Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What happens to our defense if Rex is fired?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetFan92 View Post
    You're just making things up as you go now. Yeah Rex Ryan didn't get his defense motivated enough to help the franchise savior Mark Sanchez beat Peyton Manning and Ben Roethlisberger on the road. I understand you want a superbowl, but who has ever brought the Jets closer than Rex did, twice. Why don't you try a pats board or something and you can play the role of the loveable depressed Jets fan who agrees with all the homer pats about how they are going to win. Because that's what your posts are coming to. And patsfans.com might actually appreciate you, something you've probably been craving for a while roughly about 39,370 posts ago
    Wow... No kidding! For real.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    When Ryan is fired, (hopefully at the end of the season) a lot will depend on who the new head coach is and what kind of defense he wants to play and who he brings in as the new coordinator. Besides the linebackers and safeties, he will inherit a good core group of players.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    When Ryan is fired, (hopefully at the end of the season) a lot will depend on who the new head coach is and what kind of defense he wants to play and who he brings in as the new coordinator. Besides the linebackers and safeties, he will inherit a good core group of players.
    Well... Too bad for you, but Ryan is gonna be here for a while so you may as well get used to him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Our defense would improve.

Because for the first time in 4 years they would play hard.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    I guess that means you have no idea. Probably average to below average considering we'd be hiring a Head coach and coordinators no one else wanted.
    That's like throwing out your hot out of your league girlfriend because she doesn't cook so well. Hire someone to do the cooking.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    what happens to our defense when Rex Ryan gets the contract extension he so clearly deserves during the 2013 season?

and Turnover#6 is waived either before, during or after the 2013 season??

It gets better for the next 4-5 years as does the offense and the entire team
    Last edited by sg3; 05-02-2013 at 06:38 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    What would happen to our offense?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    What would happen to our offense?
    It would magically become top 5 , and Sanchez would leap over defenses. Rex has been stopping all the good plays just so the defense would have to save the day. Sanchez go throw the ball on the ground. Our defense needs a challenge.

The answer is it would depend on who the QB is, same as now.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lauderdale jet View Post
    rex ryan is a very good coach period. the whole "circus" bandwagon that the media help create is why people think he not fit....the guy has made some predictions and was VERY close to them coming true in his forst two seasons....his D plays hard..even with average players always top 10.
    even if the jets finish with 6 wins id want him back, because the only thing holding this team back from 10-12 wins is just an AVERAGE offense....if we finish in the top 15 last year, we make the playoffs...end of story
    So wrong I don't know where to begin.

We are a bad team and Rex Ryan created it. Start there.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Arctor View Post
    Rex Ryan's D, Top 10 every year, year in, year out.

Mark Sanchez, worst QB in the NFL over the past four years.

The best way to make our D better? Fire Mark Sanchez.

Maybe with a few less pick 6's, butt fumbles, 48% completion games, endless three-and-out games, and a few less "oh here D, defend this really short field" games, our Top 10 D might just be Top 3.

Somehow I doubt firing our Defense (or it's couch) would suddeny make Mark "Total Bust" Sanchez a top 3 QB.
    + 6 million

Get rid of the stinking Turnover Machine as soon as is financially possible and until then, leave him rotting on the bench where he can't do any further harm to this team

Matt Leinart II

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Ryan gets fired we'll find a new HC and he'll get a DC and the defense will be fine. With the talent the Jets have on defense they'll find themselves a quality DC and be just fine.

I like Rex and would be fine if he stayed, as long as we have a strong OC (meaning let Rex stay if we keep MM)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cro's Kids View Post
    Rex has been hated on pretty hard by some people and that's understandable considering our record the last few years. I personally think he is a very good coach and has far outlived my expectations over the last 4 years. But I'm curious to see how our defense would look if he was let go, he's most likely the best defensive mind in the NFL and I think with a good enough offensive coordinator this team can be scary if we pick up a solid Reciever and tight end. With all that said how much do you think the D would regress without him being the mastermind behind it?
    There's more than one guy out there that knows how to coach defense. So we would be able to find a suitable replacement, I'm just not sure how long it would take.

Rex has not been a very good coach when it comes to offense, but he also has not been given much in the way of talent. Bottom line:

Unless you are given the talent, your team will go nowhere.

Rex has been a great HC over the last 4 seasons and if you manage to separate fact from fiction or things that Rex does not control, you can plainly see that.

Does he need to get better? Of course. But he's the best first time HC the league has ever seen. Certainly the best HC this organization has ever seen.

Some here just are simply not smart enough to know that things that he does off the field and on his own time are not any concern of the owner or the workplace. Just because this world has gone viral and Rex is in a position of high exposure is no reason to complicate on the job performance.

There two separate issues.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If possible, could everyone stop quoting SAR in their posts.

The ignore button is pretty useless if you end up seeing all the posts anyway . . .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Due to the drafts that we've had I'm guessing it would be a 43 defense with press coverage corners, which isn't too far off from what it is now/what it's going to look like this season.

I just hope that whoever the next HC/DC are in 2014 that we're finally able to address the need at Free Safety, because once again we don't have a single capable one on the roster this season and we will not win a championship until that need is addressed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Arctor View Post
    Rex Ryan's D, Top 10 every year, year in, year out.

Mark Sanchez, worst QB in the NFL over the past four years.

The best way to make our D better? Fire Mark Sanchez.

Maybe with a few less pick 6's, butt fumbles, 48% completion games, endless three-and-out games, and a few less "oh here D, defend this really short field" games, our Top 10 D might just be Top 3.

Somehow I doubt firing our Defense (or it's couch) would suddeny make Mark "Total Bust" Sanchez a top 3 QB.
    +1

Lets try playing with a lead instead of giving our defense a short field every series. I feel like that might help them...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post

The ignore button is pretty useless if you end up seeing all the posts anyway . . .
    +infinity

Or even better, join the scores of JI posters ignoring the lame schtick

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I can tell if the Jets are going to lose on a given day simply by watching the first defensive series.

Rex Ryan's defense leads the league in no-shows. And in big spots, too. Thanksgiving ring a bell? Both AFCCG's sound familiar? When the D shows up, good things can happen. Problem is, the D doesn't show up 70% of the time.

SAR I
    "Leads the league in no shows"? LOL, where do they bury that statistic?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post

Agreed. Trolling is supposed to be against the site rules, but some (who drive post counts and page views a la Francessa on the radio) seem interestingly immune to those rules some days.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    It's right next to "Games Given Away By Personal Failure".

Sanchez is the NFL leader in both stats, it should be pointed out, personally losing vastly more games than he's personally won via his play.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Deep within SAR's ass

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    People act like all head coaches are in on every offensive and defensive meeting.

Sure they have some input, but in the end, the OC runs the offense, and the DC runs the defense. Due people really think that Mike Tomlin runs his offense? Hell, he barely runs his defense. Tomlin came from the 4-3 Tampa-2 and inherited the nasty Pitt 3-4. He just knew enough to stay out of it.

Good coaches hire good assistants and let them work. Rex's biggest fault has been not hiring/being forced to take poor offensive co-ordinators. He has clearly matured as a coach, you don't hear all the rah-rah rhetoric.