Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Oday Aboushi ~ ~ ~

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Oday is already being called a terrorist/extremist. Sigh.

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/joe-kau...gainst-israel/
    That is the most biased, ill-informed, pig-ignorant, and hate-filled article I have ever had the misfortune to read.

The author is stating that Aboushi is a "extremist" or a "terrorist" based purely in his religion and the fact that he describes himself as a "Palestinian-American".

That's as reliable as saying that all Christians are child abusers (based on some scandals in various churches) or that everyone who describes themselves as "Irish American" or "Italian American" is a member of the IRA or the Mafia.

Horrible hate-filled article, and not even well written propaganda. Very sad indeed what Oday is already facing from a few knuckle-dragging morons.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    This thread really is sad as it is pointing out the ignorance of some in this country. This really is stereotyping at its worst and dare I say downright bigotry.

I would like to caution anyone coming into thread to think, do your research before you have an "open mouth, insert foot" moment.

Maybe it is because I am white that I believed the country was getting over it's history of prejudice, but some of the comments here makes me believe there is a much larger problem with pejudice than I had imagined.
    Just for fairness and completeness Jets Rooster specifically stated Palestinian Muslims are raised to hate Israel - you jumped on stating a generalized Muslim percentage. Regardless this attack on Oday is irresponsible and as already pointed out prejudiced. The other stuff we can argue all day.

Good to see a kid from a successful immigrant family living the American dream.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    That is the most biased, ill-informed, pig-ignorant, and hate-filled article I have ever had the misfortune to read.

The author is stating that Aboushi is a "extremist" or a "terrorist" based purely in his religion and the fact that he describes himself as a "Palestinian-American".

That's as reliable as saying that all Christians are child abusers (based on some scandals in various churches) or that everyone who describes themselves as "Irish American" or "Italian American" is a member of the IRA or the Mafia.

Horrible hate-filled article, and not even well written propaganda. Very sad indeed what Oday is already facing from a few knuckle-dragging morons.
    That would be priests not Christians.. I always wondered why the left loves to say the Republicans have a war against women but never say boo about the treatment of women in Muslim countries.. While I think any attack on Aboushi is shameful when is the last time you have seen a rally by Muslims denouncing their radical brothers??

Hall Of Fame
    I think it's kind of unfair to say that this doesn't deserve to be talked about on a sports site.

Why that may be true, it is only a natural reaction after a handful of articles about Oday have played up to his Palestinian background. Obviously it is then going to be talked about.

Like I said in the other thread, good for him, but it really shouldn't matter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Oday is already being called a terrorist/extremist. Sigh.

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/joe-kau...gainst-israel/
    "Joe Kaufman is an expert in the fields of counter-terrorism, foreign affairs and energy independence for America."

He's also an expert on bigotry and has a PHD in Stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    That would be priests not Christians.. I always wondered why the left loves to say the Republicans have a war against women but never say boo about the treatment of women in Muslim countries.. While I think any attack on Aboushi is shameful when is the last time you have seen a rally by Muslims denouncing their radical brothers??
    For fear of retribution I would imagine. Most muslims live in essentially third world countries. Their societies have not evolved the way ours has. In many countries they treat women like farm animals, so you are obviously not going to find any women speaking out if they want to live.

Probably the same with men. I'm sure they do not condone the actions of extremists, but if they run their mouths about extremists they might we walking on eggshells wondering if their home is going to get blown up.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post

Amen.

My sentiments exactly.

I find it odious that pro-Zion racists are allowed to hide behind the spectre of the holocaust, constantly invoking the memory of Hitler in order to cowe people who otherwise criticise their ridiculous views.

Any right minded Jew reading this article would like;y want to distance themselves from it as soon as possible.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Caught_Jetster View Post
    Amen.

My sentiments exactly.

I find it odious that pro-Zion racists are allowed to hide behind the spectre of the holocaust, constantly invoking the memory of Hitler in order to cowe people who otherwise criticise their ridiculous views.

