Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Geno will be a bust?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow we have some homophobic people. An NBA comes out of the closet and we have to deal with this behavior.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    Typo it was late grammar Natzi.
    Shark99 just gave himself away....he's actually either LT Aldo Raines or Brad Pitt.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the record my best friend is black & there are a lot of successful coaches and players that are as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Your post is why I hate Jets fans

He's a punk? You have no clue about the player, you know nothing about him, your entire post is contrived off of the media bull****.

Can't stand ignorant fans.
    Shark makes me sick . To think that he is a Jets fan is annoying. This guy is a farce in my opinion. He makes silly staytements about a new Jets player with NO FACT. Just sensational, silly comments. He ( used loosely) must be Cimini's "best friend".

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the record my best friend is black & there are a lot of successful coaches and players that are as well.
    when you have to resort to talk like this, you have lost! I'd advise to to zip the lip and move on to something you might know about!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwave81 View Post
    Shark99 just gave himself away....he's actually either LT Aldo Raines or Brad Pitt.
    I was thinking PEE WEE HERMAN!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Shark makes me sick . To think that he is a Jets fan is annoying. This guy is a farce in my opinion. He makes silly staytements about a new Jets player with NO FACT. Just sensational, silly comments. He ( used loosely) must be Cimini's "best friend".
    He can't be more than 9 years old, and his bestest friend is black so he can't be all bad. Give him some slack.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I actually like all the slander and newspaper clippings..it should be good motivation for him .. He isn't bing Coddled like Sanchez.. Which hopefully makes him tougher in the long run..

He has tons of abilities for once we have a qb with no physical limitations. All this goes away if he lives up to his potential..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    I actually like all the slander and newspaper clippings..it should be good motivation for him .. He isn't bing Coddled like Sanchez.. Which hopefully makes him tougher in the long run..

He has tons of abilities for once we have a qb with no physical limitations. All this goes away if he lives up to his potential..
    Let's see what he is made of and if you can beat sanchez and gerrard out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's see what he is made of and if you can beat sanchez and gerrard out.
    I'm not sure why this is so Important, Geno Smith is a2nd eound draft pick. He does not need to start this season. In fact it could be detrimental to him and the team to start him right away.

If he does not start this season, that does not make him a bust, if he is bad this season, that does not make him a bust.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    I'm not sure why this is so Important, Geno Smith is a2nd eound draft pick. He does not need to start this season. In fact it could be detrimental to him and the team to start him right away.

If he does not start this season, that does not make him a bust, if he is bad this season, that does not make him a bust.
    I'd be shocked if you start from day one it will can be very telling of our general manager.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have thick skin and your words only fuel me. I don't care what the haters say.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    this thread is about Geno and if he'll be any good which is highly unlikely

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    And a thick skull maybe from too much rugby at "Okzford" without a helmet

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    Exactly

The only thing I can say is that I would not have taken a QB with the 2nd round pick. Thus stated, I'm hoping Geno will become the QB we all want him to be.
    I agree we shouldn't have taken a Qb in the second round & he has no solid wide receivers or running backs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be shocked if you start from day one it will can be very telling of our general manager.
    I'm not trying to be an ass here, but can you clarify this statement?

Also, this is a standard pre-draft scouting report of Geno Smith (Pulled from National Football Post)

SUMMARY - Based on all the great things NFL scouts told me about Geno's character, leadership, work ethic and intangibles, I was very excited to evaluate his play. While he impressed me with his athleticism, strong arm and most impressive his ability to avoid mistakes, his footwork/mechanics, conversion rate and inconsistent accuracy kept me from giving him a first round grade. I have no doubt that in terms of physical skills, arm strength and athleticism, Smith is elite, but quarterbacks with accuracy issues often struggle to become consistent starters in the NFL. Overall, I have no doubt that Geno Smith will be a first round pick because of his physical skills and outstanding intangibles, but I would not draft him until the second round. I believe he will be a solid starting quarterback who rarely makes mistakes, but constantly struggles with accuracy issues. He will need to improve his footwork, both dropping back to pass and in terms of his mechanics, and accuracy to become the elite quarterback many expect him to be.
    Not the best report, basically the Jets got him roughly where they should have. But the "immaturity" and "work ethic" issues do not even come up here.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree we shouldn't have taken a Qb in the second round & he has no solid wide receivers or running backs.
    Austin was gone.

Lacey was a reach. Bernard was a reach.

Woods was gone. Allen was a reach.

Eiffart was gone.

What are you talking about? He was the best player available by a mile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DZrJ_ucB_I

He can complete a deep out. Which is an improvement over Sanchez.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Austin was gone.

Lacey was a reach. Bernard was a reach.

Woods was gone. Allen was a reach.

Eiffart was gone.

What are you talking about? He was the best player available by a mile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DZrJ_ucB_I

He can complete a deep out. Which is an improvement over Sanchez.
    We could have drafted a safety.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We could have drafted a safety.
    Cyprian was gone. Swearinger would've been a slight reach.

Using two firsts and a second all on defense would've been incredibly stupid considering how putrid offensive personnel was and is.

On raw arm strength alone, Smith is an upgrade over Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    ShARk99 I