Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Oday Aboushi ~ ~ ~

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some of you are way off base here.

This guy shouldn't be stereotyped by his ancestry but those equating his statements to priests and fundamentalist Christians are way off base too.

This guy is being called out for statements "he" made. These are statements that he believes. They're not the statements of the writer.

Guess what? You shouldn't stereotype fundamentalists in any religion for their beliefs nor all priests but when a priest diddles some little kid, it's his own actions and you are entitled to make statements. If the Westboro Baptist Church members make a statement, they are reflective of that body.

If he made the statements, he can answer for them. Whitewashing the guy because he's a member of the Jets is a pretty sorry attitude.

If the statements don't reflect his views and he didn't write them, then fine. If he did, he deserves criticism or at least to be called out.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

I was going to stay out of this thread. I held out as long as I could without getting involved but the recent influx of anti-Israeli sentiment, and a few outright anti-semites, calls for a response. What people fail to understand is that Israel is essential for the survival of the Jewish people. ESSENTIAL.

Jewish people throughout history have been persecuted, exiled, and/or slaughtered in almost every corner of the world where they dared to try and exist. History has constantly showed that whenever nations are beset with economic struggles, pestilence, and/or other hardships...they look for a scapegoat. The finger always points in the same direction with the same old anti-semitic propaganda. The Jews control the media, caused the depression, poisoned the drinking water and caused the Black Plague, etc.

This has happened over and over throughout human history and is recycling again today. Look what is happening in Eastern Europe. Again. The economies in Greece and Hungary are crumbling. Not surprisingly, they are rapidly turning to fascist political parties. The "Jobbik" party in Hungary earned 2% of the collective vote in 2006. In 2010, 17%.

Are all Israeli decisions and policies perfect and not subject to criticism? Of course not. However, many other countries commit infinitely worse violations and receive only a fraction of the international "outrage." The Palestinian people got screwed, no doubt about it. They paid the price for the mistakes of others. However, don't even try the "cry me a river for the Palestinians" with me. Many of them prefer to strap themselves with C4 and shrapnel and enter a bus rather than compromise. As for their so-called Arab brethren? The nations around them have chosen to let the Palestinians rot in Gaza and the West Bank for political reasons rather than absorb them as refugees. They could have been acclimated into other Arab countries 60 years ago. If the Jewish people need a tiny little place in the world the size of New Jersey to escape the next inevitable persecution from wherever, so be it.
    Last edited by RoadFan; 05-21-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone here remember the good old days where threads about Jets players consisted of discussions regarding their PLAYING ABILITIES(or Potential Playing Abilities)?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was solid value and I can see him being the starting RG in 2014. He looked out matched at tackle during the senior bowl practices but moving him inside will minimize those weaknesses and will let him play to his strengths.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Some of you are way off base here.

This guy shouldn't be stereotyped by his ancestry but those equating his statements to priests and fundamentalist Christians are way off base too.

This guy is being called out for statements "he" made. These are statements that he believes. They're not the statements of the writer.

Guess what? You shouldn't stereotype fundamentalists in any religion for their beliefs nor all priests but when a priest diddles some little kid, it's his own actions and you are entitled to make statements. If the Westboro Baptist Church members make a statement, they are reflective of that body.

If he made the statements, he can answer for them. Whitewashing the guy because he's a member of the Jets is a pretty sorry attitude.

If the statements don't reflect his views and he didn't write them, then fine. If he did, he deserves criticism or at least to be called out.
    What statements? Baldnuts condemned him for being a Palestinian (they all hate America, etc. etc.). That's what I was responding to. The naked bigotry and assumption of guilt by birth. Sound familiar? If Oday was Jew and this thread went the same way, I'd protest for the same reasons.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Get off your high horse man.

You blatantly started this.

No one had mentioned Zionism before you meandered in here. Most were defending Oday. You took that as means to take one article and essentially dump on Israel. Get real.
    I mentioned Zionism because it exists.

The author of the piece displayed some extremely disturbing anti-Muslim sentiments.

In no way am I labelling all Jews as Zionists or anything of the sort, in fact by defending a Muslims right to speak his mind about his heritage I am advocating the exact same for everyone else - including our Israeli brothers and sisters.

It is a common tactic of the Jewish extremist to try and guilt their way out of an argument by constantly referring to the holocaust.

Again, as i made clear, I am not referring to Jews in general (or people of any denomination) when I talk about extremists.

Its a pretty simple statement of my position - I fundamentally am in support of people from all denominations but abhor extremism in any of them.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    What statements? Baldnuts condemned him for being a Palestinian (they all hate America, etc. etc.). That's what I was responding to. The naked bigotry and assumption of guilt by birth. Sound familiar? If Oday was Jew and this thread went the same way, I'd protest for the same reasons.

I could have misread it

If so, my apologies. I thought I read a bit of "he's our guy so if he has radical views, I forgive him" vibe. I could have misread the authors intent though. None of us should be accountable to stereotypes but we are all accountable for our statements and actions.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Caught_Jetster View Post
    I mentioned Zionism because it exists.

The author of the piece displayed some extremely disturbing anti-Muslim sentiments.

In no way am I labelling all Jews as Zionists or anything of the sort, in fact by defending a Muslims right to speak his mind about his heritage I am advocating the exact same for everyone else - including our Israeli brothers and sisters.

