Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Sanchez vows to be starter

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Geno is a rookie, I hope people realize he will have growing pains, and give him a chance to develop, unlike you did with Sanchez.

And that's the thing, Sanchez haters crack me up.

Sanchez could come out, light it up in camp, earn the job, and start out the season on fire, but there will STILL be people here who will hate on him and root against him.

Root for the uniform, root for somebody to step up and emerge from the competition, we have two QB's, both taken at the top of the draft because they had/have talent, root for one of them to take the job, earn the job, and lead the team.

Stop playing arm chair GM with your shameless agendas.
    LOL. Stop playing arm chair GM with your shameless agendas.

We are crazy fans and second guess the minusia of everything. This forum is seldom logical. You included who have had your days.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I agree with you on the hits; however, he panicked and couldn't step up and throw a 2 yard pass.
    There comes a point where even the best players or executives lose their nerve. I've seen it myself. I've seen confident managers and top performers fall victim to a bad boss or a bad set of circumstances and in the course of one year go from Rock Star to a feeble mess.

They didn't suddenly get stupid. They didn't instantly lose their abilities. They simply weren't given the support they needed and couldn't perform properly. And when that happens it's a double-whammy because the very nerve that got you to the top betrays you and pulls you all the way down.

We took a 22 year old kid who did everything anyone could have asked in his first two seasons and reduced him to a pile of smoldering rubble. You can't blame the child. You can blame the parent.

SAR I

All League
    Way to go Rah Rah... the Jet's are the bestest team ever as always. Yeah, you have no agenda.

Geno's definitely going to have growing pains and shouldn't even start in 2013 (unless it's in the last few games of a lost season) IMO.

But, with that being said... Sanchez didn't get a chance?? Hes had 4 years and regressed every single year. Still stares down receivers, still can't secure the football, still good for 26 turnovers a year and less TDs, still runs into the ass of 330 lb. lineman... give me break.

Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    Way to go Rah Rah... the Jet's are the bestest team ever as always. Yeah, you have no agenda.

Geno's definitely going to have growing pains and shouldn't even start in 2013 (unless it's in the last few games of a lost season).

But, with that being said... Sanchez didn't get a chance?? Hes had 4 years and regressed every single year. Still stares down receivers, still can't secure the football, still good for 26 turnovers a year and less TDs, still runs into the ass of 330 lb. lineman... give me break.
    Take the rah rah crap and shove it

What the hell is my agenda?

Rooting for the uniform, wanting to see my team get back to contention without its moronic fan base crying about everything the team does as if they know better?

Ok, guilty as charged!

That's right, the Sanchez haters gave him 2 yrs, and then crying began.

Not everything is on Sanchez, he's on his last life, I don't deny it, but I am sure as hell rooting for him, unlike yourself and a contingent of ignorant haters.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 05-03-2013 at 12:06 AM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    There comes a point where even the best players or executives lose their nerve. I've seen it myself. I've seen confident managers and top performers fall victim to a bad boss or a bad set of circumstances and in the course of one year go from Rock Star to a feeble mess.

They didn't suddenly get stupid. They didn't instantly lose their abilities. They simply weren't given the support they needed and couldn't perform properly. And when that happens it's a double-whammy because the very nerve that got you to the top betrays you and pulls you all the way down.

We took a 22 year old kid who did everything anyone could have asked in his first two seasons and reduced him to a pile of smoldering rubble. You can't blame the child. You can blame the parent.

SAR I
    I like SAR 1 better than SARRY !!!!!

Banned
    Lo hilarious

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Sanchez can't possibly start for 2 reasons. There'd be a fan revolt, and Rex knows his job is on the line. In fact we won't even have to worry. Idzy will find a way to purge him from the roster by Opening Day.

Jets Insider VIP
    June 2

Send T6 and his headband packing

Make it happen Idzy

Who knows, maybe the situation is gonna be similar to what happened to the Niners when they drafted Kaepernick.
    Alex Smith has been critiziced for a long time and then they drafted Kaepernick. All of a sudden Smith starts to play really well and has become that franchise Quarterback everyone hope for.
    Maybe drafting Geno Smith will do the same to Sanchez?!
    No one knows..

