Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL insider calls Geno Smith the black Ryan Leaf

NFL insider calls Geno Smith the black Ryan Leaf

Stephen A. Smith on ESPN First Take today:

"I have somebody incredibly connected to the NFL, works in the NFL, works with numerous players. You know what he texted me with this morning, and called Geno Smith? He called him the black Ryan Leaf. He says if he doesnít get his act together, thatís what heís going to end up being, because his mouth is going to get him in trouble because he doesnít have the game to match itÖ.I think Geno Smith needs to hear that so he can guard against it and get his mind right so he can perform. So thatís what people in the NFL are saying about you, Geno. Take notice and make sure you donít give them ammunition to think like that."

At the 32:00 mark in this podcast: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9235272

Stephen Ahole Smith sould stick to bball.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    NFL insider calls Geno Smith the black Ryan Leaf

Because Geno Smith was the #2 pick in the draft.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    If only Geno were 6' 5''.

Before this year is over, Ryan Leaf will be the white Geno Smith.

I can't ever remember so much noise about a freakin 2nd round pick. Who was the third pick of the team that drafted him.

Geno Smith is going to be out of the League in a Couple of Years and Popping Pills and doing Home Invasions ... Ok ...

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL

Where was all of this sh*t before he became a Jet?

Seriously

This is getting beyond ridiculous.

If it makes you all feel better, Skip Bayless has endorsed this pick.

Hall Of Fame
    As long as he isn't the black Mark Sanchez.

WOW, not too premature.

Timmy Chang is the Asian Colt Brennan.

The problem with the reports now is that it's just people piling on now. They're going to be relentless until this guy proves otherwise...it's a shame.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    As long as he isn't the black Mark Sanchez.

Totally inappropriate.

Problem is, that's what said about Smith behind closed doors. There are similar comments for Barkley, Teo, Mathieu, etc. where are those ill-advised comments.

True or not, there is a severe double standard when it comes to the Jets. Many people turned on this kid the minute he was drafted.

I hope he wins OROY, and tells everyone to go F themselves.

it's becoming increasingly clear that some people will bash whoever the jets take. soon milliner and richardson will be bashed as well.

Right, cause the Jets don't have NFL connections that say otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Totally inappropriate.

Problem is, that's what said about Smith behind closed doors. There are similar comments for Barkley, Teo, Mathieu, etc. where are those ill-advised comments.

True or not, there is a severe double standard when it comes to the Jets. Many people turned on this kid the minute he was drafted.

I hope he wins OROY, and tells everyone to go F themselves.
    There's no way Geno isn't pissed about all of this. He's coming in with a fire lit under his ass. That can only help us,

This is beyond pathetic. The kid hasn't even put on his cleats yet. That why I don't listen to these dumb shows on espn. Nothing but horse****.