Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: What happens to our defense if Rex is fired?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    "bounces back"? Bounces back to what? Sanchez never had "it" to begin with, even when he had a better offensive unit around him. What you fail to acknowledge is that Sanchez was awful even in the 2 years we made it to the AFCCG. We got there IN SPITE OF Sanchez, not because of him.

You have never been more wrong about any player as this. Never. It is disturbing because you always have had a good head on your shoulder about things. But not with respect to this. JMO, here. I'm fine with us disagreeing about it.
    Mark Sanchez went on a 16-4 run after shaking his rookie jitters in 2009 and for the first half of 2010. And when things cooled off a bit, all he did was lead us to 5 impossible last-minute fourth quarter comebacks, two improbable playoff wins, again, on the road, including the dagger in Foxboro.

Let's say he wasn't "great". Merely "good" during that stretch. Can you name another quarterback not named Brady or Marino that had that level of experience and success that early in his career? No, you can't. Kid just turned 23, already had a 4-2 playoff record and was arguably the best Jet on the field in the two losses which were both Championship games, tremendous pressure, he outperformed Todd and Testaverde as well as O'Brien and Pennington who never made it that far. We were looking at the potential second-coming of Joe Namath. We were set up for our savior.

And that's where Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum and two horrible offensive coordinators ruined the kid. No weapons, no protection, no playmakers, no running game, you know the rest.

All I am saying is that the POTENTIAL Mark Sanchez showed back in '09 and '10 was something very important and something that was completely neglected so we could focus on, what else, the defense.

I disregard the last two seasons because a) no quarterback could have succeeded with that load of crap around him and b) the Jets owed the 24 year old some f-cking support that they deliberately robbed him of. I contend that in the right circumstances back then, with a set of WR's to bond with and get in rhythm with, without Wayne Hunter getting him killed, he might have developed into something special.

I don't think that is a criminal point of view for a Jets fan to take.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Its like a cruise ship captain who crashes a ship in the rocks, the cruise ship company has to pay and build another ship, do you really want to give the keys back to the guy who wrecked the ship in the first place??
    That is the perfect description of the case to get rid of Rex Ryan. HE is the cruise ship captain.

Mark Sanchez is merely the entertainment director who was asked to do his job without water in the pool and without a singer on the stage.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mark Sanchez went on a 16-4 run after shaking his rookie jitters in 2009 and for the first half of 2010. And when things cooled off a bit, all he did was lead us to 5 impossible last-minute fourth quarter comebacks, two improbable playoff wins, again, on the road, including the dagger in Foxboro.

Let's say he wasn't "great". Merely "good" during that stretch. Can you name another quarterback not named Brady or Marino that had that level of experience and success that early in his career? No, you can't. Kid just turned 23, already had a 4-2 playoff record and was arguably the best Jet on the field in the two losses which were both Championship games, tremendous pressure, he outperformed Todd and Testaverde as well as O'Brien and Pennington who never made it that far. We were looking at the potential second-coming of Joe Namath. We were set up for our savior.

And that's where Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum and two horrible offensive coordinators ruined the kid. No weapons, no protection, no playmakers, no running game, you know the rest.

All I am saying is that the POTENTIAL Mark Sanchez showed back in '09 and '10 was something very important and something that was completely neglected so we could focus on, what else, the defense.

I disregard the last two seasons because a) no quarterback could have succeeded with that load of crap around him and b) the Jets owed the 24 year old some f-cking support that they deliberately robbed him of. I contend that in the right circumstances back then, with a set of WR's to bond with and get in rhythm with, without Wayne Hunter getting him killed, he might have developed into something special.

SAR I
    He wasn't even "good" during that successful stretch. He sucked. The team got where it did in spite of him, not because of him. He's a loser. He has no pocket awareness, zero instincts as is aptly demonstrated by moving laterally or even forward straight into oncoming rushers (or even his own linemen's big asses), no QB smarts (plays had to be dumbed down and color-coded for him). But the biggest problem, and one that has nothing to do with his surrounding support, is his inaccuracy. That can't be coached. You either have it or you don't and Sanchez don't. He was a sham since he first set foot in the 1st Jets camp. Bad, bad draft pick. And to think, we actually moved up and forfeited a 2d rounder to move up to get this mistake.

Defense will again be bottom 15 in the league...

Rex has by far had the best defense I've seen as a Jets fan in my time. The only defense that came close was the one year with Donnie running the show and even that wasn't as good as 2 of the years here.

Rex = top 10 defense. And most often top 5. Just get the guy a QB and Rex will do damage in the playoffs where he clearly get the guys playing their best.

SAR I
    Roethlisberger went 14-1 as a starter up to the AFC Championship game his first year in the league. He won a superbowl in his second season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FootballFan1 View Post
    Roethlisberger went 14-1 as a starter up to the AFC Championship game his first year in the league. He won a superbowl in his second season.
    There are only about 74 quarterbacks currently in the NFL better than Mark Buttfumble.

Arguably the only one worse is Matt Leinart

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    There are only about 74 quarterbacks currently in the NFL better than Mark Buttfumble.

Not true. Leinart was never given a fair shot!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Does his trolling ever end? Is there a single thread with the name Rex in it that he doesn't hijack with the same tired rant?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by FootballFan1 View Post
    Another Hall Of Famer.

