Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What happens to our defense if Rex is fired?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you JI for the great ignore function available here at this forum. And thank you Robert Archer for recommendation #3.

for those few that haven't tried it, join up. It's a true savior

saved me from at least 30 portions of lame shtick just today

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I find it amusing that this troll can keep disrupting multiple threads.....he must have something on the mods.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I'll take this part first.

I'm the same poster I always was, I'm just disappointed and lack any shred of optimism. Eventually there will be a bright spot, but today we are the worst team in the NFL, the equivalent of an expansion team.

"Troll" is not defined as "something I really disagree with and makes me angry". If that were the case, I'd be pissed at you and 20 other JI posters who only want to talk about flowers and sunshine as if this place were a fanclub, not a forum that embraces opposing points of view and provides a platform for spirited debate.

I stand for three things right now. None of them require a PHD in rocketry. All of them are fairly mainstream NFL thoughts. None of them is overtly controversial:

1. I think Rex Ryan is a bad HC and bad for the franchise.
    2. I think John Idzik is unqualified.
    3. I think we are back in the dark ages and will wait 10 years to see the postseason again.

And any time I try to post something optimistic? When, say, I try to stand up for Mark Sanchez and point out that there's a 30% chance he might be decent again? I get slammed for that too. I'm taking a stand on a Jets player. I'm all for giving him a second look. Somehow that's "bad". Why? Why is it cool to hate on Sanchez and not hate on Ryan? It's laughable the hypocritical posture taken on this board sometimes.

Your perception of me has nothing to do with my positive/negative stance. It has everything to do with a point of view that you disagree with. I can't help you with that. I'm not here to be a "great" poster. I'm here to discuss the Jets with other Jets fans in the 2 or 3 threads each week that I find interesting.

We are all disappointed, we are all grouchy. Some patience for other posters and some acceptance of opposing points of view is what is called for here. Not another lecture, not more preaching from people who are thick-headed one way against someone whose only crime is being thick-headed the other way.

SAR I
    SAR the reason you've been bashed for your Sanchez optimism is because he was performing the worst. Was his situation picture perfect with quality receivers? Of course not, that's actually quite a rarity. The QB needs to make the receivers look good. Look at what Peyton manning did with Dallas Clark and Austin collie, he made them seem amazing. Obviously Sanchez is no Manning but you see the point I'm making.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cro's Kids View Post
    SAR the reason you've been bashed for your Sanchez optimism is because he was performing the worst. Was his situation picture perfect with quality receivers? Of course not, that's actually quite a rarity. The QB needs to make the receivers look good. Look at what Peyton manning did with Dallas Clark and Austin collie, he made them seem amazing. Obviously Sanchez is no Manning but you see the point I'm making.
    What does that mean? If I am being bashed for supporting a Jet at his "worst", then what do you make of the Rex Ryan fans who support him at his worst? Mark did better than Rex did in New York. Mark's a kid who was given no support. Rex is a 50 year old man who was given the keys to the team. If one of them gets some leniency, it's the kid not the man.

Regarding Mark, he's got no support. Period. Younger Jets fans don't know better, they think you just replace the QB and everything is going to be okay. Not the case anymore. Since you want to debate Sanchez, here:

Playmakers Mark had earlier in his career:

Edwards,
    Holmes,
    Cotchery,
    Burress,
    Keller,
    Smith,
    Tomlinson,
    Richardson,
    Jones,
    Greene (young),
    Washington.

Replacement players this/last year:

Schillens,
    Hill,
    Kerley,
    McKnight,
    Connor,
    Gates,
    Hilliard,
    Reuland,
    Gilyard,
    Greene (old).

Find me one player that's a better one-for-one swap of the guy he replaced. Do it. You can't. We had the worst set of receiving targets in the NFL. It's hard to be a good QB when you have nothing to throw to. And a running back that can't run. And an OL that can't block. And a defense that can't stop a cold. And a head coach who is out of control.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    What does that mean? If I am being bashed for supporting a Jet at his "worst", then what do you make of the Rex Ryan fans who support him at his worst? Mark did better than Rex did in New York. Mark's a kid who was given no support. Rex is a 50 year old man who was given the keys to the team. If one of them gets some leniency, it's the kid not the man.

