Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 119

Thread: Mark Sanchez vows to be starter

  1. #81
    When does somebody point out that he's never had a good season?

  2. #82
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,593
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    When does somebody point out that he's never had a good season?
    Ok I will play..

    Please tell me a QB who had a better first season than Sanchez in NFL History who also had only one year of college football experience?

    Answer = No One!!!

  3. #83
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    The tone of this thread is more delusional than the content.
    "Chip on the shoulder" almost makes him sound Tom Brady like.

    The off season makes people think crazy things.
    Here's two things that are true we wish weren't:

    Mark Sanchez is the worst quarterback in the entire league, even when he's mad about Tebow and/or Geno Smith.

    Geno Smith is also not that good.

    Sorry, I know it's not popular around here to not fall in line with the Rex Ryan circus regime and tow the party line, but the above two statements are facts whether the we like them or not
    Are you reading the same board I'm reading...?

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    When does somebody point out that he's never had a good season?
    your sig was a sad reality for 4 years.. Bad starter yet for 4 years the GM did not provide the Jets with 1 real NFL backup to even have chance be seat him. It was a MT sabotage, He must have known had he gave rex a decent backup he would have yanked Mark out years ago, MT put his career on #6, foolishly doubled down with contract ext that ironically was written to so mark virtually couldn't be cut or benched. Who gets that type of contract after 3 bad years?? Im sure it was a competitive contract, like Mark would have turned down a team friendly deal because he would have had so many teams in line to sign him

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Ok I will play..

    Please tell me a QB who had a better first season than Sanchez in NFL History who also had only one year of college football experience?

    Answer = No One!!!
    lol this Is funny.. And How about name me a better Mexican American qb to come out of USC??

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    He's is the biggest chump ever. Blamed tebow for putting unwanted pressure on him he's so weak.
    Please provide a link with the quote where he says that. I would love to see that.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    lol this Is funny.. And How about name me a better Mexican American qb to come out of USC??
    That's just stupid, because college experience does have a bearing on NFL performance. Ethnicity however, does not.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    That's just stupid, because college experience does have a bearing on NFL performance. Ethnicity however, does not.
    It was meant to be stupid sweetie.. The point is Brown was trying to praise mark for accomplishing some great feat.. He shouldn't get praise for being a backup for 2/3 or 3/4 (redshirt?) of his college career..

  9. #89
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    45,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Ok I will play..

    Please tell me a QB who had a better first season than Sanchez in NFL History who also had only one year of college football experience?

    Answer = No One!!!
    Kurt Warner.. Didn't get a chance to play till his senior year.. Come to think of it how much did Brady play in college??

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Please provide a link with the quote where he says that. I would love to see that.
    lol where you been.. you have Mark whining about tebow being a distraction and saying tebow's presence was "not the best situation for either of us"

    Then you have his buddy coach saying the same thing..

    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...tim-tebow-hype

    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ease-tim-tebow

  11. #91
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    7,000
    Words are cheap.

    Frankly, I can't see how Mark Sanchez is going to wake up one day and magically improve his ability to throw the ball accurately, read defenses, and protect the football.

    If he can do it, good for him, and good for the team. I'm not counting on it though.

  12. #92

    I (as always) hope the best for the Jets and not just the individual

    I don't think Mark is Manning, Elway, Brady etc... Nor do I think Manning is Brady etc...

    I just don't think with last year’s team, especially on the offensive side, anyone, at the same stage Mark was I his career could have been successful.

    Mark has lots of improvement to do but I don't think we should have expected him to do it under those circumstances.

    I like what we have done so far, including bringing in Geno, our offensive line moves and the run game. I think this brings us back to some resemblance of an offense we had when Mark was successful, but to see him PROGRESS, I think we still need help upgrading our receiving corps.

    My hope is that Mark does improve and that Geno has time to learn the NFL game and when he's ready and if he's needed, we have the talent in house to support him.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Sorry, I know it's not popular around here to not fall in line with the Rex Ryan circus regime and tow the party line, but the above two statements are facts whether the we like them or not
    Really? I see a whole lot of folks slamming Rex left and right.... The pro-Ryan folks are certainly in the minority.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    lol where you been.. you have Mark whining about tebow being a distraction and saying tebow's presence was "not the best situation for either of us"

    Then you have his buddy coach saying the same thing..

    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...tim-tebow-hype

    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ease-tim-tebow
    Where "I been"? Any time you have a link that has a quote that says what you actually said he said - it put too much pressure on him - feel free to post it. HIm saying Tebow attracted excessive media attention is not what you said he said, and in fact, it's completely true.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    It was meant to be stupid sweetie.. The point is Brown was trying to praise mark for accomplishing some great feat.. He shouldn't get praise for being a backup for 2/3 or 3/4 (redshirt?) of his college career..
    Well good for you. You accomplished your goal of being stupid.

  16. #96
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,593
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    lol this Is funny.. And How about name me a better Mexican American qb to come out of USC??
    See when you realx you can come with excellent reasons on behalf of Sanchez as well...

    Nice....

  17. #97
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    4,310
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    Indeed, and you know what - there's nothing wrong with that.

    We should draft a QB every single season until we find our guy, and then we should keep drafting them because every time we find a good one, we extend the time we could potentially spend at the top of the league.

    QBs are the only currency in the NFL that matters.
    Bingo.

  18. #98
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    4,310
    And honestly, even if we are not the #1 pick by default next year, I would have no problems with the Jets trading up to it. 3, 4 first round picks whatever it takes.

    I WANT JOHNNY FOOTBALL.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    That's just stupid, because college experience does have a bearing on NFL performance. Ethnicity however, does not.
    I think he was kidding!

  20. #100
    By the way,

    Most of the arguments are moot:

    There's a guy on the roster with nearly 100 career starts, nearly double TDs to INTs and a career 61% completion percentage.

    His worst season CRAPS on Sanchez's best season.

    He will likely be starter since, you know, he's a viable NFL QB, even if he is older.

    Rumor was he had beaten out Tannehill in MIA last year but then got hurt.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us