Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 119

Thread: Mark Sanchez vows to be starter

  1. #61
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,857
    after June 1 maybe he can vow to try and unseat Tebow and become the backup quarterback of the Omaha Beef in the Nebraska Indoor Football League


    So long, Mark... take your headband and your 26 annual interceptions and lost fumbles with you when you leave

  2. #62
    Sure, he VOWED..... But did he PINKIE SWEAR???

    THAT is what I need to know!

  3. #63
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,377
    Wow, just read this...

    I think that's the first time I've seen Mark display anything remotely close to genuine emotion (besides pouting on the sidesideline). Getting fckin' angry... I like it.


    He'd have to do a drew brees squared on us to survive in the nfl... but you never know.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Geno is a rookie, I hope people realize he will have growing pains, and give him a chance to develop, unlike you did with Sanchez.

    And that's the thing, Sanchez haters crack me up.

    Sanchez could come out, light it up in camp, earn the job, and start out the season on fire, but there will STILL be people here who will hate on him and root against him.

    Root for the uniform, root for somebody to step up and emerge from the competition, we have two QB's, both taken at the top of the draft because they had/have talent, root for one of them to take the job, earn the job, and lead the team.

    Stop playing arm chair GM with your shameless agendas.
    Unless your a sanchez apologist You have to realize the big problem with mark. No one doubts the effort he puts in, learning the new O, all the " jet west" offseason workouts he organized. I loved that about him, made me think " maybe this kid can turn it around" but any sane person must now see mark is great at practice, saying the right things, ect. He could easily look like the best qb in camp, where there is little pressure and the qb doesn't get hit. But when it's real game he forgets everything he has learned/practiced, the basics. And the other problem with Sanchez, he is scared to get hit. Just look at his play before and after the big smack he took in the Pitt game last yr. and look what happened to him after the Baltimore game in 11. He never really took many shots in yr 1 and 2 so he was in a comfort zone. What's the point is saying he looks like best qb in camp and will just sh!t the bed in live games.. Sure you could say he looked 100x better in camp then tebow last yr, but live games tebow couldn't have been much worse..

  5. #65
    I haven't yet had a chance to read all replies in this thread so my apologies if my response is slightly out of context. But this year if nothing else I think we have a truly interesting choice at QB. Not saying there are necessarily great or even good options, but do we roll the dice with the new guy? With the recent talk of his introversion or whatever personality and attitude quirks? With Garrard and his experience, if he can stay healthy? Or mr Sanchez if he can come back from his meltdown last year? Or someone else (Mac if he can stay vertical? Simms, if he can stay clean?...though what the f do we know of him?)

    Will be fun to watch this play out. Hopefully someone steps up!

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Unless your a sanchez apologist You have to realize the big problem with mark. No one doubts the effort he puts in, learning the new O, all the " jet west" offseason workouts he organized. I loved that about him, made me think " maybe this kid can turn it around" but any sane person must now see mark is great at practice, saying the right things, ect. He could easily look like the best qb in camp, where there is little pressure and the qb doesn't get hit. But when it's real game he forgets everything he has learned/practiced, the basics. And the other problem with Sanchez, he is scared to get hit. Just look at his play before and after the big smack he took in the Pitt game last yr. and look what happened to him after the Baltimore game in 11. He never really took many shots in yr 1 and 2 so he was in a comfort zone. What's the point is saying he looks like best qb in camp and will just sh!t the bed in live games.. Sure you could say he looked 100x better in camp then tebow last yr, but live games tebow couldn't have been much worse..
    Sanchez was emasculated by pass rushers. No QB succeeds if he is constantly worried about getting planted into the ground. You've got to feel comfortable in the pocket. No QB succeeds (not even Brady) when he worried about getting hit. Why do you think everyone wants a fearesome pass rusher--- they spook the QB's. When your O-line has holes like swiss cheese and your RB's pick up Blitzes at a rate below the current federal interest rate, every jag on D looks like LT.

    And I am not a Sanchez apologist. IMO, he is likely done (although I am rooting for his success along with every other player on my team). But any realist knows that no QB succeeds on the Jets last season.

  7. #67
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,994
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Sanchez was emasculated by pass rushers. No QB succeeds if he is constantly worried about getting planted into the ground. You've got to feel comfortable in the pocket. No QB succeeds (not even Brady) when he worried about getting hit. Why do you think everyone wants a fearesome pass rusher--- they spook the QB's. When your O-line has holes like swiss cheese and your RB's pick up Blitzes at a rate below the current federal interest rate, every jag on D looks like LT.

    And I am not a Sanchez apologist. IMO, he is likely done (although I am rooting for his success along with every other player on my team). But any realist knows that no QB succeeds on the Jets last season.
    +1 You can tell when a animal has been abused if he flinches when you try to pet him.. Mark is in that same chihuahua state of mind..

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    +1 You can tell when a animal has been abused if he flinches when you try to pet him.. Mark is in that same chihuahua state of mind..

