Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Geno will be a bust?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    How in bloody hell is this thread still alive?
    I believe it's because every time it tries to die, Snarky asks himself another question.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Are you again asking yourself, and then answering your own questions? Yes you are. Geno may very well have more pressure since he seems to put it on himself, and welcomes it while Sanchez curls into the fetal position hoping it will just go away.

BTW, it's shocking to discover you are a wrestling fan. Nothing like fake, flamboyant, naked, waxed, and oiled up men rolling around on the floor together. Quite fitting that such a mature, educated, insightful poster such as yourself would be a patron of such a high brow "sport". I know Oxford has a great wrestling team, but it's not quite the same as the real thing.
    It's the first time Sanchez has legitimate competition and its about time. Let's see if he'll fold or produce. A lot is riding on the offensive line that has been bad the last two years. How many times was he sacked and where does that rank with rest of league?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    It's the first time Sanchez has legitimate competition and its about time. Let's see if he'll fold or produce. A lot is riding on the offensive line that has been bad the last two years. How many times was he sacked and where does that rank with rest of league?
    The line was ranked top 10. The backs, and TEs couldn't pick up a blitz, and Sanchez can't set protections, or notice a blitz coming. Then he holds the ball way too long. So there you go. Stick to a sport more suited to your attention span, like wrestling.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The line was ranked top 10. The backs, and TEs couldn't pick up a blitz, and Sanchez can't set protections, or notice a blitz coming. Then he holds the ball way too long. So there you go. Stick to a sport more suited to your attention span, like wrestling.
    Sanchez will fold like he did last year.. Tebow was brought to NY in part to challenge mark, and he folded like a cheap suit.. And lets be honest, if tim tebow's presence threatens you there is a problem.. Sanchez just isn't tough enough unless he has the #1 defense and #1 running ...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Sanchez will fold like he did last year.. Tebow was brought to NY in part to challenge mark, and he folded like a cheap suit.. And lets be honest, if tim tebow's presence threatens you there is a problem.. Sanchez just isn't tough enough unless he has the #1 defense and #1 running ...
    Your point is well taken.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our line was horrible last year. See what happened to McElroy he looked like a tackling dummy!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our line was horrible last year. See what happened to McElroy he looked like a tackling dummy!
    Keep proving you don't know what you're seeing when you watch a game. It's not wrestling. My wife doesn't understand the game either, but she doesn't come on a web site and prattle on post after post.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our line was the key to our success the 2 years we went to the AFC title game. Anyone who says its been good or elite the last couple of years is clueless. let's hope the new guys can bring a new foundation to our line.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You understand that it's spelled Guinea, right? Goes back to immigrant Italians in Britain who worked for, "a guinea (Pound Sterling) a day".

Also, do you know that you're employing an ethnic slur? Usually, it's okay when we Italians use the term as a goof. But I don't get the impression that you're being funny.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    You understand that it's spelled Guinea, right? Goes back to immigrant Italians in Britain who worked for, "a guinea (Pound Sterling) a day".

Also, do you know that you're employing an ethnic slur? Usually, it's okay when we Italians use the term as a goof. But I don't get the impression that you're being funny.
    The spelling is from Youtube. It is a joke and not meant in a harmful way. Long live Geno the Guinea!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The spelling is from Youtube. It is a joke and not meant in a harmful way. Long live Geno the Guinea!
    Okay. I believe you.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay. I believe you.
    I don't for a minute believe Snarky could ever be malicious. He hasn't the mental capacity for it. He's a "special" guy, who is just tries way too hard to get invited to the cool kids club.

The oline was fine BTW, especially in the second half of the year once Howard's pass blocking improved weekly. Teams constantly stunted, and blitzed once they realized they would not be made to pay for it, and that Mark would reward them with a turnover eventually. That's on the backs, and TEs, but mostly on Sanchez who is supposed to call the protections in such cases, and then he should make them pay for blitzing once in a while. It's also on Sporano for his utter ineptitude. He continued to call long developing plays against teams all out blitzes. The film, and the stats do not lie. Our line was above average. Our QB was dead last.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't for a minute believe Snarky could ever be malicious. He hasn't the mental capacity for it. He's a "special" guy, who is just tries way too hard to get invited to the cool kids club.

