Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: NFL insider calls Geno Smith the black Ryan Leaf

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Before this year is over, Ryan Leaf will be the white Geno Smith.

I can't ever remember so much noise about a freakin 2nd round pick. Who was the third pick of the team that drafted him.
    If the Pats would have drafted him, it would have been the steal of the century. F()ck the media. Does it really matter, after the Jets go 4-12. Things will really begin to change.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    amazing the amount of negative press that has been surrounding geno the second he was drafted by the jets

media can **** off

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobertron View Post
    Stephen A. Smith on ESPN First Take today:

"I have somebody incredibly connected to the NFL, works in the NFL, works with numerous players. You know what he texted me with this morning, and called Geno Smith? He called him the black Ryan Leaf. He says if he doesnít get his act together, thatís what heís going to end up being, because his mouth is going to get him in trouble because he doesnít have the game to match itÖ.I think Geno Smith needs to hear that so he can guard against it and get his mind right so he can perform. So thatís what people in the NFL are saying about you, Geno. Take notice and make sure you donít give them ammunition to think like that."

At the 32:00 mark in this podcast: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9235272

Ryan Leaf didn't talk his way out of the NFL he played his way out of the NFL.

Let me know when an NFL executive refers to RG3 as the Black Rodger Staubach.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    If the Pats would have drafted him, it would have been the steal of the century. F()ck the media. Does it really matter, after the Jets go 4-12. Things will really begin to change.
    Have you been hearing the media hype up Ryan Mallet? What a coincidence at the same time the Patriots are trying to use him as trade bait. If the guy was any good Belichick would hold onto him and work out the contractual issues Brady is probably gone in 3 years and its not like he hasn't been seriously injured before.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    amazing the amount of negative press that has been surrounding geno the second he was drafted by the jets

media can **** off
    That sounds like a convenient excuse. I'm pretty sure some of the things Geno did along with his slide down to the 2nd round have the most to do with the reason he's getting all the negative press. Coming to NY, one of the largest media markets, didn't help either.