Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: What NFL QBs had a subpar first 3 to 4 years and then succeeded?

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mark Sanchez does suck.

The point you're missing is that this team was built to win on Defense and RB and they suck worse.

Mark Sanchez didn't do us any favors last year, but it wasn't a surprise considering how bad we looked in camp and how the likes of Chaz Schilens, Mardy Gilyard, Glyde Gates, and Konrad Reuland didn't belong on an NFL roster and those were our starters for half the season.

The collapse of the Ryan Defense, shocking. The collapse of the running game, inexcusable. The craptastic special teams, unbelievable. We are a team that is supposed to win it on the Ryan Plan which is a crushing defense and a ball-control rushing attack. When neither worked, gee, only thing we can do is have our quarterback air it out 50 times a game. BZZZT. Not going to work. Not built for that. Dan Marino couldn't make that work. Not rocket science.

SAR I
    Mark does suck. Dan Marino doesn't suck. Marino could make it work. Wrong again.

We have a new oc that is going to run a west coast offense, an offense that uses the pass to setup the run. One that requires an accurate qb that can make quick decisions and nof turn the ball over. The anti-Sanchez. So lets trot Mark out there again. Wrong again.

In fact your entire premise is a nonsequitor. The defense sucks and the running game sucks, so it is ok to start a sucky qb. Don't blame him for sucking even though he does suck because other things around him sucks too.

You make no sense. I doubt even you believe this stupid line of bull crap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Phil Simms

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Dig deeper still, none of our opponents scored over 20 points in any of those wins. We won with our D. We even held a historically great Pats offense to a whopping 3 first half points. That was the same year they were generally up like 28-3 over most teams by halftime.
    Rex sucks mark sanchez rules

Sar2

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Yeah McElroy looked oh so good last year in that SD game. Which is kind of ironic , you state Sanchez is shot and just takes sacks . How many did McElroy have in one game 10 , yet you'd rather him then Sanchez.
    So you are criticizing a guy with one start?

I don't know how Sanchez apologists feel they have a leg to stand on:

1) There hasn't been a decent QB outta USC in years.

2) Sanchez has NEVER been good. He was covered up by an incredible defense, o-line, and running game in '09 and '10. Any QB worth a crap would win with that.

3) McElroy's lone start was par for Sanchez's course.

4) Sanchez has never been a leader. He was never worth his draft slot, it was a bad pick.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    The SAR is right, once again.
    It's how it goes in the offseason, it seems.

Back to back years, the Blind Homers come out in full-force, don't want to hear a word of negativity, nothing but repetitive "we're great we're going 12-4!" nonsense. You'd have thought they'd learned their foolish lessons last year, but no, still under the Jedi Mind Tricks of Rex Ryan.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Sanchez actually did improve from year1 to year2 then showed more improvement in year3 but came crashing back to year1 performance when the line finally crumbled and his recievers were taken away.
    Hear hear.

If you did a rough count of the games in the Ryan regime where his defense blew it late, it's about half our losses since 2009.

In fact, if you look at the 10,000 foot view of the Jets, the only difference between the 2009 and 2010 teams and the 2011 and 2012 teams is that when Rex's defense blows it late, Mark's offense didn't have the horses to overcome the deficit.

What most don't remember about 2011's 8-8 campaign is that there were 2 decisive games where the offense gave us a lead late that the defense blew:

Oakland (Jets had a 17-7 lead, give up 234 rushing yards)
    Denver (Jets lead 13-10, give up 99 yard TD drive at the gun)

If the defense wins those two games as they're supposed to, Jets are 10-6, Jets make the playoffs instead of the 9-7 Bengals, who knows how hot we might have been again.

Similarly, it was Mark Sanchez' heroics in 2010 that got us into the playoffs, these games having a defense that failed us, needing a miracle answer-back score each time:

Denver
    Detroit
    Cleveland
    Houston
    Indianapolis

If Mark Sanchez' doesn't deliver in the clutch, our 11-5 season is 7-9.

The chronic problem on the Rex Ryan New York Jets since the 2009 team is the DEFENSE. The only difference is that Mark had the playmakers and bailed them out in 2010, Mark couldn't bail them out in 2011 or 2012.

The response to those who scapegoat Mark Sanchez: "It's the defense, stupid."

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    When both worked we still had a QB problem. We are clearly rebuilding and addressing both the D and the O. The Rex Ryan plan of rebuilding the D and running game appears to be a priority and in motion. Apparently the new OC and GM think we still have a QB problem.
    When both worked, we had a QB that won road playoff games consistently and we had a QB that complimented the strategy we committed ourselves to: A shutdown D and a road-grating RB.

The QB was not the reason we didn't go to back-to-back Super Bowls. Mark Sanchez was arguably the best Jet on the field in our Championship Games. In Indy and in Pittsburgh, the D couldn't stop anyone and the RB couldn't gain yards. The Rex Ryan strategy fails in big spots. That's why no other team in the NFL is trying to channel the 1985 Bears defense and the 1958 Packers offense. It doesn't work.

Mark Sanchez was drafted to be Rex Ryan's Jim McMahon, not John Elway.

