Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What happens to our defense if Rex is fired?

Banned

What happens to our defense if Rex is fired?

Rex has been hated on pretty hard by some people and that's understandable considering our record the last few years. I personally think he is a very good coach and has far outlived my expectations over the last 4 years. But I'm curious to see how our defense would look if he was let go, he's most likely the best defensive mind in the NFL and I think with a good enough offensive coordinator this team can be scary if we pick up a solid Reciever and tight end. With all that said how much do you think the D would regress without him being the mastermind behind it?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Our defense would improve.

Because for the first time in 4 years they would play hard.

SAR I

How much? A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I
    Even YOU can't actually believe that.

Banned

SAR I
    Keep on trollin trollin trollin trollin trollin WHAT? keep on trollin trollin trollin

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Even YOU can't actually believe that.
    I can tell if the Jets are going to lose on a given day simply by watching the first defensive series.

Rex Ryan's defense leads the league in no-shows. And in big spots, too. Thanksgiving ring a bell? Both AFCCG's sound familiar? When the D shows up, good things can happen. Problem is, the D doesn't show up 70% of the time.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Cro's Kids View Post
    Keep on trollin trollin trollin trollin trollin WHAT? keep on trollin trollin trollin
    Get a girlfriend, son.

SAR I

Banned
    I can tell if the Jets are going to lose on a given day simply by watching the first defensive series.

Rex Ryan's defense leads the league in no-shows. And in big spots, too. Thanksgiving ring a bell? Both AFCCG's sound familiar? When the D shows up, good things can happen. Problem is, the D doesn't show up 70% of the time.

SAR I
    Very logical and factual. I wish I had the same crystal ball as you

Banned
    Get a girlfriend, son.

SAR I
    Is that a personal insult? Oh wait then again it's SAR, you're the jetsinsider version of Kim jong un

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Is that a personal insult? Oh wait then again it's SAR, you're the jetsinsider version of Kim jong un
    Another child thinking a discussion forum is Twitter.

Hit the 'ignore' button, let's part ways gracefully.

SAR I

Banned

SAR I
    No, I need someone to make me feel intelligent every once in awhile...That'svwhy I'll continue to read your posts. But touche

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

No, I need someone to make me feel intelligent every once in awhile...That'svwhy I'll continue to read your posts. But touche
    Just stop.

SAR I

SAR I
    What happened to SAR doesn't engage in personal attacks?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JmercJETS View Post
    What happened to SAR doesn't engage in personal attacks?
    Even SAR makes mistakes too, just a bit more often. Well maybe all the time...

Rex Ryan's D, Top 10 every year, year in, year out.

Mark Sanchez, worst QB in the NFL over the past four years.

The best way to make our D better? Fire Mark Sanchez.

Maybe with a few less pick 6's, butt fumbles, 48% completion games, endless three-and-out games, and a few less "oh here D, defend this really short field" games, our Top 10 D might just be Top 3.

Somehow I doubt firing our Defense (or it's couch) would suddeny make Mark "Total Bust" Sanchez a top 3 QB.

Someone on the street today called me a "Sarhole" because I complained it was too sunny out today.. I'm told that is 20 times worse than being called a A-hole.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

What would happen to our offense?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    What would happen to our offense?
    Great question..Hmmm

rex ryan is a very good coach period. the whole "circus" bandwagon that the media help create is why people think he not fit....the guy has made some predictions and was VERY close to them coming true in his forst two seasons....his D plays hard..even with average players always top 10.
    even if the jets finish with 6 wins id want him back, because the only thing holding this team back from 10-12 wins is just an AVERAGE offense....if we finish in the top 15 last year, we make the playoffs...end of story

Rookie

SAR I
    You're just making things up as you go now. Yeah Rex Ryan didn't get his defense motivated enough to help the franchise savior Mark Sanchez beat Peyton Manning and Ben Roethlisberger on the road. I understand you want a superbowl, but who has ever brought the Jets closer than Rex did, twice. Why don't you try a pats board or something and you can play the role of the loveable depressed Jets fan who agrees with all the homer pats about how they are going to win. Because that's what your posts are coming to. And patsfans.com might actually appreciate you, something you've probably been craving for a while roughly about 39,370 posts ago