Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Today's Cimini article from ESPN on Geno

Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Guys, take 5 minutes, go on newyorkjets.com and watch the geno smith interview. Or go on youtube and watch geno with Gruden.

This is a smart, humble, and dedicate guy who loves the game. A diva attitude is the last thing you see. Trent Dilfer runs a camp every year and he says Geno was the most prepared and dedicated guy there. This whole thing is bull ****. If anything, Geno is a bit of an introvert, so he can come off a little weird.
    nope.

Cimini, Mehta & Co. have already declared him a brat and a bust. that's good enough for me.

Fire Idzik!!

Dick c. Bashed Diva Eli after he refused to be drafted by the team with the #1 pick, right?

He crucified the team that picked him right?

He called Eli immature, right?

He Promised us all that he'd be a bust, right?

All Pro
    The character assassination of this guy is getting ridiculous. It would almost be funny if these people weren't damaging this guy's professional reputation.

It's going too far - he is being mentioned alongside Ryan Leaf, one of the biggest draft busts in NFL history, before he has even taken a single snap in rookie minicamp.

Journalists used to report the news. Now they want to create it - anything goes as long as they are first, and it sells papers or generates web hits.

I hope Geno uses all this as motivation to prove them all wrong.

All League
    This is beyond ridiculous now. Smith hasn't even put on a NFL helmet
    yet and all this crap comes out. Its just the media trying to perpetuate
    the "circus" narrative. Tell me what's more concerning a 22 year old
    rookie QB being a little immature or an established SB winning QB
    committing sexual assaults (Rapeisberger) on multiple occasions. Media,
    its time to cover the Jets as a football team this continued search
    for "circus" stories doesn't work

The fact that some in the media want to portray the Jets in a negative fashion should surprise no one. Why so many fans let themselves feed into it is beyond me.

How about we let the guy at least put on a uniform first before we try to evaluate him?

Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    This is beyond ridiculous now. Smith hasn't even put on a NFL helmet
    yet and all this crap comes out. Its just the media trying to perpetuate
    the "circus" narrative. Tell me what's more concerning a 22 year old
    rookie QB being a little immature or an established SB winning QB
    committing sexual assaults (Rapeisberger) on multiple occasions. Media,
    its time to cover the Jets as a football team this continued search
    for "circus" stories doesn't work
    When I was a kid I read the NYT, NYDN, Star-ledger and NYP sports pages religiously. I don't want to read any of them anymore thanks to the fake source articles, unprofessional tweets (Cimini tweets out that Ellis a druggie as soon as he was drafted in 2012) and absurd bias.

I can't wait for the whole lot of em to go out of business so Manish and the rest can be out of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotch View Post
    Personally I think that this is why Idzik fired our scouts.

Not only did they not realize that he frequently checks his cellular telephone, but they also failed to realize THAT HE'S FROM FLORIDA - AND PROBABLY LIKES WARM WEATHER BETTER THAN COLD WEATHER. Think of the implications this will have for football at Metlife in December!
    IS this serious or sarcasm?

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    The character assassination of this guy is getting ridiculous. It would almost be funny if these people weren't damaging this guy's professional reputation.

It's going too far - he is being mentioned alongside Ryan Leaf, one of the biggest draft busts in NFL history, before he has even taken a single snap in rookie minicamp.

Journalists used to report the news. Now they want to create it - anything goes as long as they are first, and it sells papers or generates web hits.

the so called "draft experts" are just mad they were made fools of, twice.. First it was "geno will not make it to the jets at #9" they showed the guy like for every pick of 1st.. Then when Jets were on the board in 2nd round they all say " No way jets pick Geno here... bla bla.. " Then were left looking like idiots again of course they went on attack mode..

Its actually pretty sad this kid is only 22 and has worked his whole life to make to the NFL and when he finally does he has to endure this kind of bull**** . He is just being used by these F***** parasites to make themselves seem relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotch View Post
    Personally I think that this is why Idzik fired our scouts.

