Rex is the equivalent of Satan to you. It's honestly hard to believe you root for this team.
    I am not discrediting anything you say because you simply haven't said anything.

    All you are doing is hitting me with personal attacks. I am giving you a chance to make an argument. Take advantage of it. I am a very popular poster, a bit of a celebrity around here, I don't have patience for newbs without a point of view and the intelligence to support it.

    SAR I

  14. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    183
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I can tell if the Jets are going to lose on a given day simply by watching the first defensive series.

    Rex Ryan's defense leads the league in no-shows. And in big spots, too. Thanksgiving ring a bell? Both AFCCG's sound familiar? When the D shows up, good things can happen. Problem is, the D doesn't show up 70% of the time.

    SAR I
    I doubt you'd know that you had to take a sh!t if you ripped a wet fart.

    Your passive aggressive game on this forum makes me think that you are trying to take something out on other people that you can't do in real life.

    Which means that the person that drives you to the internet dominates you openly.

    Your bravado about owning a BMW while living in a mansion and "owning" a yacht?

    That makes me think... no, it makes me KNOW... that you are not the breadwinner in the household. Maybe you have even disclosed that fact.

    That you drive a Beeeeeemer while living in a mansion also makes me know that your wife threw you a pittance to make you feel happy about some small part of your life, because she probably dominates every other aspect of it, outside of your sad internet life.

    Well, maybe she gives you a gift card on Channukkah so you can buy one of those awesome official NFL authentic jerseys, not the knock offs made in China, a REAL authentic made in Vietnam.

    What is it like to live like second best? Oh wait, you have kids. Is it actually fourth or fifth best?

  15. #95
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kali yuga View Post
    I doubt you'd know that you had to take a sh!t if you ripped a wet fart.

    Your passive aggressive game on this forum makes me think that you are trying to take something out on other people that you can't do in real life.

    Which means that the person that drives you to the internet dominates you openly.

    Your bravado about owning a BMW while living in a mansion and "owning" a yacht?

    That makes me think... no, it makes me KNOW... that you are not the breadwinner in the household. Maybe you have even disclosed that fact.

    That you drive a Beeeeeemer while living in a mansion also makes me know that your wife threw you a pittance to make you feel happy about some small part of your life, because she probably dominates every other aspect of it, outside of your sad internet life.

    Well, maybe she gives you a gift card on Channukkah so you can buy one of those awesome official NFL authentic jerseys, not the knock offs made in China, a REAL authentic made in Vietnam.

    What is it like to live like second best? Oh wait, you have kids. Is it actually fourth or fifth best?
    What is this supposed to be?

    Talk Jets or don't talk.

    SAR I

  16. #96
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

    You used to be a great poster, now you've become by far the biggest troll on this board.

    Seriously
    I'll take this part first.

    I'm the same poster I always was, I'm just disappointed and lack any shred of optimism. Eventually there will be a bright spot, but today we are the worst team in the NFL, the equivalent of an expansion team.

    "Troll" is not defined as "something I really disagree with and makes me angry". If that were the case, I'd be pissed at you and 20 other JI posters who only want to talk about flowers and sunshine as if this place were a fanclub, not a forum that embraces opposing points of view and provides a platform for spirited debate.

    I stand for three things right now. None of them require a PHD in rocketry. All of them are fairly mainstream NFL thoughts. None of them is overtly controversial:

    1. I think Rex Ryan is a bad HC and bad for the franchise.
    2. I think John Idzik is unqualified.
    3. I think we are back in the dark ages and will wait 10 years to see the postseason again.

    And any time I try to post something optimistic? When, say, I try to stand up for Mark Sanchez and point out that there's a 30% chance he might be decent again? I get slammed for that too. I'm taking a stand on a Jets player. I'm all for giving him a second look. Somehow that's "bad". Why? Why is it cool to hate on Sanchez and not hate on Ryan? It's laughable the hypocritical posture taken on this board sometimes.

    Your perception of me has nothing to do with my positive/negative stance. It has everything to do with a point of view that you disagree with. I can't help you with that. I'm not here to be a "great" poster. I'm here to discuss the Jets with other Jets fans in the 2 or 3 threads each week that I find interesting.

    We are all disappointed, we are all grouchy. Some patience for other posters and some acceptance of opposing points of view is what is called for here. Not another lecture, not more preaching from people who are thick-headed one way against someone whose only crime is being thick-headed the other way.

    SAR I

  17. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    183
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    What is this supposed to be?

    Talk Jets or don't talk.

    SAR I
    I have a green BMW? I call it Mark?

    I masturbate into the trunk compartment?

