Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What happens to our defense if Rex is fired?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    If possible, could everyone stop quoting SAR in their posts.

The ignore button is pretty useless if you end up seeing all the posts anyway . . .
    Just did.. Ahh wont have to see the master troll dumb posts anymore.. Hopefully everyone does it so he can just waste time posting to himself

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Rex is fired, the law of averages says that the defense will gradually erode to mid-pack or lower. Average. However, the offense would also improve. And based on how bad our O has been, it would get to about mid-pack too, lol.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Just did.. Ahh wont have to see the master troll dumb posts anymore.. Hopefully everyone does it so he can just waste time posting to himself
    Welcome to the fastest growing club at JI. You'll never regret joining

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    So wrong I don't know where to begin.

We are a bad team and Rex Ryan created it. Start there.

SAR I
    you dont know where to begin because you have no where to start.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisChrusher#40 View Post
    If Rex is fired, the law of averages says that the defense will gradually erode to mid-pack or lower. Average. However, the offense would also improve. And based on how bad our O has been, it would get to about mid-pack too, lol.
    For those reasons I like the idea of keeping Rex and continuing to adjust the offense (new OC, looking at a potential QB change). If it ain't broke don't fix it, and the D has never really been the broken side of the ball.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    For those reasons I like the idea of keeping Rex and continuing to adjust the offense (new OC, looking at a potential QB change). If it ain't broke don't fix it, and the D has never really been the broken side of the ball.
    +1

Let him have a chance with a REAL OC and a halfway decent QB... We'll win a LOT of games.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cro's Kids View Post
    Even SAR makes mistakes too, just a bit more often. Well maybe all the time...
    he doesn't like rex ryan, and he doesn't like GM's who don't fire Rex Ryan immediately. Every point he has made or will ever make will fit that narrative to a T. You can predict with a 99% confidence interval what he's going to say, and how he's going to react to every move Idzik makes...he won't like it because Rex is still on board. Were you really shocked he started a "draft so bad etc etc" thread? The dude is a bigger clown than rex, tannenbaum, and woody could ever be hah. What a loser.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    There's more than one guy out there that knows how to coach defense. So we would be able to find a suitable replacement, I'm just not sure how long it would take.

Rex has not been a very good coach when it comes to offense, but he also has not been given much in the way of talent. Bottom line:

Unless you are given the talent, your team will go nowhere.

Rex has been a great HC over the last 4 seasons and if you manage to separate fact from fiction or things that Rex does not control, you can plainly see that.

Does he need to get better? Of course. But he's the best first time HC the league has ever seen. Certainly the best HC this organization has ever seen.

Some here just are simply not smart enough to know that things that he does off the field and on his own time are not any concern of the owner or the workplace. Just because this world has gone viral and Rex is in a position of high exposure is no reason to complicate on the job performance.

There two separate issues.
    They are not two separate issues. They are connected.

If Rex Ryan wasn't a clown, does Peyton Manning come to New York last season? Do one of the blue-chip GM's return a Woody Johnson phone call?

The circus hurts us in multiple ways.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    "Leads the league in no shows"? LOL, where do they bury that statistic?
    Come to a game with me next season. Sit in my section, talk to the guys. We'll show you the quit that the defense brings each week, how easily they lay down.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lauderdale jet View Post
    you dont know where to begin because you have no where to start.

Give us 10 reasons why Rex Ryan is a good head coach, especially for this team right now. Start with things like strategy, developing talent, cache of strong coaches, halftime adjustments, record against winning teams, offensive acumen, I'm sure there are hundreds. Give us 10.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    +1

Let him have a chance with a REAL OC and a halfway decent QB... We'll win a LOT of games.
    He picked the QB.

He picked the OC's.

....but that's not Rex Ryan's fault. LOL.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

If Rex Ryan wasn't a clown, does Peyton Manning come to New York last season? Do one of the blue-chip GM's return a Woody Johnson phone call?

SAR I
    No, Peyton Manning doesn't come to NY if Rex isn't around.

He was never going to come here.

This is his little brothers town and he didn't want to steal the spotlight from him. It was always going to be either Denver or San Fran.

And what blue chip GM's are you talking about? Seriously, throw some names my way.

What notable, long tenured GM turned us down besides Bill Polian, who simply didn't want to come back due to his age, but still helped Woody in the recruiting process?

You continually throw baseless sh*t at the wall and try passing it off as fact.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    4 times ignore= ignore

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

This is his little brothers town and he didn't want to steal the spotlight from him. It was always going to be either Denver or San Fran.

And what blue chip GM's are you talking about? Seriously, throw some names my way.

What notable, long tenured GM turned us down besides Bill Polian, who simply didn't want to come back due to his age, but still helped Woody in the recruiting process?

The big picture, which you refuse to see, is that the Jets are a bad organization. "Dysfunctional", "circus", whatever you want to call it.

We used to be a place that free agents wanted to come to because we had talent and were led by a players-coach. It was great, we recruited lots of desirable players, we retained lots of desirable coaches. Rex Ryan gets full credit. Great job.

Now that that's blown up in his face, we're a mess. All his coaches and coordinators escaped. No decent talent that has an opportunity will take us seriously- coordinators, coaches, players, front office types. All that positive Rex Ryan mojo has reversed to a poisonous situation and one that repels talent. Whether Manning would have come here isn't the point. The point is that he wouldn't even think about it now, would be on his list of "no way" franchises.

That's how far we've fallen in two years.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

+1 No way he does anything that would affect his Bro..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    I don't know. Why don't tell us all by tapping into all that vast football knowledge you have?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Give us 10 reasons why Rex Ryan is a good head coach, especially for this team right now. Start with things like strategy, developing talent, cache of strong coaches, halftime adjustments, record against winning teams, offensive acumen, I'm sure there are hundreds. Give us 10.

SAR I
    God you're an idiot

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    Lauderdale:

before you answer this... know that I answered those points with very talking points, actual ACHIEVEMENTS and SAR passed it off as a history lesson that had no bearing on today.

Meanwhile, the rest of the sane world looks at prior achievements to determine whether or not a HC is deserving of more years.

But, that's SAR for you...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did Rex himself make the defense a strong unit? I doubt that he is solely responsible for that. Poor coaching can hinder a player's development but I don't think losing Rex would negatively impact the play of any of our top defensive players. That being said, I think Rex Ryan would do much better as a DC than an HC.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    4 times ignore= ignore
    5 now on this page alone. Sorry advised me to put her on my ignore list. It should have been easier to do (Should be able to right click and have the ignore option), but in the end it was the first and only sound advice Sorry ever gave that I've seen. Everyone with self respect should follow it. I had to go to his page, and see his long list of friends(Two), and their conversations. Then it was still a matter of clicking different menus until I found the ignore option. In the mean time I ended up learning way too much alleged, personal information( I still think he's probably an assistant manager at Blockbuster who drives a 92 Neon.) Sorry was an amusing distraction once, but 50k posts later he doesn't even debate subjects anymore. Just keeps regurgitating his bullet points. Blaming Rex for the offense, the roster, the coaches, scouts, injuries, the weather, the and the price of concessions. Giving him no credit for the wins, and all the blame for loses. Then he only answers the posters who have made mistakes, however slight, in their arguments. Then only proceeds to bash them on those mistakes, making no attempt to reconcile his statements with the facts presented. If he can't be banned for trolling, then everyone should take the time to ignore him.
    Last edited by NY's stepchild; 05-02-2013 at 03:02 PM.