Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 200

Thread: What happens to our defense if Rex is fired?

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    He picked the QB.

    He picked the OC's.

    ....but that's not Rex Ryan's fault. LOL.

    SAR I
    People love to forget the fact that Rex drafted Sanchez..

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    People love to forget the fact that Rex drafted Sanchez..
    What makes you think that? I'm curious

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    People love to forget the fact that Rex drafted Sanchez..
    Mike Tannenbaum drafted Sanchez, that's what the GM does.

  4. #64
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Deep within SAR's ass
    I imagine it has plenty of company,

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    I imagine it has plenty of company,
    Funniest of the day lol

  6. #66
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,724
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Did Rex himself make the defense a strong unit? I doubt that he is solely responsible for that. Poor coaching can hinder a player's development but I don't think losing Rex would negatively impact the play of any of our top defensive players. That being said, I think Rex Ryan would do much better as a DC than an HC.
    He came onto the team, and immediately took Mangini's average defense, and with the pundits projecting 4 wins, turned us into the number one defense. Best QB rating against, even though we had no pass rushers. I remember everyone here saying that this team before the 2009 season was going to suck, and that it would take Rex a few years to turn it around. Then he led us to the AFCCG with a rookie QB, and an idiot OC. It took 3 more years of poor personnel management to get us a losing season. No Rex is no GM, but now he doesn't have to be one anymore, and he can in fact stop trying to do too much, and focus on making our defense great again.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Mike Tannenbaum drafted Sanchez, that's what the GM does.
    Yeah and Rex had no say in that right? It's a fact that they all loved him at his pro day.. It was a joint decision. He has a ****ing tat of his wife in a Sanchez jersey but ok you're right it's Rex fault he got stuck with Sanchez. He also picked Sporano as his OC who was a disaster. Rex has done a lot of great things but the people who defend everything he does like he's been perfect are fooling themselves. He's the Head Coach and is responsible for every part of the team including the dog sh*t offense.

  8. #68
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    Yeah and Rex had no say in that right? It's a fact that they all loved him at his pro day.. It was a joint decision. He has a ****ing tat of his wife in a Sanchez jersey but ok you're right it's Rex fault he got stuck with Sanchez. He also picked Sporano as his OC who was a disaster. Rex has done a lot of great things but the people who defend everything he does like he's been perfect are fooling themselves. He's the Head Coach and is responsible for every part of the team including the dog sh*t offense.
    who are those people?

    Or are you just propping up a straw man to argue against?

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    Yeah and Rex had no say in that right? It's a fact that they all loved him at his pro day.. It was a joint decision. He has a ****ing tat of his wife in a Sanchez jersey but ok you're right it's Rex fault he got stuck with Sanchez. He also picked Sporano as his OC who was a disaster. Rex has done a lot of great things but the people who defend everything he does like he's been perfect are fooling themselves. He's the Head Coach and is responsible for every part of the team including the dog sh*t offense.
    Yea, not that there was a lack of talent recently...

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    who are those people?

    Or are you just propping up a straw man to argue against?
    Almost every Rex defender on JI who's main calling card is "lets see what Rex can do with a real offense!" As if he has had no control over the offense for 4 years.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Cro's Kids View Post
    Yea, not that there was a lack of talent recently...
    From 2009-2012 we've drafted 4 offensive players (Sanchez Greene Ducasse Hill) in the first 3 rounds so that might have something to do with it.. But according to MaineJet the head coach doesn't have input on the draft. So we can let it slide

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I don't know. Why don't tell us all by tapping into all that vast football knowledge you have?
    I have as much football knowledge as any other fan in a sports discussion forum. I've yet to run into a single poster that has said anything enlightening, ever, on football matters. In the Stadium thread we had great expert contributions because we the fans were intimately in the process. None of us work for the Jets football operation to my knowledge.

    All that is displayed on team matters are amateur opinions and linguistics.

    SAR I

  13. #73
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    Almost every Rex defender on JI who's main calling card is "lets see what Rex can do with a real offense!" As if he has had no control over the offense for 4 years.
    I like Rex but there is no doubt he neglected the Offense for his first 4 years.. I hope he is finally learning that a HC is responsible for all parts of the team not just the defense..

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I like Rex but there is no doubt he neglected the Offense for his first 4 years.. I hope he is finally learning that a HC is responsible for all parts of the team not just the defense..
    Agreed. I don't hate Rex at all but the offense has been neglected for years .. Saying he's had no offense is stupid when he's part of the reason why

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Lauderdale:

    before you answer this... know that I answered those points with very talking points, actual ACHIEVEMENTS and SAR passed it off as a history lesson that had no bearing on today.

    Meanwhile, the rest of the sane world looks at prior achievements to determine whether or not a HC is deserving of more years.

    But, that's SAR for you...
    Mark Sanchez' prior accomplishments are how the rest of the sane world looks at prior achievements to determine whether or not a QB is deserving of more years.

    Makes perfect sense, the history lesson, right?

    SAR I

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Cro's Kids View Post
    God you're an idiot
    Oh, really?

    In a thread that you created about Rex Ryan's firing you can't give us 10 measly reasons why Rex is the right coach for this team? Let's have it, my boy. You're the genius. Answer the question.

    SAR I

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Did Rex himself make the defense a strong unit? I doubt that he is solely responsible for that. Poor coaching can hinder a player's development but I don't think losing Rex would negatively impact the play of any of our top defensive players. That being said, I think Rex Ryan would do much better as a DC than an HC.
    +1.

    Also....

    "Top defensive players"?

    I think I see one.

    SAR I

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    People love to forget the fact that Rex drafted Sanchez..
    Oh, yeah, it's great isn't it?

    I love this one almost as much:

    "On Rex Ryan, the rest of the sane world looks at prior achievements to determine whether or not a HC is deserving of more years."

    .....and then they ignore the exact same argument to giving the QB the same free pass.

    SAR I

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    From 2009-2012 we've drafted 4 offensive players (Sanchez Greene Ducasse Hill) in the first 3 rounds so that might have something to do with it.. But according to MaineJet the head coach doesn't have input on the draft. So we can let it slide
    We were told by John Idzik this week that Rex Ryan had "great input" on the 2013 draft which is consistent with what leaked about the 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 drafts.

    Rex Ryan is responsible for it all, and it is all awful.

    SAR I

  20. #80
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,364
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We were told by John Idzik this week that Rex Ryan had "great input" on the 2013 draft which is consistent with what leaked about the 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 drafts.

    Rex Ryan is responsible for it all, and it is all awful.

    SAR I
    And he admits that. He said he was "ultimately responsible" for the Tebow abortion. So I don't know how anyone can defend him when he himself admits he effed up.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us