It is a common tactic of the Jewish extremist to try and guilt their way out of an argument by constantly referring to the holocaust.

Again, as i made clear, I am not referring to Jews in general (or people of any denomination) when I talk about extremists.

Its a pretty simple statement of my position - I fundamentally am in support of people from all denominations but abhor extremism in any of them.
    Where did the author even mention the holocaust???

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    For fear of retribution I would imagine. Most muslims live in essentially third world countries. Their societies have not evolved the way ours has. In many countries they treat women like farm animals, so you are obviously not going to find any women speaking out if they want to live.

Probably the same with men. I'm sure they do not condone the actions of extremists, but if they run their mouths about extremists they might we walking on eggshells wondering if their home is going to get blown up.
    Sad thing is MJ after 9/11 CBS in NY interviewed kids that attended a Madrassa(Muslim school) and every kid that would talk on camera said the people that flew the planes into the building were hero's.. And these were kids born in this country.. I do agree that many are afraid to speak out for fear of their lives.. But the kids way of thinking concerns me..

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Where did the author even mention the holocaust???
    You sound confused.

I didn't claim that he mentioned the holocaust - I said that it was a typical tactic of pro-Zion racism of which this story reeks.

Inadvertently you are kind of confirming what I say, you have seized on this one word and are attempting to shout me down - not that I am accusing you of being a Zionist of course, just that you are as susceptible to their propaganda as other many others.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Sad thing is MJ after 9/11 CBS in NY interviewed kids that attended a Madrassa(Muslim school) and every kid that would talk on camera said the people that flew the planes into the building were hero's.. And these were kids born in this country.. I do agree that many are afraid to speak out for fear of their lives.. But the kids way of thinking concerns me..
    Wow.

You got a link to that?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You sound confused.

I didn't claim that he mentioned the holocaust - I said that it was a typical tactic of pro-Zion racism of which this story reeks.

Inadvertently you are kind of confirming what I say, you have seized on this one word and are attempting to shout me down - not that I am accusing you of being a Zionist of course, just that you are as susceptible to their propaganda as other many others.
    lol

You are spinning like a top man. When you immediately claim "Jews use the holocaust for A, B, C, whatever", totally unprovoked, you come off as someone who is heavily biased.

It's like on paragraph 3 of the jew hating manual.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow.

You got a link to that?
    I doubt if a CBS link like that still exists in today's politically correct environment.. However the thought is not only here but in England as well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ng-racism.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1274651

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe I used the term 'right-minded Jew' not 'like-minded'.

Whether that correction makes any difference to your knee-jerk reactionary posting remains to be seen.
    None at all everything I said regarding you and your posts stands. FYI it wasn't knee jerk I thought about it and toned it down substantially. Let me assure you I was calm, not pissed at all and I have no doubt at all that you are an agenda driven POS.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    None at all everything I said regarding you and your posts stands. FYI it wasn't knee jerk I thought about it and toned it down substantially. Let me assure you I was calm, not pissed at all and I have no doubt at all that you are an agenda driven POS.
    No need to lower yourself to personal attacks against a fellow forum member is there?

Attack the idea, not the poster.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    No need to lower yourself to personal attacks against a fellow forum member is there?

Attack the idea, not the poster.
    There are certain ideas expressed in a way that aren't meant to be debated. This was one of them.

Normally I don't like to personally attack my fellow posters although in the heat of the moment, it has happened and thankfully rarely. In this case my attack was not in the heat of the moment, I consciously made an exception because what the poster was expressing simply could not stand as a legitimate idea worthy of debate. The poster is clearly deranged.

I feel equally incensed about the author of the articles attack ODay's character. It was slander and should have been taken down by the Mods immediately who I'm sure will take me down.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 05-21-2013 at 08:29 PM.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are certain ideas expressed in a way that aren't meant to be debated. This was one of them.

Normally I don't like to personally attack my fellow posters although in the heat of the moment, it has happened and thankfully rarely. In this case my attack was not in the heat of the moment, I consciously made an exception because what the poster was expressing simply could not stand as a legitimate idea worthy of debate. The poster is clearly deranged.
    So you made an exception to break the rules.

How magnanimous of you!

I see we are at an impasse, you've decided, due to your inability to comprehend fairly simplistic ideas, to throw a slew if invective in my direction.

I wish you no ill-will however, ignorance is a state of mind and hopefully not permanent for you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    So you made an exception to break the rules.

How magnanimous of you!

I see we are at an impasse, you've decided, due to your inability to comprehend fairly simplistic ideas, to throw a slew if invective in my direction.

I wish you no ill-will however, ignorance is a state of mind and hopefully not permanent for you.
    I threw no invective your way. I responded to your post.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Well, if that's the case I agree with you. It is very concerning. But if its young kids it may just be because they do not know any better. I'm sure they've been educated better since.

I just refuse to believe that all of these people could harbor sick ideas like extremists do just because of what religion they practice.

I do believe too much religion can be a bad thing though. Everything in moderation is OK including religion.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I threw no invective your way. I responded to your post.
    Why do you even respond to idiots/bigots/anti-semites like this clown?
    Let this jerk dry up and wither away...
    You're a good poster here.
    Get back to Jets stuff...