Manning, Marino, Elway, Manning, Rogers, Brees, Brady, lets just keep comparing Sanchez to the best QB's of the past 20 years and then claim that he can't keep up. Gee. What shocking news.

He's still a kid with an impressive postseason record and stat sheet. Nothing to take lightly. Especially compared to garbage like Pennington, Testaverde, O'Donnell, Esiason, O'Brien, and Todd.

Mark Sanchez played well enough to get us to back-to-back Super Bowls if Rex Ryan's defense showed up in Indianapolis and Pittsburgh. Stew on that fact. Because its true.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Does his trolling ever end? Is there a single thread with the name Rex in it that he doesn't hijack with the same tired rant? :
    Facts don't get "tired" just because you don't want to hear them.

I suggest you look at the title of this thread; looks like I'm one of the few that's on-topic, chief. Where's your thread predicting the Jets at 12 wins again this season? No way I could have missed it.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Defense will again be bottom 15 in the league...

Rex has by far had the best defense I've seen as a Jets fan in my time. The only defense that came close was the one year with Donnie running the show and even that wasn't as good as 2 of the years here.

Rex = top 10 defense. And most often top 5. Just get the guy a QB and Rex will do damage in the playoffs where he clearly get the guys playing their best.
    Did you watch any of the games last season?

We lost because the team was built around defense and a ground attack and we could do neither. We fall behind early, the defense can't stop anyone, we abandon the rushing attack, we ask the quarterback to throw 50 times a game to guys named Schillens, Gilyard, and Gates, we lose. Rinse. Wash. Repeat.

Please mention the Buttfumble again. Love that one. Everyone forgets that the defense let Brady march on a 16 play 84 yard drive like butter for 7. And then our 'great' secondary lets a 1 yard dump-off to Shane Vareen go for 83 yards and another 7. Joe McKnight fumbles a kickoff and another 7. Brady goes 57 yards to Julian Edelman for another 7.

But wait! That was just the first half! On a night when the Jets defense gives up 42 points, blame Mark Sanchez! Buttfumble! Yeah, that's the ticket! That's why we lost! It's not Rex Ryan! We were prepared! Mark Sanchez booooooo!

Idiots.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I suggest you look at the title of this thread; looks like I'm one of the few that's on-topic, chief. Where's your thread predicting the Jets at 12 wins again this season? No way I could have missed it.

SAR I
    You're a broken record who hijacks every thread.

Keep playing the dick, then find my 12 win prediction. Look in the thread where you predicted 4 wins. Or the playoff loses Nostredomous. .

The title of the thread is what will happen to the D if hes fired, not why Rex needs to go, not why they lost, not buttfumble, Sanchez or every other tangent you have gone while hijacking another thread with your tired trolling act. And been wrong about while screaming look at me
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 05-03-2013 at 05:49 PM.

Does his trolling ever end? Is there a single thread with the name Rex in it that he doesn't hijack with the same tired rant?
    No, it doesn't. Doosh is a friggin spam-bot.

Keep playing the dick, then find my 12 win prediction. Look in the thread where you predicted 4 wins. Or the playoff loses Nostredomous. .

The title of the thread is what will happen to the D, not why Rex needs to go, not why they lost, not buttfumble, Sanchez or every other tangent you have gone. And been wrong about while screaming look at me
    He's gonna cry to a mod about you now!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    He's gonna cry to a mod about you now!
    Its what he does. I have a list of messages he wrote crying about me.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

Sar certainly is an astute QB analyst, isn't he? One would have difficulty figuring out why his analysis of coaching performances is so disregarded.

Jets Insider VIP

SAR I
    You haven't been on topic for sh*t.

You're a full adult diaper freak who discharges your vaginal secretions all over a message board that isn't full of baby biomes who have nothing left to live for except hair pieces and cars that make up for acorn peens.

You are not a Jets fan. You're a JetsFanTex. Just change you're name. You make the SARS disease look bad....

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

The title of the thread is what will happen to the D if hes fired, not why Rex needs to go, not why they lost, not buttfumble, Sanchez or every other tangent you have gone while hijacking another thread with your tired trolling act. And been wrong about while screaming look at me
    I am currently active in 3 threads on Page 1 of the Landing Strip which displays 33 threads.

Two of them have to do with Mark Sanchez, one of them has to do with Rex Ryan. It is impossible to troll or hijack a thread in which you are on-topic, it's a physical impossibility.

If you don't like what others write about Rex Ryan or Mark Sanchez, stop entering threads about them. There are threads right now about the 4-3 vs. the 3-4, tons of Geno Smith threads, who we cut today, even a David Garrard thread. You won't find me in any one of those. They don't interest me.

For the last year, you stalk me in the couple of threads I'm active in and decide to make trouble. We're not idiots. You can stop now. It's old.

And if anyone's a troll here, seek a mirror. You think we forgot last summer? Nope. Keep looking for those 6 missing wins. They're out there somewhere.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

You hijacked this thread. You easily have more posts than anyone else. Its what you do, pummel a dead horse and spin it every which way.

Stop changing the subject, this is what kids and fools do.

I noticed that rather then contradict Sar's analysis, posters end up just name calling and acting rather childish. I have agreed and disagreed with Sar, but he sure packs his posts with substance, not this teenager put down nonsense.