Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Positions: Worse this year compared to Last

Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    At what positions do you think the Jets are worse at this upcoming year compared to last year?

TE (although Dustin Keller barely played last year)
    S
    TE
    S
    CB

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    If you are talking game #1 last year.....cb(Revis), TE,NT(Pouha),RG(Moore), S(Landry&Bell). If talking end of year......TE,NT,RG&S.
    Moore has not been able to run block for 2 years. he was done last year and a big part oh the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    FS

That's really it, IMO.

Guys like Revis, Keller, and Pouha didn't really play last year.
    +1 I was really shocked on how little Keller did last year even when healthy. I'll say G too but I dont think we lost all that much there. Slauson was not very good and Moore's play have declined last year. Wasnt the run blocker he used to be.

Hall Of Fame
    TE - Lost Keller. Not that he was great....
    S - Lost Landry and Bell. Allen and Bush are unproven.
    CB - Anytime you lose a player that is league-best it is a downgrade.

I know everyone thinks we improved at OLB and OL b.c we got younger but almost all the replacements are unproven.

All Pro
    QB -- Better or the same. Either it's awful Sanchez or someone better beats him out.

RB -- Better. Ivory and Goodson > Greene and Powell.

WR -- Question mark. If Hill develops we could be better, if Holmes stays injured and Hill doesn't progress we could be worse

TE -- Worse. Cumberland isn't a real starter in the this league, IMO, even if Keller didn't play much last year. I wonder if Idzik would take a look at Kellen Winslow.

OL -- Better or the same. Some might disagree, but I suspect we'll actually be improved on the line. I see Winters being an upgrade on Slauson or Moore.

DL -- Better. The addition of Richardson and continued development of Coples and Wilkerson should make this a stud unit. If Ellis decides to show up that would be huge too.

LB -- Same probably, but maybe better. Depends on the health and effectiveness of Davis and Barnes because I don't see Harris or Pace getting any faster.

CB -- Worse. Still elite unit but obviously without Revis it won't be as good as it has been.

S -- Worse. We're going to miss LaRon Landry. I don't even know who's going to start opposite Dawan.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Arctor View Post
    vs. 2012

Safety: Landry Brother swap is a downgrade. we don;t know who the starter is at the other Safety spot yet.

Tight End: Keller gone, Baker hurt and gone, only Cumberland and some unknown remain.

IMO, thats it. Cornerback will be better than 2012 (as Revis did not play in 2012), and Linebacker may look worse, but I'll bet it's better with younger, hungrier players in place of aged veteran "name" players.

Everywhere else should be better or at worst, equal, talent wise.
    I agree that it's a downgrade over a healthy Keller, but Keller started 5 games for the Jets last year.

Most likely the replacement for Slauson will be a downgrade.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    I agree that it's a downgrade over a healthy Keller, but Keller started 5 games for the Jets last year.

Most likely the replacement for Slauson will be a downgrade.

Vlad played 1/3 of the series last year, and you didn't even notice. I know this because we were just as effective with either guy in there.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    TE - Lost Keller. Not that he was great....
    S - Lost Landry and Bell. Allen and Bush are unproven.
    CB - Anytime you lose a player that is league-best it is a downgrade.

I know everyone thinks we improved at OLB and OL b.c we got younger but almost all the replacements are unproven.

I'll take younger, faster and unproven over old, slow and proven to be bad, any day of the week.... and twice on Sunday.

imo the jets have improved everywhere but at cb and te and that's assuming that revis would have come back from his injury and milliner won't be able to play the position right out of the box. as for te, the jets haven't had one since mickey shuler. keller was average at best. the big improvement came on both lines. the dline has improved with richardson and the additional seasoning of guys like ellis and coples and the oline improved with the drafted guy and the replacement of moore. not that moore wasn't a good player but he was also getting injured and not playing as well as he used to.