Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Geno will be a bust?

Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    He won't even be as good as Donovan McSnob. He should spend time w/ Warren Moon
    If he is as good as either of those 2 GREAT NFL qbs I will be elated. Btw, are you a racist? Hmmmm......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    This board is becoming insufferable fast. Predicting a 2nd round bust 1 week after he's drafted? Jesus.

Geno Smith may or may not turn out to be a succesful NFL quarterback, anyone he claims with extreme certainty either way at this point in time is a bafoon.

Hall Of Fame

Geno? Bust?

If they say it enough they MAY be able to make it happen!

Rookie
    The Gmen who have won 2 superbowls traded up for Nassib even though they have Eli whose an elite Qb.
    The Giants have 3 SB victories, not 2.... unless you're just referring to their victories with Eli, or the last 20 years, or so. Either way, who gives a sh*t? What does that mean? They got him in the 4th round, they didn't trade up into the 2nd to get him. In the 4th round, if a QB you like is STILL there, you can move up to get him.... it doesn't cost much. The Giants have also drafted Andre Woodson and Rhett Bomar to be Eli's backup..... they're obviously geniuses that need to be emulated for ANY chance of success. BTW, how was their SB run, last year? Oh yeah, it started and ended at the same time as the Jets' SB run.

I can't tell if your statements are serious or not. If they're not, and you're just trying to get a rise out of the board..... well done, it worked. If they're serious, then there is no point trying to convince you of anything..... you just don't get it, or football, in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    The Giants have 3 SB victories, not 2.... unless you're just referring to their victories with Eli, or the last 20 years, or so. Either way, who gives a sh*t? What does that mean? They got him in the 4th round, they didn't trade up into the 2nd to get him. In the 4th round, if a QB you like is STILL there, you can move up to get him.... it doesn't cost much. The Giants have also drafted Andre Woodson and Rhett Bomar to be Eli's backup..... they're obviously geniuses that need to be emulated for ANY chance of success. BTW, how was their SB run, last year? Oh yeah, it started and ended at the same time as the Jets' SB run.

I can't tell if your statements are serious or not. If they're not, and you're just trying to get a rise out of the board..... well done, it worked. If they're serious, then there is no point trying to convince you of anything..... you just don't get it, or football, in general.
    Giants have won 4 Superbowls.

Garrard is a good mentor for Sanchez & Geno. However, we have arguably the worst skill plsyers on offense in the league. This kid is a 3-5 yr project.

Rookie
    He's overrated, inaccurate & played in a shotgun most of the time. Bills passed on him so did everyone else
    The Bills passed on Nassib, too..... with HIS former coach at the helm. They reached for ANOTHER QB, in the first. You really are ridiculous with this "team X passed on him, so he sucks" nonsense. Spend some more time learning the game of football, rather than whining about it.

Hall Of Fame
    Garrard is a good mentor for Sanchez & Geno. However, we have arguably the worst skill plsyers on offense in the league. This kid is a 3-5 yr project.
    What else did the ex-pats on ESPN say???

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Giants have won 4 Superbowls.
    You are absolutely correct...... my bad.

I've been blocking out SB XXI for years now..... it may have something to do with a late hit penalty, but I'm not sure.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

He's overrated, inaccurate & played in a shotgun most of the time. Bills passed on him so did everyone else
    Inaccurate and out of the shotgun most of the time? Wrong

Admit it, you don't know who he is and you're just talking out of your ass.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

SO by your logic this means we should have taken a lower ranked QB in the draft.

Somehow that would have made sense to you. LOL, ok,

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Shark is a racist who doesn't want a black QB.

Keeps pointing to one black QB after another. First is was Cunningham, then McNabb and Moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    SO by your logic this means we should have taken a lower ranked QB in the draft.

Somehow that would have made sense to you. LOL, ok,
    We should have drafted a different qb in the 3rd or 4th rd.

I would have gladly taken a Moon, Garrard, McNair, Doug Williams in theire prime to be our Qb

Hall Of Fame
    We should have drafted a different qb in the 3rd or 4th rd.
    And why is that?! Too much of a chance to win, now?
    Spoiling your hopes for an 0-16 season... to have first dibs on a PROSPECT?!

Smith will never be a top 10 Qb or lead the jets to the Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    You are absolutely correct...... my bad.

I've been blocking out SB XXI for years now..... it may have something to do with a late hit penalty, but I'm not sure.
    Oh, you mean when I broke my television as well?

Got it.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I would have gladly taken a Moon, Garrard, McNair, Doug Williams in theire prime to be our Qb
    McNair? You said McNabb.

Garrard and Williams don't belong in the same conversation as Moon and McNair. You're clueless.

He hasn't done anything & felt he should have been #1 pick. I wouldn't have taken him till 4th round. Randall Cunningham had a better career then he will have...
    You have a bizarre habit of picking really good QBs to compare Geno Smith to.

Randall Cunningham (4 Pro Bowls, 4 year period, 1987-1990, where he was among the NFL leader in TDs, Yards, and record)

Donovan McNabb (6 Pro Bowls, threw more TDs in prime period (2000-2009) than anyone other than Brady, Manning, and Favre, Threw for more yards than anyone other than Manning and Favre, among all-time low for INT%)

What kind of criticism is it to say a 2nd round QB won't be as good as these guys. That's also true about Matthew Stafford, Sam Bradford, Vince Young, Alex Smith, Carson Palmer, David Carr, Philip Rivers, and Joey Harrington.

In fact, it still might be true about Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, Matt Ryan, and even RGIII. And those are just guys drafted in the top 5.

In reality, there is only 1 of 12 QBs drafted between 2000 and 2010 who was in the same galaxy as the guys you named. So the fact that Geno Smith might not be that good isn't really a big insult.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Oh, you mean when I broke my television as well?

Got it.
    Yep..... that would be the one. "The DRIVE" never should have existed.