Regarding Mark, he's got no support. Period. Younger Jets fans don't know better, they think you just replace the QB and everything is going to be okay. Not the case anymore. Since you want to debate Sanchez, here:

Playmakers Mark had earlier in his career:

Edwards,
    Holmes,
    Cotchery,
    Burress,
    Keller,
    Smith,
    Tomlinson,
    Richardson,
    Jones,
    Greene (young),
    Washington.

Replacement players this/last year:

Schillens,
    Hill,
    Kerley,
    McKnight,
    Connor,
    Gates,
    Hilliard,
    Reuland,
    Gilyard,
    Greene (old).

Find me one player that's a better one-for-one swap of the guy he replaced. Do it. You can't. We had the worst set of receiving targets in the NFL. It's hard to be a good QB when you have nothing to throw to. And a running back that can't run. And an OL that can't block. And a defense that can't stop a cold. And a head coach who is out of control.

SAR I
    I understand that he had terrible recievers and agree it was the main part that he regressed. But also look at his stats when he had good recievers and a good running game, they still were not anywhere close to good and he was still extremely turnover prone.... I know Sanchez was'nt groomed right but you just have to understand when enough is enough. I think Mark can be a serviceable QB with good talent and a good OC, but good isn't good enough. We need a top 15 QB in the NFL of today to win a superbowl and I don't think Sanchez is that guy, I'd love to see him ressurect his career. But I think Smith has a very good chance of taking over and being solid.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand that he had terrible recievers and agree it was the main part that he regressed. But also look at his stats when he had good recievers and a good running game, they still were not anywhere close to good and he was still extremely turnover prone.... I know Sanchez was'nt groomed right but you just have to understand when enough is enough. I think Mark can be a serviceable QB with good talent and a good OC, but good isn't good enough. We need a top 15 QB in the NFL of today to win a superbowl and I don't think Sanchez is that guy, I'd love to see him ressurect his career. But I think Smith has a very good chance of taking over and being solid.
    Dude.........there is NO reasoning with it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    This....just give it up cro he is a troll and will shtick to his schtick

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well after how bad he was last season I feel like he can only get better. With better coaching and management I see him progressing. I personally think Geno will be much better due to his mobility but who knows at this point...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kali yuga View Post
    I doubt you'd know that you had to take a sh!t if you ripped a wet fart.

Your passive aggressive game on this forum makes me think that you are trying to take something out on other people that you can't do in real life.

Which means that the person that drives you to the internet dominates you openly.

Your bravado about owning a BMW while living in a mansion and "owning" a yacht?

That makes me think... no, it makes me KNOW... that you are not the breadwinner in the household. Maybe you have even disclosed that fact.

That you drive a Beeeeeemer while living in a mansion also makes me know that your wife threw you a pittance to make you feel happy about some small part of your life, because she probably dominates every other aspect of it, outside of your sad internet life.

Well, maybe she gives you a gift card on Channukkah so you can buy one of those awesome official NFL authentic jerseys, not the knock offs made in China, a REAL authentic made in Vietnam.

What is it like to live like second best? Oh wait, you have kids. Is it actually fourth or fifth best?
    U should just put him on ignore if he bothers u that much.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll take this part first.

I'm the same poster I always was, I'm just disappointed and lack any shred of optimism. Eventually there will be a bright spot, but today we are the worst team in the NFL, the equivalent of an expansion team.

"Troll" is not defined as "something I really disagree with and makes me angry". If that were the case, I'd be pissed at you and 20 other JI posters who only want to talk about flowers and sunshine as if this place were a fanclub, not a forum that embraces opposing points of view and provides a platform for spirited debate.

