Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Geno will be a bust?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    He also according to.reports has poor leadership.skills, is.aloof & thinks he knows.it all!
    Sort of like some JI posters..

Glennon or Nassib in 3rd.
    But wait, didn't the Eagles and other QB hungry teams pass on both those guys? Heck, even with Nassib still sitting there in the fourth, the Eagles picked Matt Barkley, right?

I mean, if we're basing our selections on what the 31 other, smarter, teams do, then Matt Barkley's clearly the choice over Nassib...even though, had Geno been sitting there in the 3rd any QB hungry team would've grabbed him in a heartbeat.

At this point, according to the media, the Jets can do absolutely nothing right, but I think we had an awesome draft. Predicting Pro Bowlers or busts a week later, though, is pretty ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Refuel View Post
    But wait, didn't the Eagles and other QB hungry teams pass on both those guys? Heck, even with Nassib still sitting there in the fourth, the Eagles picked Matt Barkley, right?

I mean, if we're basing our selections on what the 31 other, smarter, teams do, then Matt Barkley's clearly the choice over Nassib...even though, had Geno been sitting there in the 3rd any QB hungry team would've grabbed him in a heartbeat.

At this point, according to the media, the Jets can do absolutely nothing right, but I think we had an awesome draft. Predicting Pro Bowlers or busts a week later, though, is pretty ridiculous.
    Jets shouldn't have drafted any players, since the only available players were those who other teams had passed on.

Jets Insider VIP

they should have not drafted any QB at least not with the 2nd round pick, and not one with so many question marks, they should have invested it on a skill player since they'll probably be drafting QB again next year anyway and Geno needs to be 'protected' by sitting out this year anyway. it has all the makings of a throwaway pick

Dump

OP seems like he's not playing with a full deck of cards, full sentences and the English language in general are very challenging to him.

Geno is a project that needs to sit & learn. I didn't like the pick &would have puked had we taken him first round. He's immature & had arguably thw best Wrs in college & comes to our team that has backups that hopefully become play makers. His completion percentage was inflated b/c of his short passes & austin had great yardage after catches. His long ball is avg & now reports about his attitude!
    Who cares, he's a second rounder. He was worth the gamble. He has a cannon, good size, and is relatively mobile.

Woods was gone before our pick. Anybody taken at 41 was a gamble. Might as well gamble on a real QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    they should have not drafted any QB at least not with the 2nd round pick, and not one with so many question marks, they should have invested it on a skill player since they'll probably be drafting QB again next year anyway and Geno needs to be 'protected' by sitting out this year anyway. it has all the makings of a throwaway pick
    Lacey was overrated (which is why Bernard went ahead of him,) Allen would've been a stretch, Woods was taken ahead of him, if I recall Eiffert was gone and the other TE would've been a reach.

You can't really argue with that particular pick: Geno Smith was by far BAP and also addressed a position of major need.

Jets Insider VIP
    is there any recorded post, anytime, anywhere where Vinny Interceptaverde's Niece liked any single thing about the Jets (I guess other than her Uncle)

So our awful situation at the QB position didn't warrant grabbing the consensus best QB in the draft in the 2nd round?

And this whole "We're going to be awful this year, so we'll have the first pick next year and draft a better QB anyway" is a terrible mindset, in my opinion. Say what you will about Herm, he was right. Every week, you play to win, and I go into every season with the goal of winning the Super Bowl. I certainly don't expect it, but I want the team to do everything they can to field the best team. That means drafting a top QB to make our notoriously terrible QB group more competitive, not ignoring the position "cuz we'll suck anyway and get a better QB next year."

Jets Insider VIP
    Sanchez is a bust. It is now Geno's turn to show us what he's made of. Let's give the guy a chance before predicting what nobody knows or can possibly know before he takes the field.

The Gmen who have won 2 superbowls traded up for Nassib even though they have Eli whose an elite Qb.

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Who cares, he's a second rounder. He was worth the gamble. He has a cannon, good size, and is relatively mobile.

Woods was gone before our pick. Anybody taken at 41 was a gamble. Might as well gamble on a real QB.
    Cannon arm what scout or expert said this??

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Don't insult Montana like that Geno doesn't deserve to be his water boy. He can carry his jock strap..
    Then explain. YOU said it, think it. He will be a bust and a reason was that he passed over.

Montana was passed over 3 times by the league. Explain why that means a QB will be a bust.

Other than to be an idiot and think I was comparing the best ever QB to someone who isn't yet.

You really need to come up with more than this, it sounds stupid.

Absolutely correct!

Jets Insider VIP
    dump

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Then explain. YOU said it, think it. He will be a bust and a reason was that he passed over.

Montana was passed over 3 times by the league. Explain why that means a QB will be a bust.

Other than to be an idiot and think I was comparing the best ever QB to someone who isn't yet.

You really need to come up with more than this, it sounds stupid.
    He's overrated, inaccurate & played in a shotgun most of the time. Bills passed on him so did everyone else

Jets Insider VIP
    dumbest thread, arguably in JI history

we need a pole

He won't even be as good as Donovan McSnob. He should spend time w/ Warren Moon

He won't be as good as Donovan McNabb? Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but is that supposed to be an insult? You are aware that Donovan McNabb was a really good NFL QB, right? He was a top 5 NFL QB for a big chunk of his QB, not a HOFer, but 6 pro bowls, and 2:1 TD to INT ratio. If Geno Smith is almost as good as Donovan McNabb, that's a great pick in any round.

All Pro
    Why are you just naming black QBs? Are they related somehow?