Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Geno will be a bust?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    ESPN's Ron Jaworski said Geno Smith was the only quarterback he had with a first-round grade in the draft.
    "I think he's going to be a terrific NFL quarterback," Jaworski said. "When I went to Morgantown and watched his workout I was blown away." Smith has gotten nothing but negative press since the draft, much of it from his fired agents. This positive review from one of the game's premier quarterback analysts gives Jets fans a little something to hang their hats on.
    Good to hear but my own unscientific recollection is that Jaws has been pretty spectacularly off the mark when it comes to predicting this stuff.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    You seem like an angry person. Did you ever consider that jumping in and injecting yourself as you did into the conversation between sg3 and another poster could be considered as a prime example of YOU "butting in"?

I suppose it is a case of do as you say and not as you do. What a shocker.

Still and all, nice deflection. I guess that means you must have used the "dumbest post I have ever read" comment more than once or twice Deduct two points for lack of originality
    You mean like you always seem to do?

Like everyone on a public forum does?

Don't jump into a conversation? Find the inappropriate post between SG3 and Boro that I should have stayed out of. Copy and paste is and show me. You do this all the time. Funny, SG3 doesn't mind. Boro joked back. EM31, head cop of JI tells me I shouldn't have posted. STFU already.

BTW, given that I actually know SG3 outside of this board, have tailgated, sat at games together, met on another board years ago, you really do sound silly. You should just pass me by and take your own advice.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 05-09-2013 at 12:28 PM.

I seem to recollect a number of times reading about how Ron Jaworski gave very high marks to a young 2nd round QB named Kellen Clemens.

I'm not really all that interested in what Jaws thinks about a quarterback that hasn't taken an NFL snap yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post

Don't jump into a conversation? Find the inappropriate post between SG3 and Boro that I should have stayed out of. Copy and paste is and show me. You do this all the time. Funny, SG3 doesn't mind. Boro joked back. EM31, head cop of JI tells me I shouldn't have posted. STFU already.

BTW, given that I actually know SG3 outside of this board, have tailgated, sat at games together, met on another board years ago, you really do sound silly. You should just pass me by and take your own advice.
    Dumbest post ever.

At least until your next post. Maybe you should just stick to sounding like you know little about football. Nobody cares about your bromance with sg3.

Quote Originally Posted by kali yuga View Post
    I seem to recollect a number of times reading about how Ron Jaworski gave very high marks to a young 2nd round QB named Kellen Clemens.

I'm not really all that interested in what Jaws thinks about a quarterback that hasn't taken an NFL snap yet.
    to be fair, he praised Clemens as his favorite QB in that draft. only one QB taken in that draft has proven to be a valuable starter: Jay Cutler, a guy that many talking heads saw the potential in, but also saw the question marks.

not to say Jaws' opinion is worth half a damn, but i don't think his love for Clemens is the greatest indicator of his incompetence.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Dumbest post ever.

At least until your next post. Maybe you should just stick to sounding like you know little about football. Nobody cares about your bromance with sg3.
    Didn't think that anyone cared until someone tried to tell me that I shouldn't talk to him.

You know, for doing exactly what you did when you stuck your opinion in here too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    to be fair, he praised Clemens as his favorite QB in that draft. only one QB taken in that draft has proven to be a valuable starter: Jay Cutler, a guy that many talking heads saw the potential in, but also saw the question marks.

not to say Jaws' opinion is worth half a damn, but i don't think his love for Clemens is the greatest indicator of his incompetence.
    I'm mainly talking about his opinion on players prior to playing in the NFL. I have seen Jaws make some very intelligent analyses on players in the NFL. He is one of the few analysts that I can stomach on that network.

But I have never taken him for a guy that could predict successful college players making the transition.

Maybe I haven't read all of his stuff in that regard, but it's what I have seen based on an admittedly small sample.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post

Yep. If you think about it, Jaws wasn't that far off. Of the three QBs taken ahead of him, Cutler is the only one who is still a starter. Vince Young is out of football, and Leinart may be as well (he's a free agent). So even though it's not saying much, Clemens has had a more successful career than either of them.