I will LMAO after Sanchez is cut before training camp and the reason given is because Geno, Garrard, and Mcelroy all played better than him in mini camp and OTA's

I don't get the ill "wishes" for Sanchez. Isn't it best for the Jets if he does well? Personally I hope Sanchez and Geno do great, giving the Jets a chip in the 2014 QB game.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    I don't get the ill "wishes" for Sanchez. Isn't it best for the Jets if he does well? Personally I hope Sanchez and Geno do great, giving the Jets a chip in the 2014 QB game.
    +1

These are the same guys that hit their heads with excitement on the ceiling when Sanchez beat Brady in Foxboro in the playoffs.

Best case scenario for the Jets is one where all the QBs do well, and have trade value.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Sanchez has given us no indication over the past season or two that he's our answer at QB and deserving to be the starter. With that said, if you're a Jets fan you want to see Sanchez succeed. For all the frustration and disappointment he causes fans there would be nothing better than to see him click into MM's offense, finally pull it all together, and play effectively. I think there's a chance it could happen, a very small chance, but a chance nonetheless.

Let's get all these guys (Geno, Sanchez, Garrard) into Camp and have them start slinging the ball around. Sanchez has the physical tools and experience to succeed, the question is whether he has the mental makeup, maturity and ability to finally minimize the mindboggling mistakes he makes as he heads into year 5. This is it. One last shot to claim the job, and I think it's good that he's getting it.
    Ummmmm this!!!

Thank You for Sanity!!

Quote Originally Posted by LB54 View Post
    Who knows, maybe the situation is gonna be similar to what happened to the Niners when they drafted Kaepernick.
    Alex Smith has been critiziced for a long time and then they drafted Kaepernick. All of a sudden Smith starts to play really well and has become that franchise Quarterback everyone hope for.
    Maybe drafting Geno Smith will do the same to Sanchez?!
    No one knows..
    When did that happen. Smith is still a scrub. Someone was just stupid enough to over pay for him. He will never be able to run a Reid O. It is the exact opposite of what he has been doing the last 3 years. He is flat out an ineffective QB. You can hope someone is stupid enough to buy him at this point. You sertainly dont want to burn anther 1-3 years trying to do that either. SF might have actually won a SB had they gotten rid of him sooner.

Jets Insider VIP
    Geno is a rookie, I hope people realize he will have growing pains, and give him a chance to develop, unlike you did with Sanchez.

And that's the thing, Sanchez haters crack me up.

Sanchez could come out, light it up in camp, earn the job, and start out the season on fire, but there will STILL be people here who will hate on him and root against him.

Root for the uniform, root for somebody to step up and emerge from the competition, we have two QB's, both taken at the top of the draft because they had/have talent, root for one of them to take the job, earn the job, and lead the team.

GREAT GREAT POST!!!!

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

All words, no skill.

Take a seat, Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    Did he say for which team?
    i think he mumbled USC or something.

I sill wouldnt be shocked if he was cut on final cut day to sign Kolb, Foles, or TJ. I just dont think the GM or staff has any plans for him to do anything this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I sill wouldnt be shocked if he was cut on final cut day to sign Kolb, Foles, or TJ. I just dont think the GM or staff has any plans for him to do anything this year.
    he's still there so idzik 1) can truly promote competition at the qb position, since it's really a 2 horse race barring injury, and 2) can possibly trade him in TC if something bad happens to another team's qb(s).

idzik already jettisoned tebow and is wholly aware that having both geno and sanchez there all year would only fuel the media's desire for a circus atmosphere. just let it all play out like he said. just don't expect immediate action, same as the revis situation. this guy does not make rash decisions.

Hey Mark, you mean to tell us that you are actually accurate, don't struggle on short passes, can make more than 1 read and can throw effortless deep outs?

So why did these things take you until the pre-season of your 5th year to finally illustrate that you can successfully do all this?

Oh wait:

http://cinemagr.am/uploads/52952401.gif

Excuse me for taking your statements with a grain of salt. You have literally 1 game (playoffs against pats in 2010) vs. essentially every other game generally lost by you or won in spite of you.......