Any right minded Jew reading this article would like;y want to distance themselves from it as soon as possible.
    Way to take the high road there champ!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Way to take the high road there champ!
    I'm not sure what that even means?

I feel strongly on the subject, and I hope that was conveyed in my response.

I find it worrying when people so rigorously defend their right to apathy.

Hall Of Fame
    I'm not sure what that even means?

I feel strongly on the subject, and I hope that was conveyed in my response.

I find it worrying when people so rigorously defend their right to apathy.
    Just kind of strange how this set you off to start mentioning the evils of zionism, hiding behind the holocaust etc.

Where did anyone even mention any of those things before you brought them up?

Wouldn't be surprised if your next response mentions the "apartheid state"

You guys are so predictable.
    Last edited by Ruby2; 05-21-2013 at 11:49 AM.

Amen.

My sentiments exactly.

What exactly is a right minded Jew?

Don't take this the wrong way but you come off like a real hate mongering POS.

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    What exactly is a right minded Jew?

Don't take this the wrong way but you come off like a real hate mongering POS.
    LOL really?

A 'right minded Jew' would be very similar to a 'right-minded' Christian, or more relevent to myself a 'right-minded Agnostic'.

Its interesting that people tend to let their guard down a little more when they are posting a response to someone who is less then a forum regular - plenty of guys have said similar to me in this thread - yet I am being labelled a hate mongering POS?

I shall forgive you your ignorance though, i'm willing to believe you just misinterpreted my comments as anti-Jewish which they were most certainly not)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Just kind of strange how this set you off to start mentioning the evils of zionism, hiding behind the holocaust etc.

Where did anyone even mention any of those things before you brought them up?

Wouldn't be surprised if your next response mentions the "apartheid state"

You guys are so predictable.
    To me, this article reeks of Jewish extremism - the Zionist movement in particular.

Extremists of any ilk to a great disservice to their religion.

Hall Of Fame
    To me, this article reeks of Jewish extremism - the Zionist movement in particular.

Extremists of any ilk to a great disservice to their religion.
    That may be true, regardless, your holocaust comments were incendiary and uncalled for.

LOL really?

A 'right minded Jew' would be very similar to a 'right-minded' Christian, or more relevent to myself a 'right-minded Agnostic'.

Its interesting that people tend to let their guard down a little more when they are posting a response to someone who is less then a forum regular - plenty of guys have said similar to me in this thread - yet I am being labelled a hate mongering POS?

I shall forgive you your ignorance though, i'm willing to believe you just misinterpreted my comments as anti-Jewish which they were most certainly not)
    Anyone who uses terms that refer to like minded Jew or hiding behind the holocaust clearly has an agenda. Your rhetoric is hardly original and amazingly similar to the anti-sematic rants of millions who came before you and likely will be around long after your gone.

You're no better than the author of this article.

As far as your forgiveness GFY.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 05-21-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Anyone who uses terms that refer to like minded Jew or hiding behind the holocaust clearly has an agenda. Your rhetoric is hardly original and amazingly similar to the anti-sematic rants of millions who came before you and likely will be around long after your gone.

Thank you Winston for summarizing my exact feelings.

Tough crowd.

Though the invective and vitriol coming my way does serve to thoroughly prove my point about the rabid attacks dogs that look to silence any type of criticism of Israel and the Zionist movement.

I believe I used the term 'right-minded Jew' not 'like-minded'.

Whether that correction makes any difference to your knee-jerk reactionary posting remains to be seen.

Hall Of Fame
    Tough crowd.

Though the invective and vitriol coming my way does serve to thoroughly prove my point about the rabid attacks dogs that look to silence any type of criticism of Israel and the Zionist movement.
    Get off your high horse man.

You blatantly started this.

No one had mentioned Zionism before you meandered in here. Most were defending Oday. You took that as means to take one article and essentially dump on Israel. Get real.
    Last edited by Ruby2; 05-21-2013 at 04:00 PM.