Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Geno will be a bust?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    The mohel actually fashioned an attractive slipcover from sg3's excised foreskin.
    I've met SG3, you can't possibly realize the imagery you've left me with.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 05-08-2013 at 05:00 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Semi serious question. How many times in your life on these boards have you referred to some post or other that way? As being the "dumbest post ever"?

It just seems a little over the top. Isn't that the kind of statement that gets used up over time? Just a thought. You might want to shave your rhetorical style here or there in the interests of the sustainability of your erm.... wisdom.
    Usually right after you butt in and start sh1t. Why don't you just STFU already. How many times?

After the string of comments to me about things I didn't write or to go after me defending someone who is attacking, you are the last one who should talk about wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by titanbuoy View Post
    You guys draft a new QB... and this POS thread and the "Geno Smith was never going to leave the draft" thread are the only two discussions regarding him that have any traction? Yikes.

My 250th post *****es!!!!

Its the only thing the NY press wants to talk about so who are we to disobey those fine journalistic masterminds.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    I've seen them all & george Costanza went to my college & did a speech at my commencement at BU.

There are a lot of good episodes which is your favorite?
    Soup natzi, chinese restaurant, recycling, AC etc episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    When you say "met"... are you referring to masturbation?

My work here is done.

Hall Of Fame
    Usually right after you butt in and start sh1t. Why don't you just STFU already. How many times?

After the string of comments to me about things I didn't write or to go after me defending someone who is attacking, you are the last one who should talk about wisdom.
    You seem like an angry person. Did you ever consider that jumping in and injecting yourself as you did into the conversation between sg3 and another poster could be considered as a prime example of YOU "butting in"?

I suppose it is a case of do as you say and not as you do. What a shocker.

Still and all, nice deflection. I guess that means you must have used the "dumbest post I have ever read" comment more than once or twice Deduct two points for lack of originality

Quality thread. Back to the Hampur for this guy. Enjoy chasing each other's tails.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

This is a great thread. I think the OP is Mark Sanchez. (-;

Hall Of Fame
    Is it possible that Geno could be a bust in Canton one day?

I've seen them all & george Costanza went to my college & did a speech at my commencement at BU.

There are a lot of good episodes which is your favorite?
    Remember the do Mark Sanchez song? Sanchez starting is best for hs b/c Geno this and get the chance to learn on the clipboard with Gerrard. If Sanchez does well he increases his trade value if he does poorly Geno comes in & we get a high or see if Ginzo is any good!

All Pro
    Remember the do Mark Sanchez song? Sanchez starting is best for hs b/c Geno this and get the chance to learn on the clipboard with Gerrard. If Sanchez does well he increases his trade value if he does poorly Geno comes in & we get a high or see if Ginzo is any good!
    How many times are you going to quote yourself, and then answer your own question with something completely incoherent? Why do I get the feeling you're going to get a high whether Geno comes in or not?

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    How many times are you going to quote yourself, and then answer your own question with something completely incoherent? Why do I get the feeling you're going to get a high whether Geno comes in or not?
    I I run this thread I'm the king and your a pawn.

Geno is a project that needs to sit & learn. I didn't like the pick &would have puked had we taken him first round. He's immature & had arguably thw best Wrs in college & comes to our team that has backups that hopefully become play makers. His completion percentage was inflated b/c of his short passes & austin had great yardage after catches. His long ball is avg & now reports about his attitude!
    Francesa was right, he won't be on the team 7/1. His attitude stinks, he's a bum, just ask anonymous. Once again, the Jets did not ask the fan base and sports radio before making the pick. Idzik needs to go!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    Its the only thing the NY press wants to talk about so who are we to disobey those fine journalistic masterminds.
    ITS TMZ taking over. Seriously, sports in the paper and radio is really bad. I don't read or listen to local sports anymore and when I talk to someone that does, the stuff that he quotes and believes is incredible. Take Geno Smith, not once did this person consider that the rumors started once his agents were fired. Nope, if Cimini and pals mentioned that, it would not be a story. Lazy SOB's need to fill the blogs, go after the Jets. The day I stopped listening to FAN and ESPN NY made me a smarter sports fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Sec340 View Post
    ITS TMZ taking over. Seriously, sports in the paper and radio is really bad. I don't read or listen to local sports anymore and when I talk to someone that does, the stuff that he quotes and believes is incredible. Take Geno Smith, not once did this person consider that the rumors started once his agents were fired. Nope, if Cimini and pals mentioned that, it would not be a story. Lazy SOB's need to fill the blogs, go after the Jets. The day I stopped listening to FAN and ESPN NY made me a smarter sports fan.
    That's a good point we'll never get the real story though.

Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    no doubt about it. every jets fan needs to look around the league and see what qb's there are and how they got to where they are. geno can go either way. imo he's a punk but that doesn't mean he can't or won't improve. by contrast sanchez is a lap dog who craves approval and affection so much it clouds his ability to make quick decisions.
    Sanchez has been ruined by this regime. I'm pulling for the kid and hope he improves drastically!

Mountaineers coordinator, Jaws say QB is no diva
    By BRIAN COSTELLO

West Virginia offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson has heard the words thrown around to describe his former protégé Geno Smith — brat ... gimmick ... coddled ... marginal work ethic — and wonders if they’re talking about the same quarterback he coached for two years.

“I never got the sense he was a diva or pampered or anything in my involvement with him,” Dawson said. “I never had one problem with him other than he watched too much film.”

Smith has been under siege from anonymous sources questioning everything from his focus to how he handled pre-draft interviews. Things have heated up in the two weeks since the Jets drafted him in the second round. After he fired his agents, reports by Yahoo and ESPN quoted anonymous league executives and scouts criticizing Smith.

Getty Images
    TRASH TALKED: Quarterback Geno Smith, whom the Jets selected out of West Virginia in the second round of last month’s NFL Draft, has come under all types of criticism since his selection

AP
    TRASH TALKED: Quarterback Geno Smith, whom the Jets selected out of West Virginia in the second round of last month’s NFL Draft, has come under all types of criticism since his selection.
    Friday, he steps on the field for the Jets rookie minicamp to begin his attempt to make those critics look wrong and the Jets front office look smart.

“He’s going to play for a long time,” Dawson said this week. “I think the Jets are going to be more than happy that they have him. He’s going to work his [butt] off. It’s almost a positive for the Jets organization because if everything would have went smooth and he had been picked in the top five he probably wouldn’t be as motivated as he is right now.

“In my talks with him after the draft, he’s so fired up right now to prove this [jerk] wrong that he’s going to work and do it.”

Former NFL quarterback and current ESPN analyst Ron Jaworski agrees. Jaworski spent time with Smith before the 2012 Orange Bowl, which he broadcast and then attended his pro day at West Virginia this year. He also studied all of Smith’s 2012 games.

“I think he’s going to be a terrific NFL quarterback,” Jaworski said.

Jaworski said he saw inconsistencies in Smith’s game last year, but that is normal for every quarterback prospect short of John Elway, Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck.

“When I went to Morgantown and watched his workout I was blown away,” Jaworski said. “I thought he was tremendous. ... It was clinical. It was surgical. He did a lot of really, really good things.”

Jaworski said Smith was the only quarterback he had with a first-round grade in this draft. He said in speaking with people around the league he never heard any questions about Smith’s character.

Dawson saw Smith throw for 4,201 yards, 42 touchdowns and just six interceptions last season. He said those numbers didn’t happen by accident and wonders who is trying to tear Smith down before he even gets an NFL practice snap.

“I honestly don’t know where it all comes from,” Dawson said. “The kid worked on his game probably more than anybody I’ve ever been around. ... He would watch film of all these NFL quarterbacks trying to emulate them and go out and work as hard as he could to make himself better. He would try to find areas in his game that were weak ... and he busted his [butt] and got better in those areas. I don’t see it. It baffles me really.”

Thanks, Shark. I'm much more inclined to believe direct quotes that are attributed to actual people than the "anonymous source" nonsense that we've been subjected to. In any event, time will tell and we will find out what we have. Until then, I'll keep an open mind and be optimistic.

Veteran
    ESPN's Ron Jaworski said Geno Smith was the only quarterback he had with a first-round grade in the draft.
    "I think he's going to be a terrific NFL quarterback," Jaworski said. "When I went to Morgantown and watched his workout I was blown away." Smith has gotten nothing but negative press since the draft, much of it from his fired agents. This positive review from one of the game's premier quarterback analysts gives Jets fans a little something to hang their hats on.