Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Geno will be a bust?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    also went to Oxford, worked for the Jets, can't spell, punctuate or compose a sentence....

when will this bullsh1t finally cease?
    Jealousy shows your insecurity.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    I don't like his attitude and the way he carries himself.
    I agree. Tebow has some serious attitude problems, and he walks around like his **** cures the blind. I rather have a guy like Geno saying we are making the playoffs this year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jealousy shows your insecurity.
    Why don't you put your $ where your big mouth is? Let's bet 100k?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I agree. Tebow has some serious attitude problems, and he walks around like his **** cures the blind. I rather have a guy like Geno saying we are making the playoffs this year.
    Geno is cocky & took back his comments saying they were spur of the moment.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    I'm not trying to be an ass here, but can you clarify this statement?

Also, this is a standard pre-draft scouting report of Geno Smith (Pulled from National Football Post)

Not the best report, basically the Jets got him roughly where they should have. But the "immaturity" and "work ethic" issues do not even come up here.
    Hopefully this report is accurate!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    knock sanchez all you want but he didn't have any these problems coming out of college. He's a hard worker and is durable.
    So you'd rather have Tebow, and Sanchez. Good for you. You can have the polite shoe looking team, maybe somewhere in the Arena league. Sounds like you did used to work for the Jets. Steve Gutman? I didn't realize you were still alive.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The consensus #1 QB in the draft fell to #39. Teams that need a QB passed on him twice. Nobody traded up to #38 for this "incredible value". If some of you want to make it a racial issue, so be it. Regardless, it's apparent most teams did not value him the way many do here. It's now up to him to decide who was right . . .

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    QB's are always the most dangerous picks. They are the biggest guessing game because 9 times out of 10 they bust. With that said, you never know when that one good QB comes along. So it's a pick you must make or else you get nowhere.

Right now what I see from geno Smith is that he does not have very media friendly skills. The one interview I saw with him after getting drafted was that I saw a kid that was very intimidated by the media. He's also appeared to be cocky and looked a little confrontational.

Maybe it's just me. I really don't know. That's just how it appeared to me.

But I do he needs to work on his communication skills if he's ever going to last in NY.

Aside from that small issue, he definitely has the skills to be great. He just needs to buckle down and realize he needs to learn what the CS is trying to teach him.

He's got a great opportunity looking him right in the face right now. So he should everything in his power to be sure he doesn't mess it up.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Was just pointing out that calling him a "punk" isn't inherently racist as Jet Nut basically indicated.

Draft placement isn't relevant to the discussion. Shark alluded to Geno as a "punk", Jet Nut claimed it was racist for the most part. I pointed out that a white QB like Leaf could easily be considered a "punk", therefore, calling a black QB a "punk" doesn't have to be racist. It could just be that you think the guy is a punk.

I'm just tired of people constantly whining "racist" when someone criticizes someone who's black.
    I would agree that "in general" calling someone a 'punk' isn't racist. But it seems racially motivated when every comparison to Geno Smith is black...

His first few comparisons were won't be as good as Donovan McNabb or Randall Cunningham, who literally are both totally incomparable to Geno Smith. He went on to discuss Warren Moon, Doug Williams, Steve McNair, David Garrard, and JaMarcus Russell. Players who are a combination of young/old successful/bust, early pick/bust, mobile/pocket passer. Every QB that was compared is black, that's unmistakable and colors all of his other statements.

Not to mention, the comments about Geno Smith (which all stem from 2 anonymous reports) are hysterically disproportionate to a guy selected with the 39th pick.

Janoris Jenkins - Looked Very Good last season
    Akeem Ayers
    Arrelious Benn
    Eben Britton
    Chilo Rachal -
    Justin Blalock - Decent Starter
    Winston Justice - Among the worst starting Guards in the NFL
    Mark Bradley - Out of League
    Daryl Smith - Started 6 seasons, Decent player
    Rashean Mathis - Made Pro Bowl one season
    The best of these guys was Rashean Mathis. There were reasons that Geno Smith dropped, sure. But,
    1. The expectations as though he were a top 5 pick and
    2. The attitude of "prove you are not a bust in year 1" is ridiculous and ultimately silly.