The oline was fine BTW, especially in the second half of the year once Howard's pass blocking improved weekly. Teams constantly stunted, and blitzed once they realized they would not be made to pay for it, and that Mark would reward them with a turnover eventually. That's on the backs, and TEs, but mostly on Sanchez who is supposed to call the protections in such cases, and then he should make them pay for blitzing once in a while. It's also on Sporano for his utter ineptitude. He continued to call long developing plays against teams all out blitzes. The film, and the stats do not lie. Our line was above average. Our QB was dead last.
    Shart99 will never be invited to CKC nation.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The next time you post something positive will be the first time. There are just some posters from whom I know not to expect anything constructive. You are near the top of the list. You may not police the board for offensive posters, but you seem to have made it your job to seek out and mock anyone that shows any sort of optimism. What pleasure does that sort of thing bring you?
    I am actually quite optimistic about some parts of this team right now and very optimistic indeed about the direction that the new GM is taking the franchise. I doubt we will get there this year but I have no doubt that there will be good things to cheer about this year while the full rebuild takes place. I have posted as much on these boards and so I am assuming you have either missed those posts or that there was just a pinch of hyperbole in your post.

No, there are a certain small bunch of total POS posters who do nothing other than pick fights and generally abuse their fellow posters for no other reason than holding opinions that differ from their own. They do it so loudly and so often that they almost feel as if it is an entitlement on here. If you are positive about the Jets then somehow that gives you the right to take a shi1t on anyone who disagrees with you. I have absolutely zero problem with the fact that these posters are universally optimistic about the Jets. I have a problem with the vicious way that this group attacks anyone who does not share this all-sunshine-every-day point of view.

Every last man Jack of them when confronted on this behavior will do exactly what you have done here. Attempt to turn it into a referendum on positivity vs. negativity. They will whine loudly that <fill in the blank> is a SOJF who resents anyone with a positive viewpoint as if viewpoint has anything at all to do with the issue. The issue has nothing to do with viewpoints it has to do with the manner and the lack of good manners with which those viewpoints are delivered.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay. I believe you.
    The, I heard it on the internet has now gone to a new level.

I heard it on youtube, it has to be true.

lol

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our offensive line which Idzik has made additions maybe good. However, our line the past few years does not compare to our OLs from our Afc title challenger teams.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

It's actually a comparison of some Italians' complexion to Africans (e.g. originating from Guinea). As an Italian-American of a certain vintage, I have not to date encountered any Italian-American who thinks it's a compliment or OK to use, although latter-day usage is probably more akin to its replacements "guido" or "cafone" in that the intent is to label someone of Italian descent exhibiting certain cultural behavior as declasse', gauche and uncouth rather than as a racial slur (for you Hibernians out there "Shanty Irish" would be a rough equivalent) Like the "N-word" but actually, thankfully fading out of usage and into extinction. Until it was revived in this thread....

Nevertheless, we'll soon be told by the OP in short order that the term "wop" came about affectionately due to a love for street corner harmonizing or really stands for "With Out Parmesan"...
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 05-14-2013 at 03:39 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    It's actually a comparison of some Italians' complexion to Africans (e.g. from Guinea)

Nevertheless, we'll be told in short order that "wop" came about affectionately due to a love for street corner harmonizing or stands for "With Out Parmesan"...
    There are several interpretations. People from my region would be lighter skinned than most Brits.

Also heard this one before (from Urban Dictionary):

"Guinea" is an American slang term for an Italian.
    At the time of massive Italian immigration to the U.S. in the late 19th and early 20th centurys, most Americans
    lived on farms, and used a large fowl called a Guinea to
    keep the garden and lawns free of bugs and ticks, which they ate in great numbers.
    A flock of Guineas "spoke" in a rapid, excited manner, and the newly arrived Italian immigrants spoke in a fast emotional manner that reminded the
    Americans of the sound that a Guinea fowl made, so the newcomers were soon dubbed "Guineas" by the local people.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    well its better than Gino the guinea pig