Thread: Gil Brandt

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Gil Brandt

Only media guy worth listening to at all.

Seriously.

Before you post yet some other crap meant by the media to rile up the incredibly-easy-to-rile-up Jets fanbase, look up what Brandt said about every pick they made.

He liked nearly everyone.

Stop listening to any media other than Brandt.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even at his age, he has an encyclopedic memory and imperssive knowledge of every player coming out, drafted or not. The only thing I heard him get wrong during Sirius's coverage of the draft was when he suggested that the Saints got the better of the Jets on the Ivory trade because they could have gotten him as a free agent. I guess he wasn't aware that he was restricted and they would have had to give up a 2d instead of the 4th that they traded for him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    Even at his age, he has an encyclopedic memory and imperssive knowledge of every player coming out, drafted or not. The only thing I heard him get wrong during Sirius's coverage of the draft was when he suggested that the Saints got the better of the Jets on the Ivory trade because they could have gotten him as a free agent. I guess he wasn't aware that he was restricted and they would have had to give up a 2d instead of the 4th that they traded for him.
    If they cut him he would have been a FA..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    If they cut him he would have been a FA..
    And clearly would only sign with the Jets. Fire Tanny......er,......

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    And clearly would only sign with the Jets. Fire Tanny......er,......
    What other team was after him for a pick??

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    What other team was after him for a pick??
    Who knows. Is it a waste? Maybe, but he's more ready to play than any running back in the draft. In the long run it wasn't the worst decision.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Who knows. Is it a waste? Maybe, but he's more ready to play than any running back in the draft. In the long run it wasn't the worst decision.
    I loved the video's of Ivory but he does show a history going back to college of not being healthy.. But he's Hell when he's Well..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brandt's analysis is based on more experience and knowledge than most. But he is dead wrong -- and often embarrassly so -- about many, many, players. That's just the nature of the business.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Brandt's analysis is based on more experience and knowledge than most. But he is dead wrong -- and often embarrassly so -- about many, many, players. That's just the nature of the business.
    Agreed, but that doesn't change the fact that Geno is a great 2nd round gamble and that's all Brandt has really mentioned it being.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I loved the video's of Ivory but he does show a history going back to college of not being healthy.. But he's Hell when he's Well..
    Ivory was a good gamble.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Brandt is far far more right than wrong. There is a reason the NFL offices use him for the draft.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Only media guy worth listening to at all.

Seriously.

Before you post yet some other crap meant by the media to rile up the incredibly-easy-to-rile-up Jets fanbase, look up what Brandt said about every pick they made.

He liked nearly everyone.

Stop listening to any media other than Brandt.

Wait, so just curious... but why isn't Brandt the idiot and everyone else smart? If Brandt trashed the Jets, what would you say? I mean, you do realize how ridiculous it is to say that it's only worth listening to to the positive spin... right?