Eli Manning and Drew Brees would have been completely written off by Shark, so would have any QB that didn't win the job in their first season. I get that he doesn't lke Geno Smith, but parroting media comments like, "He was terrible down the stretch" which is totally unbacked by reality (Reality: Gemo Smith played bad for 2 games in the middle of the season, and actually had better numbers than Andrew Luck down the stretch of last season)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    The only thing that worries me are his baby sized hands.
    Prospective girlfriends have pretty much voiced the same concern. On the other hand the rather large roll of hundies in his pocket makes up for quite a lot.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    QB's are always the most dangerous picks. They are the biggest guessing game because 9 times out of 10 they bust. With that said, you never know when that one good QB comes along. So it's a pick you must make or else you get nowhere.

Right now what I see from geno Smith is that he does not have very media friendly skills. The one interview I saw with him after getting drafted was that I saw a kid that was very intimidated by the media. He's also appeared to be cocky and looked a little confrontational.

Maybe it's just me. I really don't know. That's just how it appeared to me.

But I do he needs to work on his communication skills if he's ever going to last in NY.

Aside from that small issue, he definitely has the skills to be great. He just needs to buckle down and realize he needs to learn what the CS is trying to teach him.

He's got a great opportunity looking him right in the face right now. So he should everything in his power to be sure he doesn't mess it up.
    Good analysis

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets have a record of drafting 2nd round bust at QB. See Browning Nagle & Clemens...Geno will be no different.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets have a record of drafting 2nd round bust at QB. See Browning Nagle & Clemens...Geno will be no different.
    The dice don't remember.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    One huge difference is that Geno is the best QB of his class. I know that that guarantees nothing but comparing him to other 2nd round QB has little point other than IMHO to troll.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    One huge difference is that Geno is the best QB of his class. I know that that guarantees nothing but comparing him to other 2nd round QB has little point other than IMHO to troll.
    That is a valid point

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    The dice don't remember.
    Andrew Dice Clay?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    When did the word "punk" become a racist word? The last time I checked, that was a word that referred to anyone that you didn't like.

This political correctness has gone awry and this is a prime example.

So because someone thinks Smith is a punk, and because he's black that is racist?

Well, I think the president is incompetent and a job killer. Does that make me a racist?

The bottom line these days is that you cannot criticize a person from a minority without being called a racist. So what? All of the sudden, there are no truths to what the criticizer is saying?

No, that's never been the case. So people who do not like what you have to say call you a racist. They call you that because they are trying to punish your thoughts. They are trying to censor you.

So let me ask all those people out there, HOW can you crticize a person that belongs to a minority? Are there some politically correct words in your mind that you can use? Do you understand how stupid that is?

In regards to what is being said about Smith, I cannot personally see how anyone could draw that conclusion. Is this based on one bad interview with the press? because he looked cocky and almost confrontational in some ways? Because he seemed to be intimidated by the media?

Those are thoughts that I share. I do think going forward that Smith will need to work on being a little more "accessible" and friendly.

But to pass judgment and summarily dismiss him as a punk? I really do not understand that. No rational thinking person could ever come away knowing that after only one interview.

IMO, the idea of someone calling Smith a "punk" is as stupid as the people hurling accusations of racism.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    When did the word "punk" become a racist word? The last time I checked, that was a word that referred to anyone that you didn't like.

This political correctness has gone awry and this is a prime example.

So because someone thinks Smith is a punk, and because he's black that is racist?

Well, I think the president is incompetent and a job killer. Does that make me a racist?

The bottom line these days is that you cannot criticize a person from a minority without being called a racist. So what? All of the sudden, there are no truths to what the criticizer is saying?

No, that's never been the case. So people who do not like what you have to say call you a racist. They call you that because they are trying to punish your thoughts. They are trying to censor you.

So let me ask all those people out there, HOW can you crticize a person that belongs to a minority? Are there some politically correct words in your mind that you can use? Do you understand how stupid that is?

In regards to what is being said about Smith, I cannot personally see how anyone could draw that conclusion. Is this based on one bad interview with the press? because he looked cocky and almost confrontational in some ways? Because he seemed to be intimidated by the media?

Those are thoughts that I share. I do think going forward that Smith will need to work on being a little more "accessible" and friendly.

But to pass judgment and summarily dismiss him as a punk? I really do not understand that. No rational thinking person could ever come away knowing that after only one interview.

IMO, the idea of someone calling Smith a "punk" is as stupid as the people hurling accusations of racism.
    I coach and Scout quarterbacks

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why don't you put your $ where your big mouth is? Let's bet 100k?
    Wait

Now ShARk99 is quoting and then responding to his own hideously awful posts?

Too much

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Wait

Now ShARk99 is quoting and then responding to his own hideously awful posts?

Too much
    That was meant for you or any other doubters.