Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Geno will be a bust?

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Nobody reached 4 Geno and that's a blessing. Skys the limit 4 the kid now. Nobody can say crap about him being drafted to early. Geno fell to the jets in the 2nd rd. that's a steal .
    He may end up.being a steal but why did philly & other teams that needed a qb pass on him?

Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    He also according to.reports has poor leadership.skills, is.aloof & thinks he knows.it all!
    What QB would you have preferred we took at 39

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Geno is certainly no Luck or Griffith and yes, he probably is a project that will take a couple of years. Good post.
    As a raw project that needs at least a couple yrs before seeing the fruits of our selection...

He also according to.reports has poor leadership.skills, is.aloof & thinks he knows.it all!
    I hate people with poor leadership.skills, who are.aloof and think they know.it all. At least according to.reports

Almost as much as I hate people who never learned that periods go at the end of sentences, not randomly between words.

He may end up.being a steal but why did philly & other teams that needed a qb pass on him?
    Agreed.

That's why I will never pick Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, Tony Romo, Colin Kaepernick, Drew Brees, Matt Schaub, or any other non-first round pick in a fantasy draft.

I mean sure, they've had good careers thus far, but if they were really any good, why did teams that needed a QB pass on them in round 1, right? They're bound to regress to the mean any day now.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    You actually have to have accomplishments to be a bust. What has Geno actually done?

Rookie
    According to ONE report...... funny, how all this stuff was unknown, until the Jets drafted him. There are also plenty of reports that say his attitude and leadership skills are great........ WHY aren't THOSE believable ones? Oh yeah, cuz most Jets fans are cynics, just waiting to be miserable..... the media knows it.

All League
    This board is becoming insufferable fast. Predicting a 2nd round bust 1 week after he's drafted? Jesus.

Geno Smith may or may not turn out to be a succesful NFL quarterback, anyone who claims with extreme certainty either way at this point in time is a buffoon.
    Last edited by HawkeyeJet; 05-03-2013 at 12:22 PM.

Rookie
    Geno is a project that needs to sit & learn. I didn't like the pick &would have puked had we taken him first round. He's immature & had arguably thw best Wrs in college & comes to our team that has backups that hopefully become play makers. His completion percentage was inflated b/c of his short passes & austin had great yardage after catches. His long ball is avg & now reports about his attitude!

Well it's a good thing the WCO isn't based on short passes/ YAC then, right?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Another fabulous shark99 thread as he approaches schroy48 levels

Dump
    Never trust anyone with a two digit number in their JI name!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Why do you and others who cling to this stupid line of logic think that who the Eagles like is more important than who we like?

Every team in the NFL passed on Montana 3 times, except for the 49'rs. This is goofy, the Eagles needed a QB and passed, therefore he sucks.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    I hate people with poor leadership.skills, who are.aloof and think they know.it all. At least according to.reports

Almost as much as I hate people who never learned that periods go at the end of sentences, not randomly between words.
    Thats what happens when you cut and paste words that you can't spell into a sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    What QB would you have preferred we took at 39
    Glennon or Nassib in 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post

Keypad on phone has space bar next to period.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    You actually have to have accomplishments to be a bust. What has Geno actually done?
    He hasn't done anything & felt he should have been #1 pick. I wouldn't have taken him till 4th round. Randall Cunningham had a better career then he will have...

Quote Originally Posted by jetsonly View Post

Well it's a good thing the WCO isn't based on short passes/ YAC then, right?
    He had talent at WR in college that he doesn't have here unless Hill develops.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

He hasn't done anything & felt he should have been #1 pick. I wouldn't have taken him till 4th round. Randall Cunningham had a better career then he will have...
    Only a fool would have rated him as a 4th, seriously, that's too funny.

Eagles fan? 2nd Eagle reference in a Geno Smith rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Why do you and others who cling to this stupid line of logic think that who the Eagles like is more important than who we like?

Every team in the NFL passed on Montana 3 times, except for the 49'rs. This is goofy, the Eagles needed a QB and passed, therefore he sucks.
    Don't insult Montana like that Geno doesn't deserve to be his water boy. He can carry his jock strap..

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Only a fool would have rated him as a 4th, seriously, that's too funny.

Eagles fan? 2nd Eagle reference in a Geno Smith rant.
    Not rated him I said draft Glennon or Nassib in 3rd. I'd take either one over him. Geno is garbage unless Marty is a magician.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Nobody knows what Kind of Qb Geno Smith or any of the Qb's will turn out. This position more than any is a crapshoot . He could turn out to be a franchise Qb or he can be a bust. You just have to give it time an see what happens . Saying he will be a bust when he hasn't played one game is silly.
    Exactly

The only thing I can say is that I would not have taken a QB with the 2nd round pick. Thus stated, I'm hoping Geno will become the QB we all want him to be.