I'm mainly talking about his opinion on players prior to playing in the NFL. I have seen Jaws make some very intelligent analyses on players in the NFL. He is one of the few analysts that I can stomach on that network.

But I have never taken him for a guy that could predict successful college players making the transition.

Maybe I haven't read all of his stuff in that regard, but it's what I have seen based on an admittedly small sample.
    I also like Jaws analysis @ the PRO level

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post

LOL... Oh dear. OK I'm in a playful mood so I will bite and take a crack at it. For your part I do hope you will agree to let me know if I am using words that are too big for you to understand. Sound like a plan Skippy?

Anyhow sg3 and kali yuga seemed to be going along, happy enough to do their thing. Chugging along as it were providing the rest of us with a little light entertainment along the way. From what I can see so far kali yuga does not appear to need any help from me in this department and certainly sg3 does not need any help from anyone considering the sheer number of spats that he is involved in (psst: I think he actually enjoys the whole back and forth thing but I could be wrong).

Well then, and not to put too fine a point on it... "then comes you"... Jumping into the middle of what seemed to be a two man exchange with your now famous (and somewhat dopey) "dumbest post I have ever read" comment... Are you still sure you wanted to go with that BTW?

Are you with me so far?... private argument... you jump in... dopey comment... Did I mention the part where you jumped in?

Alrighty then I then ask you how often you have used that particular dopey line and you seem to go ballistic for a 2nd time in as many posts complaining about me "butting in"... You can imagine my confusion since the original butter-inner was you and the only one who seemed to get their panties in a twist about someone else butting in.... wait for it... was you!

Bolded and underlined for your benefit (No bouncing ball, using the tools that are are hand you see).

As I indicated before you seem to be a bit of an angry poster and from where I sit you come across like a whiny teenage girl in many of these interactions... In short you are not really very good at all this... Please try to avoid coming across like a whiny teenage girl. You can do it I just know you can. If sg3 and some other poster are having a private exchange... try not to butt in there's a good chap But if you do butt in (and that is fine) then at least try to not complain about other people butting in for say at least two pages. It just makes you look like an idiot if you do that.

The mods will take action if the sg3 and kali yuga thing gets out of hand.

I may even feel the need to jump in and point out your hypocrisy from time to time. If you don't like that you could always try to not be a hypocrite. My jumping in would be an attempt to keep you on the somewhat straighter and marginally narrower path so to speak. No no, there is no need for you to thank me. I am a giving, civic-minded chap in that regard

Capiche?
    Last edited by EM31; 05-09-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Hall Of Fame

Same here. Kellen Clemens ruined it for me.

I know that was a tough pill to swallow!

Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    I'm actually amazed that a Patriots fan can progress past stick figures.

Question is can Geno play Marty ball?

Is Geno the most publicized 2nd rd. Pick ever? He has a lot of pressure on him & it will be interesting to see how he handles it? Good thing is he's taken pressure off of Sheldon & Dee!
    Last edited by Shark99; 05-10-2013 at 06:34 AM.

To take 1 player and form an opinion on an analyst is a little insane. THere are SO MANY reasons a player can fail, especially when you are talking about QBs that aren't going in the 1st round.

Jaws review of Clemens was based on how he preformed before an injury ended his senior season.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    This guy brings real perspective. Makes all the idiots around hear look not so bad. Banned for life is my guess.

All Pro
    Now go back and look at everyone that said Lienart, JaMarcus, Carr, Leaf, Jeff George, would be great. Write them all off as analysts. The list goes on so feel free to think of as many as you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Now go back and look at everyone that said Lienart, JaMarcus, Carr, Leaf, Jeff George, would be great. Write them all off as analysts. The list goes on so feel free to think of as many as you'd like.
    that's a valid point...