Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Sanchez vows to be starter

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    Did he say for which team?
    LOL Haaaaaaaaaa

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez has given us no indication over the past season or two that he's our answer at QB and deserving to be the starter. With that said, if you're a Jets fan you want to see Sanchez succeed. For all the frustration and disappointment he causes fans there would be nothing better than to see him click into MM's offense, finally pull it all together, and play effectively. I think there's a chance it could happen, a very small chance, but a chance nonetheless.

Let's get all these guys (Geno, Sanchez, Garrard) into Camp and have them start slinging the ball around. Sanchez has the physical tools and experience to succeed, the question is whether he has the mental makeup, maturity and ability to finally minimize the mindboggling mistakes he makes as he heads into year 5. This is it. One last shot to claim the job, and I think it's good that he's getting it.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 05-02-2013 at 08:21 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guys, defenses know how to beat Mark now. Sell out to the pass rush, get defenders in his face early and often and he will turn it over or continue his 3 and out football career. I am sorry this is the case but Mark's short underneath quick decision game is just not up to NFL standards. See bad titans team kicking our butts for example.
    Last edited by fltflo; 05-02-2013 at 08:51 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd love to see Geno come into camp and kick Sanchez butt.
    Last edited by RMJK; 05-02-2013 at 11:04 PM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Sanchez has given us no indication over the past season or two that he's our answer at QB and deserving to be the starter. With that said, if you're a Jets fan you want to see Sanchez succeed. For all the frustration and disappointment he causes fans there would be nothing better than to see him click into MM's offense, finally pull it all together, and play effectively. I think there's a chance it could happen, a very small chance, but a chance nonetheless.

Let's get all these guys (Geno, Sanchez, Garrard) into Camp and have them start slinging the ball around. Sanchez has the physical tools and experience to succeed, the question is whether he has the mental makeup, maturity and ability to finally minimize the mindboggling mistakes he makes as he heads into year 5. This is it. One last shot to claim the job, and I think it's good that he's getting it.
    +1

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    he can vow until his darling little green headband falls right off his fat head

when it comes to QB talent, he current is in fourth place, just ahead of Chris Simms and seriously trailing David Garrard, the eventual starter, Greg McElroy the backup and Geno Smith the eager young draftee.

It's going to be tough to give up those 26 annual interceptions and lost fumbles in 2013 but, thankfully, the Jets have the resources to do so this season

June 2

bye bye, headband

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I'd love to see Geno come into camp and Sanchez's butt.
    Last edited by Down, Set, Haiku; 05-02-2013 at 11:00 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where does he say "Vow" which means he will definitely be the starter.

He said "There's a little fire going, and that's good," said Sanchez, sporting slicked-back hair and a thin headband. "I'm cool with that. I think it's good for everybody."

Wait till the competitions starts. If Geno and Mark are equal then Mark loses based on passed seasons.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHA
    my sentiments exactly

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    he can vow until his darling little green headband falls right off his fat head

when it comes to QB talent, he current is in fourth place, just ahead of Chris Simms and seriously trailing David Garrard, the eventual starter, Greg McElroy the backup and Geno Smith the eager young draftee.

It's going to be tough to give up those 26 annual interceptions and lost fumbles in 2013 but, thankfully, the Jets have the resources to do so this season

This is great.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is he going to Omaha to be a member of the Beef too?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post

Sadly, Mark will get his chance to shine but won't have a prayer of gaining ground.

Playmakers Mark had earlier in his career:

Edwards,
    Holmes,
    Cotchery,
    Burress,
    Keller,
    Smith,
    Tomlinson,
    Richardson,
    Jones,
    Greene (young),
    Washington.

Replacement players last year:

Schillens,
    Hill,
    Kerley,
    McKnight,
    Connor,
    Gates,
    Hilliard,
    Reuland,
    Gilyard,
    Greene (old).

With the loss of Keller and Greene and before knowing whether Ivory or any other newb will contribute, one has to say we are weaker on offense than last year, at best the same as last year, both of which is hard to comprehend.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

So............

...he FINALLY asked the JETS hand in Marriage???

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Sadly, Mark will get his chance to shine but won't have a prayer of gaining ground.

Playmakers Mark had earlier in his career:

Edwards,
    Holmes,
    Cotchery,
    Burress,
    Keller,
    Smith,
    Tomlinson,
    Richardson,
    Jones,
    Greene (young),
    Washington.

Replacement players last year:

Schillens,
    Hill,
    Kerley,
    McKnight,
    Connor,
    Gates,
    Hilliard,
    Reuland,
    Gilyard,
    Greene (old).

With the loss of Keller and Greene and before knowing whether Ivory or any other newb will contribute, one has to say we are weaker on offense than last year, at best the same as last year, both of which is hard to comprehend.

SAR I
    You picked two players who stunk up the place last year. You have a point that we didn't give Sanchez much to work with but he couldn't throw a screen or a short catchable pass to save his life. He was too busy counting his money.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    You picked two players who stunk up the place last year. You have a point that we didn't give Sanchez much to work with but he couldn't throw a screen or a short catchable pass to save his life. He was too busy counting his money.
    The loss of Tomlinson made Mark Sanchez the only quarterback in the NFL without a dump-off running back.

Mark was not counting money; he was counting stars whirring around his head from all the body blows and head shots he took. That was an amateur offense.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The loss of Tomlinson made Mark Sanchez the only quarterback in the NFL without a dump-off running back.

Mark was not counting money; he was counting stars whirring around his head from all the body blows and head shots he took. That was an amateur offense.

SAR I
    I agree with you on the hits; however, he panicked and couldn't step up and throw a 2 yard pass.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Geno and Mark are equal then Mark loses based on passed seasons.
    If Geno = Mark, then we're screwed and need to draft yet another QB

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Why??? Because he is Rex's guy or because of his ludicrous salary cause he won't win it on skill. Even McElroy is better if he can get a lineman to block a rusher.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geno is just starting out. He needs to adjust to the NFL, he needs to adjust to being out of college etc. Equal means he's years ahead.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geno is a rookie, I hope people realize he will have growing pains, and give him a chance to develop, unlike you did with Sanchez.

And that's the thing, Sanchez haters crack me up.

Sanchez could come out, light it up in camp, earn the job, and start out the season on fire, but there will STILL be people here who will hate on him and root against him.

Root for the uniform, root for somebody to step up and emerge from the competition, we have two QB's, both taken at the top of the draft because they had/have talent, root for one of them to take the job, earn the job, and lead the team.

Stop playing arm chair GM with your shameless agendas.