Not only did they not realize that he frequently checks his cellular telephone, but they also failed to realize THAT HE'S FROM FLORIDA - AND PROBABLY LIKES WARM WEATHER BETTER THAN COLD WEATHER. Think of the implications this will have for football at Metlife in December!
    So you think Idzik drafted a QB in the second round without knowing or asking where the kid was from?

Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    Its actually pretty sad this kid is only 22 and has worked his whole life to make to the NFL and when he finally does he has to endure this kind of bull**** . He is just being used by these F***** parasites to make themselves seem relevant.
    This is the part of it that makes it so disgusting.

They are trying to destroy this kid for no other than getting more clicks, viewers and listeners.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    NYC Weather by month - Avg

Sep: 75/61
    Oct: 64/50
    Nov: 54/42
    Dec: 43/32
    Jan: 38/27

Morgantown WV Weather by month - Avg

Sep: 76/55
    Oct: 65/43
    Nov: 54/34
    Dec: 42/25
    Jan: 39/21
    Great news. How many games has he played in Morgantown in December and January? Don't search to hard, I believe the answer is 2, and none later than 12/4.

I said in another thread, I'm not really worried about the cold weather thing, but comparing weather is silly because the college season ends 5 weeks before the NFL season, and then you get into January if you make the playoffs. December 4th in Morgantown is not January 15th in East Rutherford weather wise. But, he hasn't been sitting on the beach either

Jets Insider VIP
    More Dick Semen-I crap.

Meaningless baloney

All Pro
    From the article:

Smith couldn't be reached for comment.
    LOL maybe Cimini should have tried texting him, he might've got a response.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post

I have never seen anything like this. It's like a witch hunt. Bunch of unprofessional hacks. Teams are really smearing a guy they didn't draft?? When does that ever happen?? Media SUCKS

i don't care if he's top 3 disrespectful jerks in america as long as he can ball

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by extra714 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...-wrong-reasons

Thank God we didn't trade up or take this guy in the first round. I believe every word of this article.
    Good thing you believe every word.

"We've visited him, we went out to dinner with him, we brought him to New York, we went to his pro day, we've watched him play, we've been on his campus," general manager John Idzik said. "So we did our homework on Geno and we got a real good feel for him."

"My character and my play speaks for itself," he said. "The people who've known me my entire life, and who have coached me, have all come to my defense. As far as that goes, I'm just looking towards the future and really not worrying about the past."

Looks like a keeper, and we saved 12mil over if we had taken him at 13. Nice job Idzik. Can't wait for the season.

Jets Insider VIP
    What is even more amazing is that a group of JI posters have already begun to call Smith a punk based on this stuff...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    i don't care if he's top 3 disrespectful jerks in america as long as he can ball
    We already have enough respectful QBs. One that won't even look you in the eye. I'd like to see the chart that shows the correlation between treating scouts with respect, and SB victories. If you tell me he doesn't study film. Doesn't practice hard. Goes out drinking on game nights, then I get it, but we know that isn't the case here. He didn't give a scout his undivided attention, and it rubbed him the wrong way. I'm glad our scouts don't let their personal feelings dictate their draft grade.

Quote Originally Posted by z28lt1 View Post
    Great news. How many games has he played in Morgantown in December and January? Don't search to hard, I believe the answer is 2, and none later than 12/4.

I said in another thread, I'm not really worried about the cold weather thing, but comparing weather is silly because the college season ends 5 weeks before the NFL season, and then you get into January if you make the playoffs. December 4th in Morgantown is not January 15th in East Rutherford weather wise. But, he hasn't been sitting on the beach either
    That's true for any college QB. If the issue is "he can't play in cold weather" it implies there are other "cold weather" qbs that are used to it. But, like you said, that's not really the case. In fact the only true "Cold weather" qb drafted in the top 10 since 2000 is Matt Ryan (Boston College). There was 1 from Oregon (Harrington), another from Oklahoma (Bradford), and another from West Virginia (Leftwich).

Of the 6 QBs that could have gone in the first 2 rounds, he's the closest thing to a Cold Weather QB

Ryan Nassib - Syracuse - Dome
    EJ Manuel - Florida St
    Matt Barkley - USC
    Mike Glennon - North Carolina St
    Tyler Wilson - Arkansas