Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: What NFL QBs had a subpar first 3 to 4 years and then succeeded?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    I think that we are pretty close to agreeing on this. I enjoyed the first 2 years as well. There was hope, and he showed flashes. But after the Ravens game in 2011, he was done. They broke him.

I am not crapping on what he has done. I am saying it is time to move on.

You asked me my reasoning behind my stating Garrard's worst year was better than Mark's best. Statistically and practically that is true, as I have explained.

I think that the best case scenario is that Geno sits behind Garrard for a year, or at least 10 - 12 games. I think Mark should be traded or released, so as not to splinter the locker room.

My fear is that Mark will win the starting job because:
    a) Rex loves him, and
    b) Mark is a good "practice" player.

When he wears the red jersey, Mark is good. In a live rush, he is toast. Hopefully Idzik will end the Sanchez "error" before Rex can extend this QB mess.
    That was the straw(game) that broke the camels(Sanchez) back.. I wish him well wherever he goes as long as he goes..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Arctor View Post

In the real world, we can either fire the entire staff and 51 players.......or we can replace Mark Sanchez.
    Mark Sanchez didn't have any weapons, any running game, any offensive line for the past 2 seasons.

Looks like we are indeed letting go of the entire staff and our starters, looks like the team gets what you clearly don't, that Rex Ryan is awful, going to ride his contract down to a 4-12 season.

There's a 30% chance Mark Sanchez can bounce back. Let's see what happens.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mark Sanchez didn't have any weapons, any running game, any offensive line for the past 2 seasons.

Looks like we are indeed letting go of the entire staff and our starters, looks like the team gets what you clearly don't, that Rex Ryan is awful, going to ride his contract down to a 4-12 season.

There's a 30% chance Mark Sanchez can bounce back. Let's see what happens.

SAR I
    Mark Sanchez didn't have any weapons, any running game, any offensive line or any balls for the past 2 seasons.

He crumbled under even a suggestion of a rush. The Ravens broke him. He is broken, as you admitted. He has a 0% chance of bouncing back. Time to move on.

Mark Sanchez didn't have any weapons, any running game, any offensive line or any balls for the past 2 seasons.

He crumbled under even a suggestion of a rush. The Ravens broke him. He is broken, as you admitted. He has a 0% chance of bouncing back. Time to move on.
    And you want to have Garrard be the starter , the guy who's almost as injury prone as Chad, good thing we spent a large part of our draft on the OL, otherwise Mrs Garrard might be looking to cash in on his life insurance policy.

There's no reason to rush Geno and make the same mistake Tanny & Rex made with Sanchez. Given that , it comes down to a competition between Sanchez and Garrard. When Garrard pulls up lame in TC or preseason it will once again be Sanchez' job for possibly one last time.

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    And you want to have Garrard be the starter , the guy who's almost as injury prone as Chad, good thing we spent a large part of our draft on the OL, otherwise Mrs Garrard might be looking to cash in on his life insurance policy.

There's no reason to rush Geno and make the same mistake Tanny & Rex made with Sanchez. Given that , it comes down to a competition between Sanchez and Garrard. When Garrard pulls up lame in TC or preseason it will once again be Sanchez' job for possibly one last time.
    If Garrard pulls up lame, I would rather start McElroy. We know what we have in Sanchez. A poor, inaccurate, turnover-prone qb. Let the ginger play. Get Sanchez off the team.

If Garrard pulls up lame, I would rather start McElroy. We know what we have in Sanchez. A poor, inaccurate, turnover-prone qb. Let the ginger play. Get Sanchez off the team.
    Yeah McElroy looked oh so good last year in that SD game. Which is kind of ironic , you state Sanchez is shot and just takes sacks . How many did McElroy have in one game 10 , yet you'd rather him then Sanchez.

Yeah McElroy looked oh so good last year in that SD game. Which is kind of ironic , you state Sanchez is shot and just takes sacks . How many did McElroy have in one game 10 , yet you'd rather him then Sanchez.
    If Sanchez only took sacks it wouldn't be so bad. He gives the ball to the other team. 26 turnovers. Get him off the team and move on.

Jets Insider VIP
    If Sanchez only took sacks it wouldn't be so bad. He gives the ball to the other team. 26 turnovers. Get him off the team and move on.
    + a billion

JUNE FOUR ...T6 OUT THE DOOR

The fumbles I agree were and are an absolute problem he needs to correct. But the picks are just as much an indictment of the offensive gameplan , skill players and route running of the ragtag wr's and TE crew that graced the field last year. Sanchez foreced many throws out of desperation, throws he would not have made had he not been thrust into the unfavorable positions he was put in.

