Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Geno will be a bust?

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm not the one with the theory that any quarterback passed over by all 32 teams can't succeed

that would be your theory which apparently disqualifies Geno Smith from any chance of success....

but qualifies Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, David Carr, Tim Couch and Mark Sanchez

It's a brilliant concept shark.... keep running with it.... it's a winner

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I'm not the one with the theory that any quarterback passed over by all 32 teams can't succeed

that would be your theory which apparently disqualifies Geno Smith from any chance of success....

but qualifies Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, David Carr, Tim Couch and Mark Sanchez

It's a brilliant concept shark.... keep running with it.... it's a winner
    It doesn't matter where you drafted it matters if you can balll. Geno has immense pressure & will not be a solid NFL QB...

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Super Bowl I - Bart Starr
    Super Bowl II - Bart Starr
    Super Bowl III - Joe Namath
    Super Bowl IV - Len Dawson
    Super Bowl V - Johnny Unitas
    Super Bowl VI - Roger Staubach
    Super Bowl VII - Bob Griese
    Super Bowl VIII - Bob Griese
    Super Bowl IX - Terry Bradshaw
    Super Bowl X - Terry Bradshaw
    Super Bowl XI - Ken Stabler
    Super Bowl XII - Roger Staubach
    Super Bowl XIII - Terry Bradshaw
    Super Bowl XIV - Terry Bradshaw
    Super Bowl XV - Jim Plunkett
    Super Bowl XVI - Joe Montana
    Super Bowl XVII - Joe Theismann
    Super Bowl XVIII - Jim Plunkett
    Super Bowl XIX - Joe Montana
    Super Bowl XX - Jim McMahon
    Super Bowl XXI - Phil Simms
    Super Bowl XXII - Doug Williams
    Super Bowl XXIII - Joe Montana
    Super Bowl XXIV - Joe Montana
    Super Bowl XXV - Jeff Hostetler
    Super Bowl XXVI - Mark Rypien
    Super Bowl XXVII - Troy Aikman
    Super Bowl XXVIII - Troy Aikman
    Super Bowl XXIX - Steve Young
    Super Bowl XXX - Troy Aikman
    Super Bowl XXXI - Brett Favre
    Super Bowl XXXII - John Elway
    Super Bowl XXXIII - John Elway
    Super Bowl XXXIV - Kurt Warner
    Super Bowl XXXV - Trent Dilfer
    Super Bowl XXXVI - Tom Brady
    Super Bowl XXXVII - Brad Johnson
    Super Bowl XXXVIII - Tom Brady
    Super Bowl XXXIX - Tom Brady
    Super Bowl XL - Ben Roethlisberger
    Super Bowl XLI - Peyton Manning
    Super Bowl XLII - Eli Manning
    Super Bowl XLIII - Ben Roethlisberger
    Super Bowl XLIV - Drew Brees
    Super Bowl XLV - Aaron Rodgers
    Good list I never stated you have to be a first round pick be a good quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    the idiocy continues
    I studied at Oxford University you have heard of it wise guy?!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    It doesn't matter where you drafted it matters if you can balll. Geno has immense pressure & will not be a solid NFL QB...
    Pointless conjecture. My one question is what is the reason for this adamant stance? So if you turn out to be correct, which is possible, that you can thump your chest on a message board and told people you told everyone he would fail?

Even if he doesn't pan out, it doesn't make you insightful. I could predict that a tornado will hit my house this summer, if it happens, that doesn't make me a deeply insightful weather mind, it makes me a person that makes outlandish claims based on nothing of real significance.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Good list I never stated you have to be a first round pick be a good quarterback.
    Never said you did. The list shows one black, many repeaters. Finding a SB Qb is no easy task.

Is football 101 offered over there at Oxford? Does 1 + 1 still equal 2 over at Oxford? Are nouns still a person, place, or thing over there at Oxford? Who cares where you studied. All those Ivy league big name school *******s, who brag about where they went, are the people who plunged the economy into a mess. But that is because they are so smart and went to a prestigious school.

All League
    No you haven't. Even on a message board, an Oxford grad would use simple sentence structure, know the difference between your and you're, and average less than 2 typos and spelling errors per post.
    Last edited by HawkeyeJet; 05-04-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Oxford University of Refrigerator Repair??

It is hard for a second round pick to attain bust status. If Geno becomes a good backup, the pick will be viewed as successful ... As it should. I can definitely see him being a solid backup if he turns out not be the Franchise.

The biggest problem I see so far ... and from his interviews I think his demeanor has changed for the better, is that he thinks he is being given keys to the car in the way that Sanchez was brought in.

Idzik will not let this happen.

I'm pulling for the kid, I hope he remains humble. I also hope he plays well. But I would be happy if he was good enough to cement the backup job.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Oxford University of Refrigerator Repair??
    More like PS 32 in "oerster" bay. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    It is hard for a second round pick to attain bust status. If Geno becomes a good backup, the pick will be viewed as successful ... As it should. I can definitely see him being a solid backup if he turns out not be the Franchise.

The biggest problem I see so far ... and from his interviews I think his demeanor has changed for the better, is that he thinks he is being given keys to the car in the way that Sanchez was brought in.

I'm pulling for the kid, I hope he remains humble. I also hope he plays well. But I would be happy if he was good enough to cement the backup job.
    The only problem I see with that Dunnie is that he would be a backup to an underachieving, inaccurate, Mark Sanchez and an injury prone David Garrard who hasn't started in a few years.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post

True, especially for a QB. Look at the Broncos QB situation. They signed Manning and then drafted Osweiler in the second round to be a back up and POSSIBLE successor to Manning. Now if in 2 or 3 years Osweiler is given a chance to start and doesnt succeed, will he be called a "bust" or a wasted draft pick? Probably not.

The issue with Geno is that some people are acting like he WAS the 5th pick in the draft and have now put those kind of expectations on him and the Jets, which is so unfair.

I worked for the Jets and have my own talk show.

All Pro
    So Geno can't balll. Why didn't you say so in the first place, and save all the trouble? If you just put that in your Snarky notes everyone would have bought into it.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    So Geno can't balll. Why didn't you say so in the first place, and save all the trouble? If you just put that in your Snarky notes everyone would have bought into it.
    Gino will be lucky to be an average quarterback.

All Pro
    I worked for the Jets and have my own talk show.
    So all we have to do is find someone that worked for the Jets, and went to Oxford, that has his own show, and we'll know who you are. What a tool.

All Pro
    Gino will be lucky to be an average quarterback.
    Do you have Tourette's?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Do you have Tourette's?
    More like Alzheimer's. ..I think

Jets Insider VIP
    I googled up

Oxford, Jets, talk show..

Got Bill Clinton...pics of him on Air Force One and his TV appearance with Arsenio playing the Sax.

I'll try Oxford, Jets, talk show, ignoramus and see if Schroy99 comes up