Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What NFL QBs had a subpar first 3 to 4 years and then succeeded?

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    In all 4 playoff wins, Mark had to make 4-5 big time throws to keep drives alive so the running game could do its job. And all 9 TD's were precision passes, no flukes, maybe a dump off or two.

We lost the two AFCCG's because the D put us in a big second-half hole early and they knew that all we could do is try to pass.

And let's not forget the 2010 comebacks that turned a 7-9 season into an 11-5 season, games in which the defense couldn't hold leads and Mark led us all the way back. Five of those contests if you include the playoff comeback at Indy.

And let's not forget the Pittsburgh win with the QB sneak. And let's not forget that Mark had a 2011 lead at Denver and a 2012 lead at New England that the defense couldn't hold with a minute left, two losses that crippled both seasons.

Mark has had more success and more moments than any Jets QB since Namath. Then things went very badly, some his fault, some the Jets fault. He's worth another look.

SAR I
    Good post,totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Could he be finished? Sure but I have seen QB's come from the depths before. That being said I rather see Garrard or Geno win the job in camp..
    We need Sanchez to be the starter and only good things can come from him beginning to turn it around here.Some trade value,any trade value and next offseason could be interesting.I think he has 5 to 8 games to turn it around before Garrard/Geno gets the call.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    We need Sanchez to be the starter and only good things can come from him beginning to turn it around here.Some trade value,any trade value and next offseason could be interesting.I think he has 5 to 8 games to turn it around before Garrard/Geno gets the call.
    In a perfect world I agree but knowing how Jet fans are and the first game is at Metlife against the Buc's and Mevis.. Well...

Banned
    I'd love it if Pick 6 would turn things around.

That being said, it's about as likely as Francesa admitting he's wrong about anything.....

In a perfect world I agree but knowing how Jet fans are and the first game is at Metlife against the Buc's and Mevis.. Well...
    Already being dubbed as "A Pick 6 Sunday" if Sanchez starts.

Yeah there is that.That's why I was hoping for a road double-header to start the season and give him a shot to get to MetLife with something behind him.Might be clutching at straws but perhaps the Revis story dominates and takes some heat off but unlikely

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    I wonder why no other team in the NFL shares your view? They have access to the same stats as you - don't they recognize that the guy is a playoff beast who only needs to be supported?

Why are teams like KC and BUF trading for retreads like Alex Smith and Kevin Kolb when Sanchez would be available for a 7th rounder? Alex Smith has only won one playoff game. Mark Sanchez has won 4. And threw for over 100 yards in all of them.

Kevin Kolb is 29, and has never won a playoff game. Mark Sanchez is two years younger, and is completely unstoppable in the playoffs. Why wouldn't the Bills trade for him and support him?
    Because Rex Ryan ruined him and there's a chance that the Jets will cut him which will allow another team to get him for nothing.

SAR I

Because Rex Ryan ruined him and there's a chance that the Jets will cut him which will allow another team to get him for nothing.

SAR I
    I'd pay Miami or New England to take the Boy Blunder. Nothing would be better than watching them implode with Sanchez at QB.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post

Vinny and Young both played for arguably the worst team that this league will ever in have on those Bucs. So that can't really be held against them.
    Bingo.

Thus the reason Mark Sanchez may be redeemable. The Jets are that bad.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Oh please, you can't run any system where your QB never develops a rhythm because he's erratic and wild and generally makes poor decisions after his first read.
    Oh, but we can run 3 different systems in 3 years and that's great for 'rhythm'.

And we can hire Tony Sparano who creates the only offense in the NFL without a dump-off pass catching RB.

And we can put Mark Sanchez on the bench as soon as he gets hot to put Tim Tebow out there to lose 3 yards.

And we can let Cotchery and Edwards go and replace them with Schillens, Gates, and Gilyard.

You're blaming the wrong guy.

