Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Ivory video highlights

Chris Ivory video highlights

Our running game is going to be so much better this year. Screw all the haters(media).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7Bg_...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by aglenn31; 05-02-2013 at 12:38 AM.

Banned
    Reminds me of a younger Marshawn Lynch. I like what I see

That was pretty impressive... I don't want to go getting my hopes up too much, but, DAMN!

We may actually be pretty good.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    the man is a baller plain and simple.....that for a 4th rounder....sheet that was a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    the man is a baller plain and simple.....that for a 4th rounder....sheet that was a steal.
    I can see why Saints fans are upset!

He is Shonn Greene with a second gear. What strikes me most is his balance. His knee doesn't touch the ground until it absolutely has to.

Injuries are the issue. Other than that, rotating out with Goodson and Powell/McKnight, the running game is going to be above average. Perhaps VERY above average.

Let me add an addendum to that.

I think it would be foolish for the Jets to use Ivory as a three-down, workhorse back. He did what he did in NO because he was buried on the depth chart and always fresh.

Goodson is a third-down weapon. Powell is serviceable. McKnight has shown playmaking ability when used sparingly and in the right situation.

Use them all. My ideal breakdown is Ivory/Goodson/Powell/McKnight = 50/20/20/10.

Jets Insider VIP
    Ivory sucks.

We overpaid.

Jets are a circus.

Fire Idzik.

(Am I doing it right, SAR?)

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackleem View Post
    He is Shonn Greene with a second gear.
    I like this comparison!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by aglenn31 View Post
    Our running game is going to be so much better this year. Screw all the haters(media).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7Bg_...ature=youtu.be
    0:43 - Play designed to go between the tackles, up the middle. Seattle blows it up. Ivory pivots outside to the left, quickly switches the ball to his left hand and uses his right hand to stiff arm a defender, gaining about 5 or 6 yards and a first down.

A quick, relatively simple play until you realize how many things he did right in a short amount of time.

I've heard he has some fumble-itis and may not be the best passcatcher out of the backfield. Hopefully he can improve on those, but what I see is a guy who does have some good fundamentals and looks like he can be a clear #1.

I think it would be foolish for the Jets to use Ivory as a three-down, workhorse back. He did what he did in NO because he was buried on the depth chart and always fresh.

Goodson is a third-down weapon. Powell is serviceable. McKnight has shown playmaking ability when used sparingly and in the right situation.

Use them all. My ideal breakdown is Ivory/Goodson/Powell/McKnight = 50/20/20/10.
    I agree.

The run at 2.12 of the video was spellbinding. Overall he runs tough but shows excellent awareness and body control. Where you been all these years?!?

MM has to use his rb's judiciously and sparingly to keep 'em all fresh for the post season run. I like the ratio you've suggested. Looks like Jets' WCO/smash mouth will be claiming its victims this season, and play action just got its power surge back.

Jets Oline was not as bad as people made it out to be.
    Morono changed the blocking scheme & Greene was the worst back after contact in the league.
    With the competition for the 2 guard positions between Ducasse, Winters, Oday, Campbell, Peterman, & whoever else they bring in, we will start 2 competent guards out of that bunch.
    My feeling is Winters will start at RG, & they will put the winner out of that bunch at LG, like they did with Slausen when he came in.
    Dbrick & Mangold have the experience to cover for a newbie.
    It's gonna be nice to see guys running in the open field again!
    All of the backs will have more opportunities in open space in MMs offense.
    I especially love the sprint draws with Ivory or Goodsen, you catch a D trying to get upfield too quickly & your off to the races.

Hall Of Fame
    A co-worker of mine (Saints fan) told me that if we can keep him healthy we are going to love him. He is a violent runner with good vision and deceptive breakaway speed. "Poor man's Peterson" is the way he described him. Based on the little I have watched him, I think the Marshawn Lynch comparisons are pretty accurate.

Explain to me how Mike Goodson is a third down weapon. He could be but there just one small fact your overlooking. M Goodson isn't very good in pass protection. He can't improve that than he has no chance to get on the field.(especially on third down).

Two things M Goodson has to improve on ball security and pass protection. He couldn't with his two previous teams) but somehow if he does improve in those two areas , than he can be a lot more third down weapon.

Banned
    Good looking player but don't forget that teams respect the passing game of the Saints and don't load up the box as much. Interesting to see how he will do when teams doesn't respect the Jets passing game so much.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Jets Oline was not as bad as people made it out to be.
    Morono changed the blocking scheme & Greene was the worst back after contact in the league.
    With the competition for the 2 guard positions between Ducasse, Winters, Oday, Campbell, Peterman, & whoever else they bring in, we will start 2 competent guards out of that bunch.My feeling is Winters will start at RG, & they will put the winner out of that bunch at LG, like they did with Slausen when he came in.
    Dbrick & Mangold have the experience to cover for a newbie.
    It's gonna be nice to see guys running in the open field again!
    All of the backs will have more opportunities in open space in MMs offense.
    I especially love the sprint draws with Ivory or Goodsen, you catch a D trying to get upfield too quickly & your off to the races.
    You forgot Colon who I've got penciled in as a starter. All in all the OL has had a pretty good upgrading. We also have T-Bo who can supposedly pick up the blitz, catch, and play some TE as well. I can't wait to see what Mornhinweg does with this team.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Explain to me how Mike Goodson is a third down weapon. He could be but there just one small fact your overlooking. M Goodson isn't very good in pass protection. He can't improve that than he has no chance to get on the field.(especially on third down).

Two things M Goodson has to improve on ball security and pass protection. He couldn't with his two previous teams) but somehow if he does improve in those two areas , than he can be a lot more third down weapon.
    We don't have a back that's good in pass protection. A lot of that has to do with the QB setting up the protection so the RB has an idea of where to be, but there is more than one way to beat the blitz. He's going to have to run quick developing routes and burn the blitz. MM is not as dumb as Sporano. No sense keeping in max protect if your TE/RB can't block. I don't think the Eagle's backs could block either.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    You forgot Colon who I've got penciled in as a starter. All in all the OL has had a pretty good upgrading. We also have T-Bo who can supposedly pick up the blitz, catch, and play some TE as well. I can't wait to see what Mornhinweg does with this team.
    I don't know if T-Bo can play TE. H-back maybe, but he'll be no better than Rueland was last year at blocking on the line. I'm hoping Konrad has been working on those techniques. He has the build, strength, and the attitude for it, but he just had no experience running complicated blocking schemes. He's already a smart, instinctive receiver, with great hands, so he'll be a great Blocking TE if he learns how.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

He is Shonn Greene with a second gear. What strikes me most is his balance. His knee doesn't touch the ground until it absolutely has to.

Injuries are the issue. Other than that, rotating out with Goodson and Powell/McKnight, the running game is going to be above average. Perhaps VERY above average.
    I dunno - he seems a lot shiftier than Greene, not just faster. As everyone is saying, durability will be the issue. But, if he gets 10-15 carries a game, hopefully he can stay healthy.

Loved that video though. He brings something to this team that we havent' had in a while. Considering the last time we traded a 4th round pick for a RB we got Kevan Barlow, I'm much happier here.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Pretty much all crap teams, but i like his reads just what the WCO needs, hopefully his foot will be ok.