Thread: One of The Best Post Draft Articles I've Found

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

One of The Best Post Draft Articles I've Found

So I don't get how we are getting bashed for having a QB competition this year. In all honesty, the same thing is going on among other organizations. We drafted the consensus #1 QB in the draft in the 2nd round. I found someone who has written an article with some sense:

Dyer: I Hate To Break it To You, But The Jets are No Longer a Circus

I think everyone on this forum will agree with him and it's a nice change of pace from the stupid "buttfumble" "circus" "lame-duck" articles we read on a daily basis.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will admit, I had a friend of mine (Steelers fan) tell me to quit complaining the other day. "You got three 1st round picks this year" he said. "Geno Smith should have been a 1st rounder".

I guess in actuality, this is true.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good article and as I said in another post - I guarantee that the Jets will be picking a QB with their first pick next draft assuming that Geno isn't a first year star.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like an angry VaGiants isn't ready to let go of the circus....

(From the comments section)
    Rich from Lake Como 3 hours ago −
    Who died and left you to be the Grand Poohbah of whether the Jets are a functional organization? Time will decide that... not a sportswriter trying to kiss up to Jets ownership and management. By the way, it takes longer than a few weeks for the Clown Show to leave town. You've jumped way, way ahead of yourself...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kristian is a really good guy, and a quality sportswriter. He also covers the NY Red Bulls and is an active participant on the Red Bulls forums; I'm sure he at least browses this forum from time to time.

Keep up the good work Kristian. Level headed writing like that is not only going to win you the respect and readership of intelligent Jets fans, but you're going to be way ahead of the curve once the rest of the lazy media shifts the "circus" paradigm to "hey, don't look now, the Jets are actually better than you think."

That's probably a September initiative at earliest for the mainstream media -- you and the others who point out the ridiculousness of this circus label now are going to look like downright visionaries.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Kristian is a really good guy, and a quality sportswriter. He also covers the NY Red Bulls and is an active participant on the Red Bulls forums; I'm sure he at least browses this forum from time to time.

Keep up the good work Kristian. Level headed writing like that is not only going to win you the respect and readership of intelligent Jets fans, but you're going to be way ahead of the curve once the rest of the lazy media shifts the "circus" paradigm to "hey, don't look now, the Jets are actually better than you think."

That's probably a September initiative at earliest for the mainstream media -- you and the others who point out the ridiculousness of this circus label now are going to look like downright visionaries.
    Nailed it.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Looks like an angry VaGiants isn't ready to let go of the circus....

(From the comments section)
    Rich from Lake Como 3 hours ago −
    Who died and left you to be the Grand Poohbah of whether the Jets are a functional organization? Time will decide that... not a sportswriter trying to kiss up to Jets ownership and management. By the way, it takes longer than a few weeks for the Clown Show to leave town. You've jumped way, way ahead of yourself...
    ....just listen to Mike Francesa, HE knows what's up!"

I love how some Giants fans act so entitled. He's probably still just pissed that his team reached like crazy for a non-need in the first, and traded up for a backup to their franchise QB who hasn't missed a game, in the first few rounds.