  9. #69
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Sanchez was emasculated by pass rushers. No QB succeeds if he is constantly worried about getting planted into the ground. You've got to feel comfortable in the pocket. No QB succeeds (not even Brady) when he worried about getting hit. Why do you think everyone wants a fearesome pass rusher--- they spook the QB's. When your O-line has holes like swiss cheese and your RB's pick up Blitzes at a rate below the current federal interest rate, every jag on D looks like LT.

    And I am not a Sanchez apologist. IMO, he is likely done (although I am rooting for his success along with every other player on my team). But any realist knows that no QB succeeds on the Jets last season.
    Problem is that Sanchez was middle to bottom half of the list of QB taking hits and sacks. Even last year he was no where near the top of that list.

  10. #70
    Sanchez is going to surprise this year. (And I've been anti Sanchez since he was drafted.)

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Sanchez was emasculated by pass rushers. No QB succeeds if he is constantly worried about getting planted into the ground. You've got to feel comfortable in the pocket. No QB succeeds (not even Brady) when he worried about getting hit. Why do you think everyone wants a fearesome pass rusher--- they spook the QB's. When your O-line has holes like swiss cheese and your RB's pick up Blitzes at a rate below the current federal interest rate, every jag on D looks like LT.

    And I am not a Sanchez apologist. IMO, he is likely done (although I am rooting for his success along with every other player on my team). But any realist knows that no QB succeeds on the Jets last season.
    lol some funny analogies but surely more fiction than fact. MANY qbs qet hit, Eli takes hits as he throws and often completes. Big ben gets hacked a lot, Cutler must have taken more hits than any qb past 2 years.. Not going to list them all..Very few don't get hit often.. Yes Jets line went from near perfect to average in protection. Hunter was a qb killer, and thankfully got rid of him last yr. Point is MANY qbs get hit, Mark barely tasted grass in yr 1 and 2, now that he takes shots like MOST qbs he cant take it.. Mark was a decent qb when the Oline was near best in NFL, along with Running game, and a TOP rated D. He can only be a qb on a dominating team that can carry him, he cant be a qb on a team who will need to lean on him because he will collapse ever time. I think he would be a good #2 for a team like 49ers, they could carry him.

  12. #72
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Well done..

  13. #73
    If Sanchez wins the QB competition, it will be only for a lack of better options. I don't believe anyone on the CS at this point trusts Sanchez to go out and become a franchise QB.

  14. #74
    The tone of this thread is more delusional than the content.
    "Chip on the shoulder" almost makes him sound Tom Brady like.

    The off season makes people think crazy things.
    Here's two things that are true we wish weren't:

    Mark Sanchez is the worst quarterback in the entire league, even when he's mad about Tebow and/or Geno Smith.

    Geno Smith is also not that good.

    Sorry, I know it's not popular around here to not fall in line with the Rex Ryan circus regime and tow the party line, but the above two statements are facts whether the we like them or not

  15. #75
    Mark said the same things before last season after we got Tebow. The kid can't play, who cares what he says. He knows he's gone from the Jets and is hoping comments like these will get him another shot on another team.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Problem is that Sanchez was middle to bottom half of the list of QB taking hits and sacks. Even last year he was no where near the top of that list.
    Jets 2012 O line

    6th in Sacks allowed
    14th in QB hits

    25th in pass attempts

    It would seem to me that dropping back to pass for the Jets in 2012 was an exercise in futility.

  17. #77
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Problem is that Sanchez was middle to bottom half of the list of QB taking hits and sacks. Even last year he was no where near the top of that list.
    The problem is the type and scope not the amount of hits you take!!!

    Come on man!!!

  18. #78
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Sanchez is going to surprise this year. (And I've been anti Sanchez since he was drafted.)
    Ummmm I have been paying atention and I agree....


    But that doesnt mean he will be Tom Brady II!!!

    Sanchez stunk last year... who has said otherwise

    But some folks out here act Sanchez was sitting in section B seat 13 and the Jets have yelled come on down and play QB.


    IMO Sanchez may not be able to fully resurrect his career here but he will play well enough for us to draft a true "franchise QB" 2014 via trade if the Jets under MM watchful eye see that Smith isn't the answer either...

  19. #79
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,857
    T6 sucked in 2011 (26 turnovers)

    and


    T6 sucked in 2012 (26 turnovers)


    if the Jets decide to commit franchise suicide and allow T6 out on the field in 2013.. the trend is quite clear as to what we will get


    June FOUR, out the DOOR

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Jets 2012 O line

    6th in Sacks allowed
    14th in QB hits

    25th in pass attempts

    It would seem to me that dropping back to pass for the Jets in 2012 was an exercise in futility.
    25th in pass attempts yet somehow the kid still managed to have the most turnovers in the NFL?? that's quite a feat..

    and Im sure those hits and sacks allowed had nothing to do with Mark waiting too long for the 1 reciever at a time he keyed on to get open
    Last edited by Cleansweep2013; 05-03-2013 at 03:49 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us