Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Geno will be a bust?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    Let's see what he is made of and if you can beat sanchez and gerrard out.
    Youre idiotic rant telling all that he is a punk, and everything else that old white people used to accused black QBs of being has nothing to do with beating out Sanchez for the starting job.

All Pro
    I have thick skin and your words only fuel me. I don't care what the haters say.
    Haters that hate bein hated. How sad

I've never heard of such rude, critical, vulgar, mean as there are on this message. This is not the majority, but I'm fortunate it doesn't bother nor do I really care what these haters say or think.

Geno should have played in the Senior and was bad to close the season.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I've never heard of such rude, critical, vulgar, mean as there are on this message. This is not the majority, but I'm fortunate it doesn't bother nor do I really care what these haters say or think.
    Why do people think it's ok to be rude, critical, vulgar, mean etc when talking about the personality, work ethic etc of someone...without a shred of...proof of a player?

Then get all sh1tty when they are ripped for being rude, critical, vulgar & mean calling people rude, critical, vulgar & mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Youre idiotic rant telling all that he is a punk, and everything else that old white people used to accused black QBs of being has nothing to do with beating out Sanchez for the starting job.
    Not to defend Shark, but your stance is basically PC run amok. I mean, most would agree that Ryan Leaf was a freaking punk, which is why he washed out.

But oh, have to be very careful and walk a tight line while criticizing a black QB.

Maybe he thinks that Geno really is a punk, i.e. the second coming of Leaf ?

Trade down

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Not to defend Shark, but your stance is basically PC run amok. I mean, most would agree that Ryan Leaf was a freaking punk, which is why he washed out.

But oh, have to be very careful and walk a tight line while criticizing a black QB.

I'm a fan of Moon, McNair, RGIII

I'm a fan of Moon, McNair, RGIII
    how do you feel about india people though?

ok so according to your logic, then maybe the jets saw how bad tebow really was in practice and that's why he didn't play? I mean, only an irrational butthurt fanboy would think otherwise

TO be fair, he's only compared Geno Smith to black QBs, including Warren Moon and Randall Cunningham (who are nothing alike). 2nd of all, there was no indication of Geno Smith being a "punk" before the end of the season. Most considered him to be a good leader, etc, etc.

Anyhow any comparison to Ryan Leaf is wholly illogical, Leaf was the 2nd overall pick. If you want to compare Geno Smith to a 2nd round bust, it'd make more sense to compare him to Kellen Clemens or Kevin Kolb.

Geno should have played in the Senior and was bad to close the season.
    Geno should have played in the Senior Bowl, but it is almost impossible to believe that he didn't get advice from his agents on that front. A college kid doesn't know as much about the process as the agents who have being involved in it for year. That doesn't absolve Geno Smith, it's his career, not his agents. But he's not alone in the blame there.

Geno Smith had two bad games in the middle of last season. Here's how he closed out the last 6 games of the season

152 Completions
    226 Attempts
    67.2 Completion %
    1788 Yards (298 Yards per game)
    16 Touchdowns
    4 Ints

Offense averaged 37.5 Points Per Game. West Virginia went 2-4 during this stretch, losing games when they scored 38, 34, and 49 points.

Again, Geno Smith could bust out, but he really does not compare to Warren Moon, RGIII, and Randall Cunningham, and the idea that he ended the season "poorly" is a bit of a media myth.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    TO be fair, he's only compared Geno Smith to black QBs, including Warren Moon and Randall Cunningham (who are nothing alike). 2nd of all, there was no indication of Geno Smith being a "punk" before the end of the season. Most considered him to be a good leader, etc, etc.
    Was just pointing out that calling him a "punk" isn't inherently racist as Jet Nut basically indicated.

As to your second point, "leadership" issue normally doesn't come up until combines for the most part. That's when all the interviews, psych tests, what have you get done and the "intangibles" really begin to be discussed.

Anyhow any comparison to Ryan Leaf is wholly illogical, Leaf was the 2nd overall pick. If you want to compare Geno Smith to a 2nd round bust, it'd make more sense to compare him to Kellen Clemens or Kevin Kolb.
    Draft placement isn't relevant to the discussion. Shark alluded to Geno as a "punk", Jet Nut claimed it was racist for the most part. I pointed out that a white QB like Leaf could easily be considered a "punk", therefore, calling a black QB a "punk" doesn't have to be racist. It could just be that you think the guy is a punk.

I'm just tired of people constantly whining "racist" when someone criticizes someone who's black.

Geno should have played in the Senior Bowl, but it is almost impossible to believe that he didn't get advice from his agents on that front. A college kid doesn't know as much about the process as the agents who have being involved in it for year. That doesn't absolve Geno Smith, it's his career, not his agents. But he's not alone in the blame there.
    Not sure that playing in the Senior Bowl would have helped his stock. He was already the top rated QB according to most evaluations. IIRC, the top college QB prospects rarely play in the Senior bowl.

Does Geno getting all this negative publicly about being a immatured diva help Sanchez... take pressure off him..

the competition is good regardless

Was just pointing out that calling him a "punk" isn't inherently racist as Jet Nut basically indicated.

As to your second point, "leadership" issue normally doesn't come up until combines for the most part. That's when all the interviews, psych tests, what have you get done and the "intangibles" really begin to be discussed.

Draft placement isn't relevant to the discussion. Shark alluded to Geno as a "punk", Jet Nut claimed it was racist for the most part. I pointed out that a white QB like Leaf could easily be considered a "punk", therefore, calling a black QB a "punk" doesn't have to be racist. It could just be that you think the guy is a punk.

I'm just tired of people constantly whining "racist" when someone criticizes someone who's black.

Not sure that playing in the Senior Bowl would have helped his stock. He was already the top rated QB according to most evaluations. IIRC, the top college QB prospects rarely play in the Senior bowl.
    agreed this post has nothing to do with racism it is about constructive criticism on someone we hope will be our future Qb...

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Why do people think it's ok to be rude, critical, vulgar, mean etc when talking about the personality, work ethic etc of someone...without a shred of...proof of a player?

Then get all sh1tty when they are ripped for being rude, critical, vulgar & mean calling people rude, critical, vulgar & mean?
    I coach & played QB. I know what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    ok so according to your logic, then maybe the jets saw how bad tebow really was in practice and that's why he didn't play? I mean, only an irrational butthurt fanboy would think otherwise
    I don't like his attitude and the way he carries himself.

knock sanchez all you want but he didn't have any these problems coming out of college. He's a hard worker and is durable.

Jets Insider VIP
    And also a Turnover Machine and BUST

fortunately gone as early as June

Banned

Ryan Leaf proved he was a punk with his actions. Racist comments about teammates, plus an overall lousy attitude led to those conclusions about him. Nobody ever accused him of being one only days after he was drafted. There is a clear body of evidence proving it.

Geno is being called one with no proof whatsoever to back it. He committed the high crime of firing his agents....because no other player has ever done that. All the bad press on him that has come out since the draft is hearsay, supposedly from scouts, who are being quoted anonymously....how professional of them.

I go by what I see with my own eyes. And what I've seen of Smith in interviews is a polite, intelligent, and humble guy. Either he's putting on a hell of an act, or the reports are bullsh!t. Considering the media's track record of late, I'm going with the latter until Geno proves otherwise.

Jets Insider VIP
    I coach & played QB. I know what I'm talking about.
    also went to Oxford, worked for the Jets, can't spell, punctuate or compose a sentence....

when will this bullsh1t finally cease?