SAR I

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    Yeah there is that.That's why I was hoping for a road double-header to start the season and give him a shot to get to MetLife with something behind him.Might be clutching at straws but perhaps the Revis story dominates and takes some heat off but unlikely
    Playing against Revis should make Mark's job easier - no need to even look to his side of the field, so fewer decisions to make about who to throw to.

How have you not been banned...

with all of the useless anti-Jets drivel you post, NONSTOP.
    You are a fool. You lease an entry level BMW. You don't know sh*t about football and you are more ignorant than any pats, dolphin, raider, charger, or ANY other clueless troll this site has ever seen.
    Now, carry on with the Mitzvah

You're blaming the wrong guy.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    with all of the useless anti-Jets drivel you post, NONSTOP.
    You are a fool. You lease an entry level BMW. You don't know sh*t about football and you are more ignorant than any pats, dolphin, raider, charger, or ANY other clueless troll this site has ever seen.

Now, carry on with the Mitzvah
    Your personal and racial attack has been reported.

SAR I

I admit that I finally gave up on Mark Sanchez last year. However, everyone around here needs to realize that the best thing for the Jets would be for Mark Sanchez to stay on this team and turn it around - and that's what we should all be rooting for.

I think an Alex Smith situation is our best case scenario. A new coach (in our case, Marty Mornhinweg) turns around a talented but struggling former first-round QB who then helps get the team back to the playoffs, while the real QB-of-the-future (in our case, Geno) develops on the bench. Geno takes over as soon as he's really ready, and Mark Sanchez is traded for value instead of being ignobly released.

Rooting against "Suckchez" doesn't help the Jets any.

SAR I
    Yeah and he'll sit on the bench and hold a clipboard for another team, as his next salary will be commensurate with

Your personal and racial attack has been reported.

SAR I
    Just curious, after reading that guy's post, how was that a racial attack? What race did he make reference to?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Just curious, after reading that guy's post, how was that a racial attack? What race did he make reference to?
    There WAS no racial attack. Dude just making stuff up to get attention as usual.

I'm not taking his bait.

Veteran
    I don't know, I never saw that calm cool collected QB, Sanchez always seemed to be confused.
    Maybe it is just me, but from day one something was just telloing me, this guy is not the man.

Jets Insider VIP
    The best case scenario is booting him, his girly headband and his 26 annual turnovers out in early June

June FOUR, Out the DOOR

SAR, it's pointless to argue with you.

There's more proof indicating that QB's from USC suck than anything you've presented.

"It's just a coincidence."

Todd Marinovich was one of the most hyped QB prospects of all-time.

Rob Johnson was going to have Buffalo back in the playoffs perenially.

Carson Palmer was the next great QB.

Leinart was flawless. So was Sanchez.

Every single one of them has been a bust. Go ask Matt Barkley how that's changed the perception of USC QB's.

Furthermore, before you think some last-ditch amazing year will magically create value for Sanchez keep in mind that Derek Anderson had an incredible year, too.

Not that I think there's a chance in hell of that happening. Sanchez will crumble as soon as the fans boo him like he always does. He will then throw a pick, likely to Revis, and then Rex will extol how he "competed" and how "we've won a lot of games with him at QB."

I know how this works.

IT'S BEEN GOING ON FOR 4 YEARS NOW.

It's pointless to even try to make a point because I know you are SAR, but the truth of the matter here is that this guy doesn't have IT. He can't handle this market.

He needs to go back out West.

Of course it's everybody's fault but Sanchez's. Of course the line sucks or the running game sucks.

How about this:

2009 was the best roster the Jets have had since Vinny's Achilles' popped. Sanchez was so terrible during the regular season, he essentially RUINED Thomas Jones due to how hard they had to rely on him.

The only thing I will agree with you on is that Sparano sucks. We now know Schottenheimer was a pretty damned good OC to get a team with the offensive roster that these Jets had in '09 and '10 to the AFC Championship game despite one of the worst QB's in the league playing for him.

It's no wonder that Saint Louis and Fisher wanted him:

Schottenheimer may very well make Bradford look like less of a bust and make allow them to reap a return or two from their own bust.