Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets & Info 05/02

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Something young girls wear to hold their hair back when they're playing basketball or soccer.

And no I'm not kidding.
    +1 Most of the girls that play fastpitch wear them. My daughter does. (don't even think of asking for pics you bottom feeders)

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    Before: "Hi Mark, just wanted to let you know, in case you're not watching the draft - we're on the clock now and by some fortunate twist of fate, geno smith is still there and we're gonna take him. Felt like I should give you a man's head's up."

After: "...Please leave a message after tone...Beeeeeep...Hi Mark, don't know where you went, just spoke with you - anyway - we took Geno Smith like we discussed..."
    LOL

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    How ridiculous does he look in that headband??? LOL..
    He's pulling a page out of Tom Brady's handbook. The problem is he looks just as goofy as Brady but still can't throw a football like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    OMFG! Maybe it's his Cinco de Mayo outfit.
    More like his Fumble de Butto outfit.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 05-02-2013 at 04:06 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyWill View Post
    If Russell Westbrook gets away with what he wears every night then Sanchez should get away with a green headband. Not that it looks good, but come on.

Remember people, it could be A LOT worse:

Had to add this one:

@ConorTOrr: via @Mike_Vorkunov, Stephen Hill is healthy, looking to improve in 2013 | http://t.co/tyVnZTk9W3

Stephen Hill did not go home to Georgia this offseason, choosing to stay in New Jersey to rehab his knee. By February he was able to start working out again.

Now, as he enters his second NFL season, the 2012 second round pick says that he feels "100 percent" healthy.

"Just looking forward to learning a lot this year, a lot more," Hill said. "Last year was a great learning experience but I'm looking forward to this year."

The Jets did not bring in anyone this offseason to augment the receiving corps, but did lose tight end Dustin Keller. Nor did they draft a receiver or tight end.

Nonetheless, Hill is not feeling the burden of being a valuable part of the offense this season.

"No," he said. "No pressure at all. I'm just ready to go."

He spent this offseason concentrating on recuperating from knee surgery, which ended his rookie season early. He is not focusing on the rookie season, which started well but was marred by drops.

Entering his second season, Hill feels much more ready.

"It's a lot different because coming in last year you really didn't know anything," Hill said. "Because coming in last year you really didn't know anything, you're just coming in blind. Just learning a lot from how the year went last year. It really gives you a step on other guys that are coming in."

He will be a part of a new offense, with Marty Mornhinweg coming in as the new offensive coordinator and installing a more pass-friendly. And it seems to suit him well.

"Oh I love it," Hill said. "It's different from coach (Tony) Sparano's. Coach Mornhinweg is definitely trying to put the ball in the air, let us receivers go and get it. He definitely has preached us make sure we run routes correctly and preached to make sure we catch the ball right."

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @ConorTOrr: via @Mike_Vorkunov, Stephen Hill is healthy, looking to improve in 2013 | http://t.co/tyVnZTk9W3

Stephen Hill did not go home to Georgia this offseason, choosing to stay in New Jersey to rehab his knee. By February he was able to start working out again.

Now, as he enters his second NFL season, the 2012 second round pick says that he feels "100 percent" healthy.

"Just looking forward to learning a lot this year, a lot more," Hill said. "Last year was a great learning experience but I'm looking forward to this year."

The Jets did not bring in anyone this offseason to augment the receiving corps, but did lose tight end Dustin Keller. Nor did they draft a receiver or tight end.

Nonetheless, Hill is not feeling the burden of being a valuable part of the offense this season.

"No," he said. "No pressure at all. I'm just ready to go."

He spent this offseason concentrating on recuperating from knee surgery, which ended his rookie season early. He is not focusing on the rookie season, which started well but was marred by drops.

Entering his second season, Hill feels much more ready.

"It's a lot different because coming in last year you really didn't know anything," Hill said. "Because coming in last year you really didn't know anything, you're just coming in blind. Just learning a lot from how the year went last year. It really gives you a step on other guys that are coming in."

He will be a part of a new offense, with Marty Mornhinweg coming in as the new offensive coordinator and installing a more pass-friendly. And it seems to suit him well.

"Oh I love it," Hill said. "It's different from coach (Tony) Sparano's. Coach Mornhinweg is definitely trying to put the ball in the air, let us receivers go and get it. He definitely has preached us make sure we run routes correctly and preached to make sure we catch the ball right."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-deAYMziEA

Dyer: I Hate To Break It To You, But The Jets Are No Longer A Circus

Similar sentiment to a thread I started.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Similar sentiment to a thread I started.
    Crap didn't realize just started a thread about this too. Oh well.

Bob Glauber ‏@BobGlauber
    Jets C Nick Mangold says he sees something different in Mark Sanchez this year. Senses a more mature attitude.
    Last edited by escamoter2; 05-02-2013 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    He's pulling a page out of Tom Brady's handbook. The problem is he looks just as goofy as Brady but still can't throw a football like him.

probably not what the coaching staff had in mind when they asked Mark to emulate Brady.

@NFL_Stats: Undrafted Free Agents in Hall of Fame: 15

#1 Overall Picks in Hall of Fame: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    this is true, but most here on JI either ignore it or continue believing the myth that Mangold has played at a probowl level the same way he did earlier in his career.

I realize that it is sacrilege to be even slightly critical of Mangold's play in this forum, but he has indeed fallen off... much the same way Brick has. Frankly, Brick has sucked the last 2 seasons. Both are not living up to expectations set early in their careers. I pin this on REX being completely uninvolved in the offense.
    Brick didn't give up a sack until the last game of the year last year... Just sayin.

Surprised no one is talking about Demario Davis and his hardcore-Chtistisn-anti-gay tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

Heard the same BS last year.

About how Sanchez had this new "aura" about him, how this was "his team", etc.

Now all the masters knows
    that you need the glow,
    You need the glow, the glow to grow.

Cos when you got the glow,
    when you got the glow,
    (When you got the glow)
    Everybody know and I'm friend and foe

-Berry Gordy's The Last Dragon

....Yeah whatever Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    so THAT's what Mangold said seemed "different" about Sanchez
    Not a good look Mark. Got to get your ass into gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Surprised no one is talking about Demario Davis and his hardcore-Chtistisn-anti-gay tweets.
    DeMario's a good dude.

Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Not a good look Mark. Got to get your ass into gear.

FYI: it's been reported that Sanchez is growing his hair out to donate to Locks of Love.

All League
    @NFL_Stats: Undrafted Free Agents in Hall of Fame: 15

#1 Overall Picks in Hall of Fame: 12
    that's crazy. i was curious about the %.

there's only been about 75 #1 overall picks ever (draft started 1936). so that's about a 15% chance the pick becomes a HOF.

where as, there are hundreds of undrafted free agents who have played in the NFL. maybe thousands, i have no idea. lets say 1000. that's 1.5% to pick a HOF.

so the difference between the #1 overall pick and an undrafted free agent is about 14%. the draft really is a crap shoot huh?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    For the 1st time in his career there actually will be competition at the QB spot with two legit contenders. I am and have been one of Sanchezs biggest critics from day one but I think he is going to win the job in camp and play much better this year. The Jets will still dump him but they may get something for him if he plays reasonably well.
    Thank you for this post!!!!!