Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Geno will be a bust?

Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    If he will easily be better than Mark Sanchez then he will easily lead us to the Superbowl? Doubtful!
    ahaha are you saying Sanchez led us to the AFC championships? not the top rated D or running game that both carried him? lol funny guy..

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    ahaha are you saying Sanchez led us to the AFC championships? not the top rated D or running game that both carried him? lol funny guy..
    No but he won 4 road playoff games & made plays his first 2 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Just as saying any QB taken, by anyone, anywhere in the draft probably won't become a franchise QB or lead that team to a SB isn't a bold prediction based on insight.

Odds and history make that true.
    Geno won't even lead us to the playoffs unless these Rbs play top notch & Wr improve signicantly. Also a stout D

[QUOTE=GandWFan;4884746]Immature? A 22 year old is immature? In todays day and age? really? Wow... He must be the first one, right?

Attitude? Really? Are you a sheep being lead around by the media who want to create controversy in a New York market? I think so.

On the field, he is already an improvement over Sanchez, without taking his first snap.

And maybe they were the "best Wrs in college" because they had Geno throwing to them, putting the ball in places where they could make a play.

There are 2 sides to that connection.[/QUOTE
    He's better than Sanchez w/o taking a snap?! Do you not remember him winning 4 road playoff games & going to back to back AFC title games?

Geno's Wrs made him better not the other way around.

Here's a really long scouting report/game tape I found on youtube, if you got an hour to kill. Music is ghey so listen to your own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsfBm1K0nhk

Quote Originally Posted by Bachelors III View Post
    Here's a really long scouting report/game tape I found on youtube, if you got an hour to kill. Music is ghey so listen to your own.

Thank you for sharing!

In the history of our team we've drafted 2 good to great Qbs. Idzik can you draft us the 3rd?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    In the history of our team we've drafted 2 good to great Qbs. Idzik can you draft us the 3rd?
    Please stop. You are sariously embarrassing yourself

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Please stop. You are sariously embarrassing yourself
    Pennington & Namath name another?

On Wfan they are killing Geno Smith! Immature brat did fired his agent prematurely.

Jets Insider VIP
    the idiocy continues

Shark99, you are either 12 years old or you just have no life! Why don't you go follow a team with a real QB and stop posting negative stuff about the Jets QB's!

Quote Originally Posted by CMEC View Post
    Shark99, you are either 12 years old or you just have no life! Why don't you go follow a team with a real QB and stop posting negative stuff about the Jets QB's!
    Your a joke I bleed Green wore Jets Jersey during Kotite years.

Quote Originally Posted by CMEC View Post
    Richard Todd Browning Nagle both great Qbs we drafted according to you....

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachelors III View Post

So Geno has ball security issues, is inaccurate and is a turnover machine. Sounds familiar

Knowitall....??

I don't know if we can base everything on what Cimini or the media states about Geno, and I hope all is wrong, but we do know this.....this guy has some amazing skill sets that, if coached right, can translate to a Solid to Good QB play and some wins....
    What I have gleaned from this guy in my limited exposure to him is that he has a great arm, can laser a ball in tight spaces, has a high completion percentage( albeit with a lot of screen/short passes), and can run well when needed. He also is a very intelligent guy. Smart....

What I also see is immaturity. A Knowitall so to speak...I have seen that first hand with my kids where I want to put them through a wall... I see arrogance and chip on the shoulder attitude. Now, that is good for an athlete to have ultimate confidence in himself, however, arrogance is not confidence. Does he have Coachability? His college coaches etc say he does and is a great kid. I would like to take that and run with it.

Does the media have an agenda with this guy? Is it because he is now a JET? I don't know, looks like that is part of it. Looks like the media doesn't like arrogant people...? NAH...they LOVED REX when he came here..Notice how quiet Rex has been?

This remains to be seen. In a sick, twisted way, I believe Sanchez will respond here. I kind of am hoping he does because I do like Mark, but he has SUCKED real bad the last two years. I can't believe I am saying this but I actually have some agreement with SAR, albeit a small amount, where he states that Mark Sanchez was not coached right, which is ON THE MONEY.
    Shotty, to Sparano, to MM. I love MM, and think he will do wonders with any QB that will start here. We will see. Should be interesting...

Anyway, I believe Geno is showing some petulance and arrogance, which will not play well with NY. They will eat him up if he does not eat some Humble Pie....just sayin.....

