Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Geno will be a bust?

Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    Smith will never be a top 10 Qb or lead the jets to the Super Bowl
    And if he does, you won't come back here to eat crow anyway. Your posting is ban-worthy

Shark, is this you?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    You have a bizarre habit of picking really good QBs to compare Geno Smith to.

Randall Cunningham (4 Pro Bowls, 4 year period, 1987-1990, where he was among the NFL leader in TDs, Yards, and record)

Donovan McNabb (6 Pro Bowls, threw more TDs in prime period (2000-2009) than anyone other than Brady, Manning, and Favre, Threw for more yards than anyone other than Manning and Favre, among all-time low for INT%)

What kind of criticism is it to say a 2nd round QB won't be as good as these guys. That's also true about Matthew Stafford, Sam Bradford, Vince Young, Alex Smith, Carson Palmer, David Carr, Philip Rivers, and Joey Harrington.

In fact, it still might be true about Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, Matt Ryan, and even RGIII. And those are just guys drafted in the top 5.

In reality, there is only 1 of 12 QBs drafted between 2000 and 2010 who was in the same galaxy as the guys you named. So the fact that Geno Smith might not be that good isn't really a big insult.
    Just as saying any QB taken, by anyone, anywhere in the draft probably won't become a franchise QB or lead that team to a SB isn't a bold prediction based on insight.

Odds and history make that true.

I hope I'm wrong along w/ other experts & I will face the music if Geno turns out to be a good pro.

Geno needs to calll Hostetler & Bulger & see how they made transition from WV to NFL.

Geno Smith will suck in the pros.
    We should of waited until next season to draft a quarterback since Sanchez is starting for us again anyway.

Typical Rex Ryan stupidity that will be defended all year until it finally becomes fashionable to bash all these dumb decisions a year later. We went for headlines again instead of a building block player.

Wish we had a good coach, like a Harbaugh or a Chip Kelly

Air McNair & Moon happen to be two of my favorite all time QBS...

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Geno Smith will suck in the pros.
    We should of waited until next season to draft a quarterback since Sanchez is starting for us again anyway.

Typical Rex Ryan stupidity that will be defended all year until it finally becomes fashionable to bash all these dumb decisions a year later. We went for headlines again instead of a building block player.

Wish we had a good coach, like a Harbaugh or a Chip Kelly
    LOL at the bolded

Jets Insider VIP
    wow

amazing how many reponses to a dumb thread by a repugnant poster

Glennon or Nassib in 3rd.
    Wouldn't had a problem with Glennon in the 3rd

I hope I'm wrong along w/ other experts & I will face the music if Geno turns out to be a good pro.
    Most experts had Geno going in the first round, FYI.

Geno's a solid player who will compete to start immediately. Beyond that, nobody knows how good or bad he will be. To quote our new GM, let's let everything play out before we call our new QB (who hasn't played a single snap for the team yet) a colossal bust.

Smith will never be a top 10 Qb or lead the jets to the Super Bowl
    Are you even a Jets fan, please tell me you aren't! Mark Sanchez will never lead the Jets to the Super Bowl and that's a fact! Its too early to predict what Geno will do in the NFL and if you were a "real" Jets fan you would be more open minded and not so negative!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Lacey was overrated (which is why Bernard went ahead of him,) Allen would've been a stretch, Woods was taken ahead of him, if I recall Eiffert was gone and the other TE would've been a reach.

You can't really argue with that particular pick: Geno Smith was by far BAP and also addressed a position of major need.
    Allen's and Smith's grades were very close - two points apart, and Woods was taken after the Jets by the Bills.

Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    Wouldn't had a problem with Glennon in the 3rd
    Agreed he will be a better pro.

Geno is inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    The only thing that worries me are his baby sized hands.
    im more concerned with his baby sized brain. seriously, im hoping for the best....but he seems to be slow witted. izdick is george, geno is lenny? hope im wrong

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Sanchez is a bust. It is now Geno's turn to show us what he's made of. Let's give the guy a chance before predicting what nobody knows or can possibly know before he takes the field.
    Sanchez has under performed bit is not a bust yet....

Many people didn't even want our team to dtaft a Qb in the entire draft & preferred to.wait till next year.

Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    im more concerned with his baby sized brain. seriously, im hoping for the best....but he seems to be slow witted. izdick is george, geno is lenny? hope im wrong
    Geno doesn't have what it takes to succeed in NY. Also hoping for the best...

Geno WB Smith. Geno Will Bust Smith.