Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Media: Jets drafting a QB is "confusing"

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    funniest thing is the ones not actually whining are the JETS......all this idiocy and they are going about things business as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Screw em all! The jets will shut up these bs artists by winning, not whining.

The Jets had zero viable QBs on the roster going into the draft. I don't care that we had bodies that for the moment are occupying roster spots and listed as QB. None of them can play, I don't care if it is 2 or 3 or 40 of them. After the draft, we may now have a viable QB on the roster. None of the other 4 guys will even be on the team after this season likely so who cares.

What's funny is the same idiots saying we added to the "circus" by drafting QB are the same clowns who mocked our QB play all last season.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    Philly has 5 QB's on their roster! So confusing! What a circus!
    I know!

What a joke they are! Their head coach MUST BE FIRED!!!! What a Clown!

I bet the reason why sameoldjets continuously calls Geno a punk is because he can't call him what he really wants to call him here without getting "in trouble".

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I bet the reason why sameoldjets continuously calls Geno a punk is because he can't call him what he really wants to call him here without getting banned.
    Hmmmmmmmmmm.......................

First off, best sig ever.

To all those getting hyped up by this rubbish:

Brandt liked the pick.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmmm.......................
    Well........excuse me while I put on my tin-foil hat now.

Jets Insider VIP
    I was actually having fun... Trust me I know exactly what you were ssaying....

Trust me...

Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    Media before the draft: Jets MUST find a QB to replace Sanchez and Tebow.

*Jets somehow luck out and get best QB in the draft in R2*
    *Jets cut Tebow*

Media now: Jets added another QB, it's a circus!!!!

Let me tell you guys something. This time of year is awful for sporting news. The New York Jets are a web traffic magnet, to the point where they are almost unrivaled. Trolling Jets fans is good for business if you are the media.

That is why, drafting a QB is a confusing, circus of circus-ness, despite it being exactly what everyone in the media said they needed to do.

Francessa does it.

PFT / Florio does it.

Rotoworld does it.

CBS Sportsline does it.

The Daily News does it.

Now the rest of the sports media world has finally figured out that merely mentioning the Jets garners a spike in ratings, clicks, views, etc.
    Yep. The coverage of the NYJ is laughably bad now and won't be much better come August.

My refuge from the trolling and fiction-sourced stories - www.turnonthejets.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Why is he a punk? You are no better then the media making allegations uncorraborated!
    Punk is a strong word. I think based on some of his experiences with NFL scouts during the combines (alleged), his body language in the green room during the 1st round - some might question if he has the right mentality to be a high profile QB in a major media market. And that's fair.
    But drafting Geno in the 2nd round, is a no brainer considering his potential and the dire need we have at the position.

Even if Sanchez is on the team this year, this will most likely be his last year with the Jets anyway. Knowing Idzik's style thus far, who's to say he wouldn't draft a QB early again next year to provide some competition for Geno going into 2014? The media acts like since we've drafted Geno, there's no possibility of us drafting a Qb in the next 3-5 years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

If conditions are just right can you still mind meld with Bray-Bray??

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    I am so so tired of all the Geno bashing going on, but more than that I am hearing a consistent criticism of the Jets being bandied about incessantly that the Jets drafting a QB is "confusing"

What ???!??

When did it become inappropriate or confusing for a team with an obvious need at the QB spot to draft a QB? It seems to be a completely foreign idea to the media. They seem to have no idea what the Jets are doing drafting a QB.

It's mind boggling. All I hear is things like "I just don't know what the Jets are doing. Bringing a QB in just makes the Jets QB situation more complicated. They are going to have 5 guys compete for the QB spot. The circus continues, this move is very confusing"

Only the Jets would be criticized in general for drafting a QB. And they are even making fun of the move if they think Geno is the #1 QB in the draft, which is more bewildering.

I mean, I can understand if you think Geno has a high bust potential, and maybe think it is a risky pick.

But to fault and ridicule a team that desperately needs change at QB for drafting one, especially the best consensus QB prospect is one of the more exasperating things I have ever heard as a Jets fan. It is a completely ludicrous and unbelievable double standard.
    Yeah, because McElroy and Simms are just SO going to win that contest.

Teams always go into camp with 4 guys, 3 roster spots available. We've got 5, one of whom hasn't played in 2 years due to injury. Wow, what a "situation".

Simms & McElroy are fighting for a POSSIBLE #3 spot IF Garrard can't hold up through camp (like, say, last year).