  18. #98
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Untouchable

    This "circus" bullsh*t is completely ridiculous.

    What the hell makes us such a sideshow act?

    Because we brought in Tim Tebow?

    Whoopty sh*t

    We brought him in with the sole intention of utilizing him as a wildcat option. And it didn't work. Instead of stubbornly hanging on to Tebow and forcing this gimmicky wildcat crap, we cut bait after one season and both Rex and Woody admitted the mistake.

    The Jets made it known from Day 1 that Tebow was here strictly as a gadget player. Yet no matter how many times they stated as much, the media just couldn't grasp the fact that we weren't bringing in the Golden Saint to be the face of the franchise.


    You've got the wrong guy on this one. I couldn't care less about Tim Tebow, never did, you can't find a half a dozen posts on the subject from me in the last year.

    The "circus" comes with Rex Ryan. The guy ran against the grain of the NFL with his mouth and his antics. I enjoyed it during the good times, now it's downright embarrassing. He deserves all the smack he takes in the papers. The circus stuff is directed at one man, Rex Ryan, not the franchise as a whole. It's payback for bucking the NFL's established behavioral code.

    And are you really trying to state that losing Mike Pettine is some kind of catastrophe? Really?

    By all accounts, it was Pettine who was leaking sh*t left and right to the media last year. The guy was never anything more than a puppet. Everyone knows that this defense is Rex's baby and that he calls the shots on that side of the ball. Pettine was nothing more than a warm body with a title.


    You can make the excuse that Rex's players clocked-out because we were built improperly, but you can't excuse the fact that all of Rex's trusted lieutenants, coaches, and coordinators split town. They know a bad coach and a sinking ship when they see one, they value their careers, they left the circus.

    You know the biggest reason for the fall of the Jets over the past two years?

    Mike Tannenbaum

    You know, the guy who handed out the silly ass extension to Sanchez as a makeup kiss on the cheek for flirting with Peyton.

    The guy who mortgaged the teams future for a two year window.

    The guy who let the talent on this offense and overall team become more and more depleted and more and more dinosaur-esque year after year.


    I see it differently. I see Mike Tannenbaum trying a get-rich-quick scheme to sell out a stadium who almost built a Super Bowl Champion the Steinbrenner-way. I give him credit as an innovative cap guy and an innovative GM.

    And if the team was good enough to win 4 playoff games in two years, well, they were good enough to win 6 or 8. The GM fills the roster, the roster was very good for awhile, the head coach couldn't guide it to the promised land.

    Tannenbaum is not blameless- several terrible drafts- but Rex Ryan's losing strategy of being the '85 Bears and the '49 Packers simply doesn't work. So he spent too much time being a defensive coordinator and no time focusing on the offense and we over-drafted for defense and both the defense and the offense suffered.

    You blame these problems on Rex as if he's the guy drawing up the contracts and making the personnel decisions.

    Idzik has already shown great promise in just his 3 1/2 months on the job. He's already put his stamp on this team in that very short time frame.

    Even die hard Jets critics are starting to admit that Idzik is looking like a potential godsend or this team.

    Yet you totally dismiss him over a two paragraph bio that you read on the internet.


    I blame Ryan's stragegy above all else. The HC says "we're going to win on defense and a power running game". The GM builds the roster accordingly.

    I don't like the concept of the Idzik selection. I don't like how no established GM candidates wanted to come here. I don't like how a head hunting agency was needed to conduct a search and that Johnson didn't have a network of assistance and potential candidates lined up. I don't like how it produced a guy that looks like a wimp version of Tannenbaum, an operator who faces a 5 year learning curve.

    Again, none of this is rocket science and nothing here is troll-like. It's just a point of view that is different than yours. I'm not here to be liked. I'm not here to swallow my tongue and join the Blind Homer Parade. We go through this cycle every year. But this time, no post-draft optimism from me. And, by the way, most of the good posters and diehard fans simply aren't here right now. They are so upset and so depressed, they don't want to talk or think Jets because they know what lies ahead. I'm not counter-cultural; I'm just one of the few here bothering to participate.

    SAR I

  19. #99
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone else think sar is francessa in disguise?

  20. #100
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fers2k2 View Post
    Anyone else think sar is francessa in disguise?
    A better question:

    Why is Francesa wrong? Are the Jets not screwing up the QB position? Are the Jets not creating a lame-duck situation with their HC? Are the Jets not being led by a GM that wasn't their first choice? Are the Jets not still poisoned by the circus-type atmosphere that has pervaded for the past 3+ seasons? Are the Jets not half-assing a rebuild?

    SAR I

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us