Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets & Info 05/02

Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    A lot of people here need to chill. Sanchez had a bad year, he didn't spit on anyones grandmother. The last time I looked he wears a jets emblem on his helmet so ill root for him and everyone else who does also.
    It's the buttfumble. People honestly believe that the buttfumble brought shame to the Jets. For gods sakes, it brought more shame to Sanchez than it did the Jets. The Jets are an entity that will go on.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

A lot of people here need to chill. Sanchez had a bad year, he didn't spit on anyones grandmother. The last time I looked he wears a jets emblem on his helmet so ill root for him and everyone else who does also.
    So you were a Tebow fan??

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Sshhhhhhh. I though that word was not to mentioned around here anymore??

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Absolutely not a fan but I would route for him to succeed because he was a jet. I bet you all of the people that hated tebow hoped he did well once he was in the game and was running the ball. Even if they immediately hated him before and after the carry that still rooted for him in that moment.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    this is true, but most here on JI either ignore it or continue believing the myth that Mangold has played at a probowl level the same way he did earlier in his career.

I realize that it is sacrilege to be even slightly critical of Mangold's play in this forum, but he has indeed fallen off... much the same way Brick has. Frankly, Brick has sucked the last 2 seasons. Both are not living up to expectations set early in their careers. I pin this on REX being completely uninvolved in the offense.
    What the hell are you talking about?

I agree that Mangold's play has fallen off a bit...but Brick?

The guy didn't give up a single sack last year and had arguably his best year as a pro.

Next to Joe Thomas, he's probably the best passblocking LT in football.

I'll never understand why so many have dogged Brick over the years.

All League
    I'm a Sanchez fan. I'm rooting for him now, just as I did when he first got here. But I'm hoping that ALL three QB's have great Training Camps. Ultimately, that's the best thing for the Jets.

As long as somebody plays QB well for the Jets, I'm good.

Jets Insider VIP
    Absolutely not a fan but I would route for him to succeed because he was a jet. I bet you all of the people that hated tebow hoped he did well once he was in the game and was running the ball. Even if they immediately hated him before and after the carry that still rooted for him in that moment.
    route for him in Omaha

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

The guy didn't give up a single sack last year and had arguably his best year as a pro.

First, Brick never was and is still not even an adequate run blocker. He has been a solid pass protector for the most part, but he has whiffed, particularly 2 years ago. You can say that he officially did not allow sacks last year, but if you watch his play, he allowed the pressure to pour in plenty of times. He has always been vastly overrated. He's a good LT but not an elite one. Never has been elite. Sorry.. JMO.

when the qb looks bad, the o-line looks bad too. when the rbs are slow and can't get thru holes, the o-line looks bad. when the offense can't score, the o-line looks bad.

sometimes the o-line is the cause of problems and other times it looks worse b/c of other problems. and still other times the unit's play is dictated by optimism/pessimism, fair or not. and in the jets' case the o-line's perception is worse b/c of the overall ineffectiveness of the skill positions.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    route for him in Omaha
    No thanks, he's not a jet. I don't want him here either. Never did, but I never wanted the team to fail just because he was here. Not even for a play.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I used to root my Butt off for Cumar in a game.. Not that it did me any good especially in the playoffs.. I have never nor would I ever root against any Jet player period..

Jets Insider VIP
    No thanks, he's not a jet. I don't want him here either. Never did, but I never wanted the team to fail just because he was here. Not even for a play.
    agreed

the difference is that many of us knew that the surest route to total cataclysmic failure, 0-16 style would have been allowing Teblow to start or significantly play the QB position for the Jets

rooting for Teblow was in essence rooting for the Jets to fail at Kotite era levels

fortunately it didn't happen and even more fortunately he and his minions have left Florham Park for parts unknown

GO JETS

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    First, Brick never was and is still not even an adequate run blocker. He has been a solid pass protector for the most part, but he has whiffed, particularly 2 years ago. You can say that he officially did not allow sacks last year, but if you watch his play, he allowed the pressure to pour in plenty of times. He has always been vastly overrated. He's a good LT but not an elite one. Never has been elite. Sorry.. JMO.
    Are you serious?

These LT's are drafted so highly because of their abilities as pass protectors. Their ability to protect the blind side of big money QB's. Anything more than that is just icing on the cake.

Brick is one of the better LT's in the league in this regard.

I don't think that's true. I think he gave some up towards the end of the year. Besides, as pointed out, that's not the only stat that counts. Pressures, hurries, hits, etc. are all important. He's getting beat more than he has in the past, even if his getting beat didn't result in sacks last year.

He's a pretty good LT these days, but he's definitely not as good as he once was. He was truly a stud from 2008-2010.

Mangold, on the other hand, has been totally mediocre since he got paid.
    Last edited by detectivekimble; 05-02-2013 at 01:43 PM.

Are you serious?

These LT's are drafted so highly because of their abilities as pass protectors. Their ability to protect the blind side of big money QB's. Anything more than that is just icing on the cake.

Brick is one of the better LT's in the league in this regard.
    He is inconsistent. I understand that in this forum one does not dare point out how overrated Brick is, and to a lesser extent mangold. Sorry. That's the way I see it.

Hall Of Fame
    Looks like Jeff Garcia really rubbed off on Mark.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Arctor View Post
    And the media-driven drama begins.

TLDR: The only likely "react" will be "Glad to have him aboard, looking forward to the competition". Anything beyond that either shows the media tryig to create a story, or Mark Sanchez failing Media 101 and handing them a story, thus partially proving why he's not the guy for us longterm.
    F*** Sanchez; I hope he poops his pants in front of all the reporters.

I hope he tears it up this summer and we get something good for him.

No more MushMouth.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Looks like Jeff Garcia really rubbed off on Mark.
    I think Mark rubbed one off looking at Garcia's wife..