Thread: Rontez Miles highlights...

Rontez Miles highlights...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nrqfAgHo82o

This kid can hit, he's aggressive. I'm thinking he can be a special teams demon at worst, maybe a faster mire aggresive Igedigbo.

I like the potential...He seems like this years Ryan Steed, although alittle different player. Hopefully at the very least he shows enough to stick with the PS for a year

Covers ground and open space well. Good instincts tracking the ball and player. Plus this dude can lay the wood.

Showcasing an NFL-ready body, Miles is a fluid athlete, who displays solid range and the ability to make plays at all levels of the field. Playing with a linebacker mentality, he’s an aggressive downhill attacker, with plus closing speed and the eagerness to thump a ballcarrier at every opportunity. Cal employs a 4-2-5 scheme, with Miles in single-high and two-deep looks.

Although he doesn’t have the man coverage skills to stick with a receiver through an entire route, he has the size, speed, and lateral agility to match up with any tight end, and most running backs. At times, Miles is slow recognizing route combinations, making him a step late providing help in the deep third. And, teams have taken advantage of his aggressiveness, getting him to bite hard on play action, not staying deeper than the deepest receiver. Still, he’s a terminator in the open field, looking to separate an opponent’s limbs from his body. He flashes excellent anticipation, timing, and acceleration as an “A” gap blitzer, and is effective coming off the corner. Miles is a genuine playmaker in all phases of the game; this season, versus Slippery Rock, he made two tackles as a punt coverage gunner, changed the game’s momentum with a blocked punt, and scooped up a fumble and raced 30 yards for a score. Ultimately, although Miles may lack the instincts & discipline to be a ballhawking centerfielder, his athleticism, physicality, and playmaking skills will allow him to thrive in a two-deep scheme, where he’s also utilized as an in-the-box defender and impactful blitzer. He’s a solid late round prospect, who, with coaching and experience, should develop into a long term NFL starter.

After three seasons of exceptional production, Miles was forced to play 2012 with a heavy heart, with his brother being held in an Allegheny County jail, after being charged with criminal homicide in connection with an incident in which Griffin insisted he was defending himself. Realizing the precious and fleeting natures of life, Miles passionately played every game in 2012 to not let his brother and family down. As he states, “every tackle is life or death for me.” He finished the year as the Vulcans’ leading tackler and interceptor (both for the second year in a row), and sits poised to fulfill the dream to play in the NFL that he and his brother shared long ago. But, he approaches this next odyssey with modesty and perspective, noting “if it doesn’t work out, I’ll be a hard working man.” Like the legendary blacksmith, Rontez Miles just keeps pounding away. Day after day, with strength, grit, and purpose, this Vulcan is Cal of PA’s Hammer of the Gods.

http://draftbreakdown.com/rontez-mil...er-of-the-gods

03/16/2013 - 2013 Cal PA Pro Day: California (Pa.) FS Rontez Miles looks like mid-round possibility...Representatives from 13 NFL teams gathered at the pro day held at California University of Pennsylvania on March 11, where Rontez Miles - who participated at the NFL Scouting Combine - was the key attraction at a workout held outdoors.Miles (5-foot-11 7/8, 203 pounds), a free safety, ran the short shuttle in 4.15 seconds and the three-cone drill in 6.85 seconds. Due to windy conditions, Miles opted not to run the 40-yard dash after his agent advised him that he ran well enough in the 40 at the combine (officially 4.62 seconds). Miles is a mid-round pick possibility in the 2013 NFL Draft. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...rchive/1737090
    Last edited by C Mart; 05-03-2013 at 10:27 AM.

me likey

All League
    Really good pickup as a UDFA. He and Thomas Mayo (WR) who got picked up prior to the draft are two of my sleeper contributors this year for the Jets. I really think they have a chance to not only make the club but to also have an impact. Miles certainly will make them team from a ST standpoint. Mayo less of a chance unless he really does well in mini camp and pre-season.

A poor man's Laron Landry? Big hitter. Good speed, but not necessarily great cover skills. Aggressive, sometimes to the extent of getting caught out of position. We can only hope he plays like Landry did last season.

he has a great name for a safety.

Quote Originally Posted by MykePM View Post
    A poor man's Laron Landry? Big hitter. Good speed, but not necessarily great cover skills. Aggressive, sometimes to the extent of getting caught out of position. We can only hope he plays like Landry did last season.
    Let's slow down...He's a UDFA from a Div II school..Let's see if he even makes the 53 man roster before anything.