Jets Insider VIP
    according to noted football whiz kid shark99 only QBs drafted in the first round are eligible for success.... that would make superstars like Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, David Carr, Matt Leinart and Mark Sanchez -- qualified for success

and

Joe Montana, Johnny Unitas, Tom Brady and Brett Favre BUSTS under the shark99 rule of NFL quarterback play

and as stupid as this makes shark99, he keeps blubbering on and on and on and on with this worthless formula recently quoted the very knowledgable hosts and callers on WFAN as his unqualified support

pathetic, really

just sad and pathetic

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Super Bowl I - Bart Starr
    Super Bowl II - Bart Starr
    Super Bowl III - Joe Namath
    Super Bowl IV - Len Dawson
    Super Bowl V - Johnny Unitas
    Super Bowl VI - Roger Staubach
    Super Bowl VII - Bob Griese
    Super Bowl VIII - Bob Griese
    Super Bowl IX - Terry Bradshaw
    Super Bowl X - Terry Bradshaw
    Super Bowl XI - Ken Stabler
    Super Bowl XII - Roger Staubach
    Super Bowl XIII - Terry Bradshaw
    Super Bowl XIV - Terry Bradshaw
    Super Bowl XV - Jim Plunkett
    Super Bowl XVI - Joe Montana
    Super Bowl XVII - Joe Theismann
    Super Bowl XVIII - Jim Plunkett
    Super Bowl XIX - Joe Montana
    Super Bowl XX - Jim McMahon
    Super Bowl XXI - Phil Simms
    Super Bowl XXII - Doug Williams
    Super Bowl XXIII - Joe Montana
    Super Bowl XXIV - Joe Montana
    Super Bowl XXV - Jeff Hostetler
    Super Bowl XXVI - Mark Rypien
    Super Bowl XXVII - Troy Aikman
    Super Bowl XXVIII - Troy Aikman
    Super Bowl XXIX - Steve Young
    Super Bowl XXX - Troy Aikman
    Super Bowl XXXI - Brett Favre
    Super Bowl XXXII - John Elway
    Super Bowl XXXIII - John Elway
    Super Bowl XXXIV - Kurt Warner
    Super Bowl XXXV - Trent Dilfer
    Super Bowl XXXVI - Tom Brady
    Super Bowl XXXVII - Brad Johnson
    Super Bowl XXXVIII - Tom Brady
    Super Bowl XXXIX - Tom Brady
    Super Bowl XL - Ben Roethlisberger
    Super Bowl XLI - Peyton Manning
    Super Bowl XLII - Eli Manning
    Super Bowl XLIII - Ben Roethlisberger
    Super Bowl XLIV - Drew Brees
    Super Bowl XLV - Aaron Rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    according to noted football whiz kid shark99 only QBs drafted in the first round are eligible for success.... that would make superstars like Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, David Carr, Matt Leinart and Mark Sanchez -- qualified for success

and

Joe Montana, Johnny Unitas, Tom Brady and Brett Favre BUSTS under the shark99 rule of NFL quarterback play

and as stupid as this makes shark99, he keeps blubbering on and on and on and on with this worthless formula recently quoted the very knowledgable hosts and callers on WFAN as his unqualified support

pathetic, really

just sad and pathetic
    You can't be serious? Brett Favre, Brees, Brady, Russell Wilson you have no idea what you are talking about hater...

Quote Originally Posted by gandolfthewhite View Post
    I don't know if we can base everything on what Cimini or the media states about Geno, and I hope all is wrong, but we do know this.....this guy has some amazing skill sets that, if coached right, can translate to a Solid to Good QB play and some wins....
    What I have gleaned from this guy in my limited exposure to him is that he has a great arm, can laser a ball in tight spaces, has a high completion percentage( albeit with a lot of screen/short passes), and can run well when needed. He also is a very intelligent guy. Smart....

What I also see is immaturity. A Knowitall so to speak...I have seen that first hand with my kids where I want to put them through a wall... I see arrogance and chip on the shoulder attitude. Now, that is good for an athlete to have ultimate confidence in himself, however, arrogance is not confidence. Does he have Coachability? His college coaches etc say he does and is a great kid. I would like to take that and run with it.

Does the media have an agenda with this guy? Is it because he is now a JET? I don't know, looks like that is part of it. Looks like the media doesn't like arrogant people...? NAH...they LOVED REX when he came here..Notice how quiet Rex has been?

This remains to be seen. In a sick, twisted way, I believe Sanchez will respond here. I kind of am hoping he does because I do like Mark, but he has SUCKED real bad the last two years. I can't believe I am saying this but I actually have some agreement with SAR, albeit a small amount, where he states that Mark Sanchez was not coached right, which is ON THE MONEY.
    Shotty, to Sparano, to MM. I love MM, and think he will do wonders with any QB that will start here. We will see. Should be interesting...

Anyway, I believe Geno is showing some petulance and arrogance, which will not play well with NY. They will eat him up if he does not eat some Humble Pie....just sayin.....

Excellent analysis I agree!