I stand for three things right now. None of them require a PHD in rocketry. All of them are fairly mainstream NFL thoughts. None of them is overtly controversial:

1. I think Rex Ryan is a bad HC and bad for the franchise.
    2. I think John Idzik is unqualified.
    3. I think we are back in the dark ages and will wait 10 years to see the postseason again.

And any time I try to post something optimistic? When, say, I try to stand up for Mark Sanchez and point out that there's a 30% chance he might be decent again? I get slammed for that too. I'm taking a stand on a Jets player. I'm all for giving him a second look. Somehow that's "bad". Why? Why is it cool to hate on Sanchez and not hate on Ryan? It's laughable the hypocritical posture taken on this board sometimes.

Your perception of me has nothing to do with my positive/negative stance. It has everything to do with a point of view that you disagree with. I can't help you with that. I'm not here to be a "great" poster. I'm here to discuss the Jets with other Jets fans in the 2 or 3 threads each week that I find interesting.

We are all disappointed, we are all grouchy. Some patience for other posters and some acceptance of opposing points of view is what is called for here. Not another lecture, not more preaching from people who are thick-headed one way against someone whose only crime is being thick-headed the other way.

SAR I
    Think u are going overboard with the ten year no post season. U can't really believe that. I think it might take a few years but we will be back.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well after how bad he was last season I feel like he can only get better. With better coaching and management I see him progressing. I personally think Geno will be much better due to his mobility but who knows at this point...
    Well... most of us have been watching him for 4 years...(assuming this is still about Sanchez) and he has not taken the next step even from game to game.

We all hoped he would do SOMETHING last year, but, the entire PLANET saw what he accomplished last season...

The Buttfumble.

If he comes out of the blue and plays great, AWESOME!!!
    If not, I am comfortable in thinking Geno can handle things.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, we all want the next Peyton Manning, but until then you try to win with Joe Flacco.

Mark Sanchez was drafted to be a decent, not great, quarterback to compliment the Rex Ryan Master Plan- Powerful running game, dominant defense. The statistics don't matter, that's just a crutch to justify dumping him prematurely. In a 20 game stretch, Mark Sanchez led the Jets to a 16-4 record including 4 playoff wins and 5 epic last minute comebacks. That is nothing to be taken lightly. That is not easy to find. In fact, you can't name one Jets quarterback other than Joe Namath that came close to that sustained level of success.

There's a 30% chance Mark Sanchez bounces back. Sadly, if he does, it won't be in New York. This year's offense looks to be as bad as last year's. We need to keep Geno clean, let Mark take the pounding, wait for Idzik to get some weapons in here in 2014.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

!

Hey, we all want the next Peyton Manning, but until then you try to win with Joe Flacco.

Mark Sanchez was drafted to be a decent, not great, quarterback to compliment the Rex Ryan Master Plan- Powerful running game, dominant defense. The statistics don't matter, that's just a crutch to justify dumping him prematurely. In a 20 game stretch, Mark Sanchez led the Jets to a 16-4 record including 4 playoff wins and 5 epic last minute comebacks. That is nothing to be taken lightly. That is not easy to find. In fact, you can't name one Jets quarterback other than Joe Namath that came close to that sustained level of success.

There's a 30% chance Mark Sanchez bounces back. Sadly, if he does, it won't be in New York. This year's offense looks to be as bad as last year's. We need to keep Geno clean, let Mark take the pounding, wait for Idzik to get some weapons in here in 2014.

SAR I
    OK.... So, Geno is much smarter than Mark.
    Do you not see that?!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well... most of us have been watching him for 4 years...(assuming this is still about Sanchez) and he has not taken the next step even from game to game.

We all hoped he would do SOMETHING last year, but, the entire PLANET saw what he accomplished last season...

The Buttfumble.

Ironic how the very people who claim "the media is out to kill the Jets!" allow themselves the luxury of leaning on the ESPN soundbite buttfumble to encapsulate Mark Sanchez.

