Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geno will be greatest QB ever???

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Geno will be greatest QB ever???

Bust? Best?

Who the hell knows??

How do people even predict such ****...

He will be what he will be...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    Bust? Best?

Who the hell knows??

+1,000,000

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Words of wisdom lloyd. Words of wisdom.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    that's right. all those scouts and gm's, they just throw a dart at a dartboard and hope for the best. tHAT IS what their draft boards are for - they're actually dart boards and no one even knows how that extra F got in there. there is nothing you can predict based on records, games played, statistics, measurables, NOTHING.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 05-03-2013 at 04:39 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I say +100000 to this entire draft, regime, and especially John Idzik. I see some a$$holes here saying they did not like Idzik already yada yada yada and think to myself how embarassed I am to be reading such drivel.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    that's right. all those scouts and gm's, they just throw a dart at a dartboard and hope for the best. tHAT IS what their draft boards are for - they're actually dart boards and no one even knows how that extra F got in there. there is nothing you predict based on records, games played, statistics, measurables, NOTHING.
    You mean stats like 4200 passing yards and 71.2 completion percentage? 42 TDs and 6 INTs? Those stats?

You speak as though the Jets drafted a sixth round prospect in the second round. All those experts who study these guys, most had him going in the first round, maybe even the top ten. He's arguably the best QB in the draft and he fell into our laps.

The draft IS a crapshoot. Number 1 picks can be out of the league in a few years and sixth round picks can go on to become Hall of Famers. You never know. But even Geno's biggest detractors didn't expect him to be available for the Jets in the second round, and even delusional Jets haters admit they got a great value. Why are so many so eager to label him a bust? Is it so hard to give the draft's consensus number 1 QB a chance to succeed on this team?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    With the track record of past Jet QBs as fodder, I'm going 20/80 as my success/bust ratio for Geno.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    he's gonna be the greatest black QB named Geno ever to suit up for the New York Jets.

also, the worst.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    he's gonna be the greatest black QB named Geno ever to suit up for the New York Jets.

also, the worst.
    LOL. Am I the only one who can't accept Gino spelled with an "e"? It just bugs the crap out of me.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    that's right. all those scouts and gm's, they just throw a dart at a dartboard and hope for the best. tHAT IS what their draft boards are for - they're actually dart boards and no one even knows how that extra F got in there. there is nothing you predict based on records, games played, statistics, measurables, NOTHING.
    Ryan Leaf was 2nd pick in draft... JaMarcus was 1st pick... Blair Thomas was 3rd pick...Tom Brady was 6th Rd pick... Russell Wilson 3rd Rd pick... Kaepernick 2nd Rd pick... seems like a pretty inexact science to me. If you think about it 2 of the top 3 QB in the last decade were not picked in the 1st round... so yeah in the end its all a crap shoot. BTW I mean Brady and Brees.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    LOL. Am I the only one who can't accept Gino spelled with an "e"? It just bugs the crap out of me.
    I bet your pissed he's not Pisan

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sevomd View Post
    Ryan Leaf was 2nd pick in draft... JaMarcus was 1st pick... Blair Thomas was 3rd pick...Tom Brady was 6th Rd pick... Russell Wilson 3rd Rd pick... Kaepernick 2nd Rd pick... seems like a pretty inexact science to me. If you think about it 2 of the top 3 QB in the last decade were not picked in the 1st round... so yeah in the end its all a crap shoot. BTW I mean Brady and Brees.
    Ridiculous to think the draft is a crap shoot.

the teams that win draft better than average over the years.

They don't trade away picks for veterans and they groom and develop a QB.

Are superstars found in late rounds? Absolutely, even more reason why solid homework is key. LUCK is used by the lesser fortunate to explain their short comings.

PITT, NE, BALT, GB. Are not lucky. They drafted a good QB, developed him and a team around him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    With the track record of past Jet QBs as fodder, I'm going 20/80 as my success/bust ratio for Geno.
    Even as the most optimistic Jets fan, i can't argue with the above logic. I have always thought that if we had drafted Marino and the fish had drafted O'brien we would be talking about how we past on a HOF QB in Obrien for a airhead QB like Marino.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I bet your pissed he's not Pisan
    Most likely Sicilian.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Even as the most optimistic Jets fan, i can't argue with the above logic. I have always thought that if we had drafted Marino and the fish had drafted O'brien we would be talking about how we past on a HOF QB in Obrien for a airhead QB like Marino.
    I'm sitting here laughing at the absurd/defeatist "logic" which consumes all us Jet fan. Great post.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    In other words the same as for any QB drafted.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    One never knows, does one?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sevomd View Post
    You touched on something here. As players get big bucks they sometimes lose their incentive to become better. It happens to lottery winners as well. Half of them become bankrupt again.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    Bust? Best?

Who the hell knows??

Great post, better avatar pic. Ooooooooh Yeeeaaaaah!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    So fresh!