Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Man, Coples is going to be a MONSTER this year.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, Coples is going to be a MONSTER this year.

Imagine playing QB and watching this guy run at you.

(bowels releasing)

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post

Imagine playing QB and watching this guy run at you.

(bowels releasing)

The bicep things:

A. Are totally ridiculous
    B. Show opposing QBs and players just how much of a crazy mofo this guy is
    C. Every time I see them....ouch

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy is just such a beast.

You could argue he would of been the first defensive player off the board in this years draft and we got him at #16 last year.

The only knock on him was his work ethic and i think thats in the process of being put to rest.

I love Mo and think hes great, but this guy right here has the potential to be down right NASTY

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    The bicep things:

just imagine being an OL.

This guy WILLINGLY had those things burned into his arms.

good luck getting in his way.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have some weird special feeling about Coples (no homo)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really like the look of having Coples rushing the passer with Richardson and Wilkerson ahead of him!
    I didnt like the Richardson pick at first. But with this move it makes alot of sense. Loving it!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post
    The guy is just such a beast.

You could argue he would of been the first defensive player off the board in this years draft and we got him at #16 last year.

The only knock on him was his work ethic and i think thats in the process of being put to rest.

I love Mo and think hes great, but this guy right here has the potential to be down right NASTY
    Wilkerson is no slouch he's a force of nature on the line. Coples has the higher ceiling athletically but Wilks can so somethings Coples can't at least not yet, the way he sheds blockers sometimes double so easily. Wilks taking the heat off Coples will allow him to make qbs hit the high notes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plus I don't think Coples likes to play inside.
    Letting this guy just go after the QB will allow him to free his mind, not have to think too much.
    He can be a beast, especially if you have Barnes lining up on the other edge in 3rd & longs.
    Breakout year for Coples, these guys like nothing more than to be able to make plays & become a name in the NFL.
    Just imagine if Ellis turns his game up a notch, he was abusing the Panthers center last preseason, ( Kalil?).
    Loving the fact the you have big Mo growing into his 3rd year, (these guys start growing into men), Coples 2nd year, Ellis 3rd year, now you add Richardson, that is a front of big quick powerful young men.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Plus I don't think Coples likes to play inside.
    Letting this guy just go after the QB will allow him to free his mind, not have to think too much.
    He can be a beast, especially if you have Barnes lining up on the other edge in 3rd & longs.
    Breakout year for Coples, these guys like nothing more than to be able to make plays & become a name in the NFL.
    Just imagine if Ellis turns his game up a notch, he was abusing the Panthers center last preseason, ( Kalil?).
    Loving the fact the you have big Mo growing into his 3rd year, (these guys start growing into men), Coples 2nd year, Ellis 3rd year, now you add Richardson, that is a front of big quick powerful young men.
    I'm torn fellas. I'm torn about which one of these beasts I want blind siding Tammy Brady? Coples! No, Wilk! Na, SRich... Bummer choices, choices....

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    um many college athletes has those biceps things lol.....it's the fraternity they pledged to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    The bicep things:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    By watching Richardson play and seeing all the tackles he made as a D-Lineman I would think Richardson is the better LB prospect? Richardson made a ton of tackles in open space and across the field. Richardson made tackles 10 yards downfield. Would'nt Richardson be the better linebacker choice? I think the Jets give Coples the first shot at it then maybe go to Richardson next season if Coples doesn't shine.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    not even close......Richardson is a natural d lineman who can tear up the interior..he made plays downfield because he is a freakish athlete....I have faith in rex and the jets....they kinda have an idea about what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    By watching Richardson play and seeing all the tackles he made as a D-Lineman I would think Richardson is the better LB prospect? Richardson made a ton of tackles in open space and across the field. Richardson made tackles 10 yards downfield. Would'nt Richardson be the better linebacker choice? I think the Jets give Coples the first shot at it then maybe go to Richardson next season if Coples doesn't shine.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    and why are you people acting like coples is going to have a position change.....he will go to LB in various packages but still also play DE with his hands in the dirt....rex has only said that about 1,000 times

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well first of all the Jets did announce a position change - but like u said its no big deal. Secondly it just looked like on tape the Richardson was a better open field tackler. But obviously Rex knows better.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    if Barnes can shine as a full-time player, the Jets will have a fearsome 4-man front. Coples and Barnes collapsing the edge with Wilkerson and Richardson collapsing the middle really limits what the opposing QB can do

i still fear runs up the middle. until proven otherwise, Ellis is a major question mark.

while i don't foresee any 12-16 sack players on the defense, i can certain see Coples, Barnes, Wilkerson, and Richardson all having 5-10 sacks this season. but the pressure they create will be more important, and likely the greatest the Jets will have had since Ryan's first year with Jenkins controlling the DL.

this team had only 30 sacks last season, and that includes the late-season purge Coples collected himself. i'd expect 30 this season from those front-four alone. Davis has the speed to collect a few more, and of course the DB's will share the load like usual. the Jets have had 40 sacks only once in Ryan's tenure (2010). i'd expect a 40-45 sack season this year. not that sacks are the end-all, be-all... but i think we'd all like to see more than last year's pitiful showing

above all, the pressure they create should definitely help the secondary keep the football infront of them. this should mask any weakness at Safety they may have (but who knows, maybe Bush or Allen will make a leap this year next to DLandry). TE's and slot receives figure to continue to be a problem unless Davis and Barnes can step-up as coverage backs
    Last edited by Jonathan; 05-03-2013 at 07:44 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Baby steps. Lets let him be a 3 down player first.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    A 310 pound LB? Come on maaaaaan!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LB54 View Post
    I really like the look of having Coples rushing the passer with Richardson and Wilkerson ahead of him!
    I didnt like the Richardson pick at first. But with this move it makes alot of sense. Loving it!
    You have to see how everything translate to the field and not on paper. Right now it sounds good on paper but the game is played on the field. Can Q Colpes at 280 pounds tackle a 210 RB with. 4.33 speed in space. OR an offense line lets him get up the field real fast and they dump it off .

Mario Williams played outside Lb for the Texans at 290 and he was vulnerable to certain things an offense did. Coples will be just as vulnerable.
    BTW. An Olineman isn't scared of defender who was branded or has 5.5 sacks. Coples would have to be a 10plus sack guy for that to occur.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting article about how defenses are becoming less defined as 3-4 / 4-3. Mentions Coples quite a bit, plus Jordan and Collins.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ent-new-trends

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not so sure about "monster" year. I'm not convinced that he can play outside.