Ironic how the very people who claim "Rex Ryan deserves another chance based on his first two seasons!" allow themselves the luxury of leaning on the last two seasons to encapsulate Mark Sanchez.

You can't make this stuff up.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ironic how the very people who claim "the media is out to kill the Jets!" allow themselves the luxury of leaning on the ESPN soundbite buttfumble to encapsulate Mark Sanchez.

Ironic how the very people who claim "Rex Ryan deserves another chance based on his first two seasons!" allow themselves the luxury of leaning on the last two seasons to encapsulate Mark Sanchez.

You can't make this stuff up.

SAR I
    LMAO!!!!! WOW!!! You've REALLY been sinking pretty hard!

You are saying Sanchez is better at his job than Rex is!

Unbelievable!

Done with you, Scott.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK.... So, Geno is much smarter than Mark.
    Do you not see that?!
    I don't know what I see in Geno Smith, never saw him play a down in college. I hope and pray that he is our answer, our Jesus, come to save us and deliver us a Super Bowl.

Since we are in a transition, since our offense looks to be as shaky as last year, and since we have a history of wrecking promising young QB talent, the best play is to glue Geno to the bench, watch Sanchez be the AFC Punching Bag again, and let the rook learn something.

Next year, new head coach, more draft emphasis on offense, cap room for playmakers, Geno starts, unharmed and unaffected by the disaster that will be the 2013 season.

That's the smart play.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    LMAO!!!!! WOW!!! You've REALLY been sinking pretty hard!

You are saying Sanchez is better at his job than Rex is!

Unbelievable!

Done with you, Scott.
    No, I'm saying they both suck right now.

What is at stake is the answer to the question: "Which of the two has the best chance to rebound and contribute to the Jets future?"

Rex Ryan is a 50 year old man who has been around football for 40 years. He is set in his ways, even admits this himself. He is what he is. A defensive coordinator in over his head. WWF middle fingers, cursing at fans, tatoos, fetish videos, a player's coach who over promises and under delivers.

Mark Sanchez was a 22 year old kid who left college a year early. He has been bounced around between three offensive coordinators, has never been given a set of consistent WR's to bond with, and was outright abandoned last year, asked to run the worst offense in the NFL with Tim Tebow looking over his shoulder.

Both suck right now. Mark Sanchez has accomplished more in his short career than Rex Ryan has in his lengthy one. Mark Sanchez was given a pile of sh-t to work with last year, and Rex Ryan is the man who picks the players, picks the coordinators, builds the team. Rex is the problem. Mark is a symptom.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Both suck right now. Mark Sanchez has accomplished more in his short career than Rex Ryan has in his lengthy one. Mark Sanchez was given a pile of sh-t to work with last year, and Rex Ryan is the man who picks the players, picks the coordinators, builds the team. Rex is the problem. Mark is a symptom.

SAR I
    Really not worth a reply, BUT... Do you realize what you're saying?

REALLY???

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

The Buttfumble.

Ive been watching him for 4 years as well, i think he slightly progressed in his second year and then went downhill in his 3rd and just completely crashed in his 4th year. It's very easy to hate on him for his terrible play but if he had a better opportunity ( such as recievers and good OC) theres no way he would've played as bad as he did last year. With all that said though a parting of ways is most likely best for both him and the organization.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ive been watching him for 4 years as well, i think he slightly progressed in his second year and then went downhill in his 3rd and just completely crashed in his 4th year. It's very easy to hate on him for his terrible play but if he had a better opportunity ( such as recievers and good OC) theres no way he would've played as bad as he did last year. With all that said though a parting of ways is most likely best for both him and the organization.
    We'll see... It's either gonna be him or Geno... And, thanks to the media ENTIRELY, there will be a giant soap opera surrounding it, hoping we just turn out to be a disaster.

Mark has not been in this situation. Neither has Geno. I wish he hadn't worn that ridiculous headband, tho...

Hopefully, Mark is tested to the fullest to prove his incompetence early on so we can move on for good. (of course, if he plays lights out, then let Mark play)