Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 71 of 71

Thread: Man, Coples is going to be a MONSTER this year.

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    I'm torn fellas. I'm torn about which one of these beasts I want blind siding Tammy Brady? Coples! No, Wilk! Na, SRich... Bummer choices, choices....
    or Dee coming off the edge on a corner blitz

  2. #62
    Theres a Coples SportsScience feature on youtube. Cant post it at the moment, perhaps someone else can.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41 View Post
    Theres a Coples SportsScience feature on youtube. Cant post it at the moment, perhaps someone else can.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z73mqVNj84E

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Didn't you say that coples was a bust and gholston 2.0? 5.5 sacks for a rookie learning new positions and getting limited snaps is pretty damn good and reason to feel optimistic
    No. Just give the guy a chance to develop. Stop with this beast nonsense.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    No. Just give the guy a chance to develop. Stop with this beast nonsense.
    oh that's right I forgot.. you called coples "the ducasse of defense"

    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...ghlight=coples

    you've certainly grown up a lot since then... glad you finally decided to give the kid a chance to develop
    Last edited by cant wait; 05-04-2013 at 05:08 PM.

  6. #66
    Since Rex Ryan took over as coach, I've been waiting for the Jets to get nasty on defense. Since our offensive prowess is a work in progress, I really hope he let's loose the dogs of war this season.

  7. #67
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,774
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    oh that's right I forgot.. you called coples "the ducasse of defense"

    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...ghlight=coples

    you've certainly grown up a lot since then... glad you finally decided to give the kid a chance to develop
    Yes. Thanks for picking that one up. Nice prediction by Sorry junior. Sanchez just needs a chance to prove himself, but Coples is a bust.

  8. #68
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Loving the ridiculous comments about Coples having to "drop in coverage." LOL.

    He'll probably sit in a zone in the flats or over the middle to disrupt the QB's vision mayyybe about three times a game.
    Hope you're right but how many times did we see Pace forced into man coverage based on what we were running. The good teams (NE) understand our defensive assignments and will put Coples in a situation where he is in man-coverage.

    If I had my druthers he would be moving forwards 100% of the time. Any time he has to drop in coverage, even if it is only three times, is a complete waste. On a team that already struggles to get a pass rush you are doing the opponent a favor when you put your best pass rusher in a position where he isn't rushing. And I can't assume that Richardson, a rookie, is the answer to this concern of mine b.c we have not seen him play a down of NFL football yet.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Hope you're right but how many times did we see Pace forced into man coverage based on what we were running. The good teams (NE) understand our defensive assignments and will put Coples in a situation where he is in man-coverage.
    Not trying to be a grammar nazi, but an opposing team can't really "put" a player in man. If their assignment is a zone assignment, that's what he's going to play. Sure you can expose this, and if that's what you mean, then sorry to get on your case.

    All I'm saying is that if he's in a zone scheme in the flats, he'll only be liable for a small area of the field, leaving less of a chance for the other team to expose him. He obviously can be exposed but giving him small coverage duties makes it less likely that he will be exposed.

  10. #70
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegi5894 View Post
    Not trying to be a grammar nazi, but an opposing team can't really "put" a player in man. If their assignment is a zone assignment, that's what he's going to play. Sure you can expose this, and if that's what you mean, then sorry to get on your case.

    All I'm saying is that if he's in a zone scheme in the flats, he'll only be liable for a small area of the field, leaving less of a chance for the other team to expose him. He obviously can be exposed but giving him small coverage duties makes it less likely that he will be exposed.
    The defense has the ability to change their coverage based on the look the offense is giving them. This can happen when the offense goes in motion and changes alignment. Whether he is in man or zone coverage doesn't really matter b.c it will likely always be a mismatch in the offense's favor just like it is for almost every other OLB. But there will be times when he will be in man coverage b.c of what the offense is doing. It is unavoidable. We saw it with Pace.

    But that wasn't my main point. Basically my view of this is even if he has to drop into coverage once that would be one too many. I hate when I see guys like Ware or Williams drop into coverage. And we need all the pass rush we can get. Am I nitpicking? Maybe. But I liked what I saw from Coples last year and I am a firm believer in not messing with a good thing.

    I understand that some people think that he will be even better rushing from the outside so if he has to cover a handful of times a game it will be worth it. I just want him to be a 3 down player that is always moving up the field.

  11. #71
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,774
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Hope you're right but how many times did we see Pace forced into man coverage based on what we were running. The good teams (NE) understand our defensive assignments and will put Coples in a situation where he is in man-coverage.

    If I had my druthers he would be moving forwards 100% of the time. Any time he has to drop in coverage, even if it is only three times, is a complete waste. On a team that already struggles to get a pass rush you are doing the opponent a favor when you put your best pass rusher in a position where he isn't rushing. And I can't assume that Richardson, a rookie, is the answer to this concern of mine b.c we have not seen him play a down of NFL football yet.
    Pace was absolutely useless rushing the passer last year. Looked like he was playing the run. Just because Coples is on the edge doesn't mean he's going to rush to the outside. He's going to push and rip usually to the inside of the tackle. Speed rushers really have no effect on Brady anyway. He steps up and gets the ball off to quickly.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us