No quarterback could have succeeded these last two years here. Two OC's, no playmakers, dead running game, lousy OL, a complete mess.

Give Mark Sanchez some consistent weapons in '11 and '12, he would have progressed. Without them, he collapsed. This season, whether Sanchez or Smith, more of same. The O is worse than last year. Unbelievable.

SAR I
    Any QB besides Mark Sanchez would have succeeded last season.

MARK SANCHEZ SUCKS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

MARK SANCHEZ SUCKS.
    Complete and utter nonsense. How did McElroy fare with the same weapons, OLine and offensive gameplan that Sanchez had.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    + a billion

JUNE FOUR ...T6 OUT THE DOOR
    What happens on June 4th?

Why wait til then?

Complete and utter nonsense. How did McElroy fare with the same weapons, OLine and offensive gameplan that Sanchez had.
    I think you have to assume Maine meant NFL-caliber QB. Which disqualifies McElroy from the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    I think you have to assume Maine meant NFL-caliber QB. Which disqualifies McElroy from the conversation.
    My point was it didn't matter who the Jets QB was last year, they weren't getting the job done with this ragtag offense and gameplan. Those who want to spout Sanchez was the 34th rated QB can revel in those statistics but its really just an indictment on the Jets O as a whole.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    My point was it didn't matter who the Jets QB was last year, they weren't getting the job done with this ragtag offense and gameplan. Those who want to spout Sanchez was the 34th rated QB can revel in those statistics but its really just an indictment on the Jets O as a whole.
    Precisely.

Joe Montana wouldn't have succeeded with the 2012 New York Jets offense, the worst in the NFL.

Chaz Schilens? Mardy Gilyard? Glyde Gates? Konrad Reuland? What? Who?

Rex Ryan has killed this team. If the Sanchez haters are looking for someone to blame, and clearly they are, look no further than the tatoo'd foot fetish loudmouth who was passed over by the Baltimore Ravens because they realized what it took to win a Super Bowl.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

MARK SANCHEZ SUCKS.
    Mark Sanchez does suck.

The point you're missing is that this team was built to win on Defense and RB and they suck worse.

Mark Sanchez didn't do us any favors last year, but it wasn't a surprise considering how bad we looked in camp and how the likes of Chaz Schilens, Mardy Gilyard, Glyde Gates, and Konrad Reuland didn't belong on an NFL roster and those were our starters for half the season.

The collapse of the Ryan Defense, shocking. The collapse of the running game, inexcusable. The craptastic special teams, unbelievable. We are a team that is supposed to win it on the Ryan Plan which is a crushing defense and a ball-control rushing attack. When neither worked, gee, only thing we can do is have our quarterback air it out 50 times a game. BZZZT. Not going to work. Not built for that. Dan Marino couldn't make that work. Not rocket science.

SAR I

All League
    Mark Sanchez does suck.

The point you're missing is that this team was built to win on Defense and RB and they suck worse.

Mark Sanchez didn't do us any favors last year, but it wasn't a surprise considering how bad we looked in camp and how the likes of Chaz Schilens, Mardy Gilyard, Glyde Gates, and Konrad Reuland didn't belong on an NFL roster and those were our starters for half the season.

The collapse of the Ryan Defense, shocking. The collapse of the running game, inexcusable. The craptastic special teams, unbelievable. We are a team that is supposed to win it on the Ryan Plan which is a crushing defense and a ball-control rushing attack. When neither worked, gee, only thing we can do is have our quarterback air it out 50 times a game. BZZZT. Not going to work. Not built for that. Dan Marino couldn't make that work. Not rocket science.

SAR I
    The SAR is right, once again.

Sanchez actually did improve from year1 to year2 then showed more improvement in year3 but came crashing back to year1 performance when the line finally crumbled and his recievers were taken away.

HTML Code:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/9269/career

Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    The SAR is right, once again.
    Sar is so far from right he is left.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Mark Sanchez does suck.

SAR I
    When both worked we still had a QB problem. We are clearly rebuilding and addressing both the D and the O. The Rex Ryan plan of rebuilding the D and running game appears to be a priority and in motion. Apparently the new OC and GM think we still have a QB problem.