Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chris Ivory video highlights

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    stay healthy

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He reminds me of Freeman

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watching his highlight plays.... I'm extremely excited about this pickup. That kid is a freak!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VegZv616Yxw

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    This guy was an UDFA in 2010. That's the same year we drafted:

1 29 Kyle Wilson
    2 61 Vladimir Ducasse
    4 112 Joe McKnight
    5 139 John Conner

Geesh, what were we thinking? I suppose it's the result of trading away our late round draft picks. Thank the gods that Idzik is here.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackleem View Post
    Let me add an addendum to that.

I think it would be foolish for the Jets to use Ivory as a three-down, workhorse back. He did what he did in NO because he was buried on the depth chart and always fresh.

Goodson is a third-down weapon. Powell is serviceable. McKnight has shown playmaking ability when used sparingly and in the right situation.

Use them all. My ideal breakdown is Ivory/Goodson/Powell/McKnight = 50/20/20/10.
    That has always been my way of thinking just like when the Fins had Csonka,Kiick and Morris.. If you change up your backs they stay fresher come playoff time plus it keeps the Defense off balance.. Of course if your just interested in compiling stats you wouldn't like it..

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    This guy was an UDFA in 2010. That's the same year we drafted:

1 29 Kyle Wilson
    2 61 Vladimir Ducasse
    4 112 Joe McKnight
    5 139 John Conner

Geesh, what were we thinking? I suppose it's the result of trading away our late round draft picks. Thank the gods that Idzik is here.
    Here's the reason injuries and some bad luck..

Ivory played three years for Washington State. Limited by injuries, in 22 games he had 91 rushes for 534 yards and 4 touchdowns, as well as 23 kickoff returns averaging 22.8 yards. When the coaches who had recruited him were replaced by a new coaching staff, Ivory found himself far down on the Cougars' depth chart. In August 2009, Ivory was dismissed from the Washington State team for violating team rules.

Ivory then transferred to Tiffin, a Division II school in Tiffin, Ohio, whose team was coached by Dave Walkosky, a former Washington State assistant coach. In Ivory's final year of college football, he had 39 rushes for 223 yards in five games before suffering a season-ending knee injury. Walkosky attempted to obtain a medical redshirt exemption to allow Ivory to play another year, but this was unsuccessful. Despite his brief stint at Tiffin, Ivory's performance and speed attracted attention from NFL scouts, and he was thought to have a chance of becoming the first Tiffin player to be drafted by the NFL The Saints became interested in Ivory, despite his injuries, after one of their scouts was impressed by Walkosky's enthusiastic recommendations

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Ivory sucks.

We overpaid.

Jets are a circus.

Fire Idzik. (am I doing it right, SAR?)
    Nope. You forgot the obligatory derision of Rex and the mandatory pathetically lame excuse for Sanchez.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    wait... RB's are allowed to run away from defenders?

that doesn't seem right.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    wait... RB's are allowed to run away from defenders?

that doesn't seem right.
    +1

His burst at the 2nd level is quite impressive. How long has it been since we had that?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    +1

His burst at the 2nd level is quite impressive. How long has it been since we had that?
    Have we EVER had that?

I think of Leon, but he's really not nearly as beastly as this dude.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Have we EVER had that?

I think of Leon, but he's really not nearly as beastly as this dude.
    I was thinking Leon as well but this kid gallops like a race horse through the second level. I honestly can't recall Leon ever making that kind of run. He was more of a change of direction, agility back with good acceleration but he didn't have THAT kind of gear.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    0:43 - Play designed to go between the tackles, up the middle. Seattle blows it up. Ivory pivots outside to the left, quickly switches the ball to his left hand and uses his right hand to stiff arm a defender, gaining about 5 or 6 yards and a first down.

A quick, relatively simple play until you realize how many things he did right in a short amount of time.

I've heard he has some fumble-itis and may not be the best passcatcher out of the backfield. Hopefully he can improve on those, but what I see is a guy who does have some good fundamentals and looks like he can be a clear #1.
    That run at the 2:10 mark has me excited

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow nice clip!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    He reminds me of Freeman
    As opposed to those in Jail..

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thing that impresses me most is his ability to read a play develop. You watch him shift to the offensive line and then run hard through a hole.

SO GLAD we don't have to watch Greene run straight forward anymore. We finally have someone who will fight for every single yard.

Stay healthy Chris, you WILL be my late round fantasy pick-up if you drop.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    You forgot Colon who I've got penciled in as a starter. All in all the OL has had a pretty good upgrading. We also have T-Bo who can supposedly pick up the blitz, catch, and play some TE as well. I can't wait to see what Mornhinweg does with this team.
    Good catch!
    Forgot all about Colon. Wow, if Colon is healthy, he'll be RG & Winters will be LG, Mangold gets back to being himself, line could be pretty nasty.
    And with that many guys fighting to play, the competition to start will be fierce.
    Last edited by jetster; 05-02-2013 at 03:19 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^ I'm pretty sure Colon will be LG and Winters RG. Colon played LG last year (also has experience at RT for insurance), and I'm pretty sure I read a blurb over the weekend that we are penciling Winters in at RG.

Either way, Ivory will capitalize on good blocking, something Greene could never do.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Here's the reason injuries and some bad luck..

Ivory played three years for Washington State. Limited by injuries, in 22 games he had 91 rushes for 534 yards and 4 touchdowns, as well as 23 kickoff returns averaging 22.8 yards. When the coaches who had recruited him were replaced by a new coaching staff, Ivory found himself far down on the Cougars' depth chart. In August 2009, Ivory was dismissed from the Washington State team for violating team rules.

Ivory then transferred to Tiffin, a Division II school in Tiffin, Ohio, whose team was coached by Dave Walkosky, a former Washington State assistant coach. In Ivory's final year of college football, he had 39 rushes for 223 yards in five games before suffering a season-ending knee injury. Walkosky attempted to obtain a medical redshirt exemption to allow Ivory to play another year, but this was unsuccessful. Despite his brief stint at Tiffin, Ivory's performance and speed attracted attention from NFL scouts, and he was thought to have a chance of becoming the first Tiffin player to be drafted by the NFL The Saints became interested in Ivory, despite his injuries, after one of their scouts was impressed by Walkosky's enthusiastic recommendations
    I think he can be a stud if healthy, but looking at his college and pro (so far) resume, looks like that might be a big IF.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    ^ I'm pretty sure Colon will be LG and Winters RG. Colon played LG last year (also has experience at RT for insurance), and I'm pretty sure I read a blurb over the weekend that we are penciling Winters in at RG.

Either way, Ivory will capitalize on good blocking, something Greene could never do.
    Colon Ivory Winters sounds like a f'd up stripper name.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Pretty much all crap teams, but i like his reads just what the WCO needs, hopefully his foot will be ok.
    of course someone has to be that guy with the negative comments.

some of his best runs in that video came against the seahawks, cardinals, falcons and bengals, all of which had pretty solid defenses.

i love this pick up. he's lightyears better then Greene if he stays healthy it's possible he could be the best RB we've have in years.