SAR I

The chronic problem on the Rex Ryan New York Jets since the 2009 team is the DEFENSE.

The response to those who scapegoat Mark Sanchez: "It's the defense, stupid."

SAR I
    Yup, it's not our perenial bottom of the NFL QB, his inaccuracy, inabiility to score points, his penchant for turnovers, his immobillity and lack of leadership, etc, etc, etc. We're just fine with the worst QB in the NFL over the past four years. We can't expect better!

It's our perenial Top 10 Defense thats our big problem. Damn them for not being #1 overall every year and not easily overcoming Sanchez's routine ineffectiveness. pick 6's, buttfumble 6's and 3 and outs.

After all, we're built to win with D and running only, no QB play required, so how can we blame a QB we drafted 6th overall to be our Franchise QB for not being good? Can't you all see, the D should be scoring those points, we're built to win with D!!!!

Right?

I wish you were not a Jets Fan SAR, deeply.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Arctor View Post
    Yup, it's not our perenial bottom of the NFL QB, his inaccuracy, inabiility to score points, his penchant for turnovers, his immobillity and lack of leadership, etc, etc, etc. We're just fine with the worst QB in the NFL over the past four years. We can't expect better!

It's our perenial Top 10 Defense thats our big problem. Damn them for not being #1 overall every year and not easily overcoming Sanchez's routine ineffectiveness. pick 6's, buttfumble 6's and 3 and outs.

After all, we're built to win with D and running only, no QB play required, so how can we blame a QB we drafted 6th overall to be our Franchise QB for not being good? Can't you all see, the D should be scoring those points, we're built to win with D!!!!

Right?

I wish you were not a Jets Fan SAR, deeply.
    We are 1-11 against teams with winning records. And its more to do with our lousy defense given all the support in the world than our quarterback who was given the worst set of targets in the NFL last year.

True Jets fans know that this team doesn't improve until Rex Ryan is gone. You'd think the last two seasons that produced a 14-18 record and this upcoming season that'll leave the final three years of the Ryan Regime at 18-30 would teach you something.

Mark Sanchez sucks because Rex Ryan ruined him.

The Defense sucks and that's the biggest crime of all.

You deeply don't want me to be a Jets fan? That's cool. Write me a check for $5,000, buy my season tickets, reimburse me for what I just gave the Jets and you get your wish for the 2013 abomination. Money. Where mouth is. I have PayPal. Let's do this tonight.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Complete and utter nonsense. How did McElroy fare with the same weapons, OLine and offensive gameplan that Sanchez had.
    Sanchez's turnovers are not the problem. They are the result of the problem. The variables contributing to the result are poor pocket presence, the inability not to stare down a receiver, happy feet, slow decision making, bad timing, inaccuracy, poor leadership, bad body language, and inability to deal with adversity. Multiply these by unknown factors such as poor coaching, poor play calling, poor attitudes from teammates, bad defensive play, lack of accountability etc and you end up with a provable theorem .... Well call it the Sanchez theorem ... a necessary consequence of the hypotheses that have presented time and time again in this forum.

Sanchez Theorem -> Suck Ass QB play

What are alarming are the coefficients of the variables ....

We are 1-11 against teams with winning records. And its more to do with our lousy defense given all the support in the world than our quarterback who was given the worst set of targets in the NFL last year.

True Jets fans know that this team doesn't improve until Rex Ryan is gone. You'd think the last two seasons that produced a 14-18 record and this upcoming season that'll leave the final three years of the Ryan Regime at 18-30 would teach you something.

Mark Sanchez sucks because Rex Ryan ruined him.

The Defense sucks and that's the biggest crime of all.

You deeply don't want me to be a Jets fan? That's cool. Write me a check for $5,000, buy my season tickets, reimburse me for what I just gave the Jets and you get your wish for the 2013 abomination. Money. Where mouth is. I have PayPal. Let's do this tonight.

SAR I
    I don't understand why you get so much flack. I think you're the best long standing poster here. You get it.

A lot of the posts in this thread are encouraging because frankly Jets fans remind me of battered wives lately when it comes to quarterbacks and coaching/coaching conduct.

We seem to have the lowest standards of any fans in the NFL right now. The defense of Sanchez last season was delusional. The defense of Rex now is denial. Out with Tebow, in with Geno.

I love the Jets.
    But I dislike Rex Ryan and the Rex Ryan vision, on the field and off.
    Makes for an annoying conflict. Wish it was over. Hope we toss his ass out after this season and let a new head coach handle our draft and rebuild.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

I love the Jets.
    But I realize that Sanchez sucks and has NO vision, on the field and off.
    Makes for an annoying conflict. Wish it was over. Hope we toss his ass out shortly after June 1 or, at worst, after this season and let one of the four better quarterbacks on the current roster handle the position in 2013 and onward.

fixed

get rid of the Turnover Machine --- the real problem for the Jets. Time to stop paying attention to his closet pat fan apologist blaming everything from the Head Coach to the Defense to the Offensive Line to the Offensive Coordinators to Sunspots to Global warming for the obvious failure and 52 interceptions and lost fumbles that brought down the last two seasons

June 4.... OUT THE DOOR