Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Idzik is a classy guy

John Idzik is a classy guy

On his media tour this week, John Idzik has repeatedly been asked about Rex Ryan's future as head coach of the Jets. Instead of just giving the terse "we'll take one step a time" dismissive response (as he has regarding Mark Sanchez in most cases), Idzik has been generous in his praise of Rex -- pointing out, for example, how long and hard he worked with the personnel team on the draft while juggling the off-season program scheduling and his other duties.

Before the anti-Rex brigade (of which I am NOT a member) jumps off of a roof someplace, I don't believe this is an early indication that Idzik is leaning toward keeping Rex after this season. I think it was just a class move on his part to go above and beyond to be fair to Rex and deflect some of the beating that the media seems all too eager to pile on him. If Idzik is thinking of bringing in his own Head Coach next year, that's clearly not going to stop him from supporting Rex this season - because he cares about the team and is a man of integrity.

Idzik may not be the most charismatic of speakers, but he's already impressed me both as a personnel man and as a person in the short time he's been our GM.

Bewildered Beast
    +1

You can bet if Rex were in Idzik's position, he would give the "we'll take one step at a time" response. Idzik seems a lot more insightful than anyone the Jets have had in their front office for a while.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    You can bet if Rex were in Idzik's position, he would give the "we'll take one step at a time" response. Idzik seems a lot more insightful than anyone the Jets have had in their front office for a while.
    This......

And the OP is right on point...

Agreed and I don't think it is a foregone conclusion that Idzik will part ways with rex after this year. Idzik has walked into this job and seems to have eliminated a lot of biases that others might have. He is not a knee jerk guy. Who knows if he will be a great GM in the long run or not but I'll say right now he was the right choice for this team right now the way he has handled each issue he has faced.

I love classy guy threads (no homo)!

Something the New York Jets, the fans and the surrounding media aren't used to.

Hall Of Fame
    Idzik is all professionalism and class.

And that is exactly why Rex will be getting the ax.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Idzik is all professionalism and class.

And that is exactly why Rex will be getting the ax.
    It's axe

And you're trying too hard wannabe SOJF

How the hell is Rex classless? You want regurgitate your obsessive and ignorant hate for reasons of little substance, fine, but let's not make **** up in the process for your own selfish reasons and agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Agreed and I don't think it is a foregone conclusion that Idzik will part ways with rex after this year. Idzik has walked into this job and seems to have eliminated a lot of biases that others might have. He is not a knee jerk guy. Who knows if he will be a great GM in the long run or not but I'll say right now he was the right choice for this team right now the way he has handled each issue he has faced.
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    It's axe

How the hell is Rex classless? You want regurgitate your obsessive and ignorant hate for reasons of little substance, fine, but let's not make **** up in the process for your own selfish reasons and agenda.
    lol

And solid post OP

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    It's axe

What did I make up? I think Rex has enough shortcomings as a HC to justify getting the ax.

But if you want to get into behavior, here are some examples of classless behavior: Giving people the finger, exchanging insults with opposing players and cursing at fans. Just to list a few. Nothing made up there. Just cold hard facts.

My only agenda is to see this team win a SB before I die. I don't give a sh*t who the head coach is or who the players are. I root for the laundry.

Jets Insider VIP
    Rex is toast after this year. How he coaches and acts this year is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Rex is toast after this year. How he coaches and acts this year is irrelevant.
    So if they go 10-6 and make the playoffs he will still get canned? Interesting analysis.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by MykePM View Post
    On his media tour this week, John Idzik has repeatedly been asked about Rex Ryan's future as head coach of the Jets. Instead of just giving the terse "we'll take one step a time" dismissive response (as he has regarding Mark Sanchez in most cases), Idzik has been generous in his praise of Rex -- pointing out, for example, how long and hard he worked with the personnel team on the draft while juggling the off-season program scheduling and his other duties.

Before the anti-Rex brigade (of which I am NOT a member) jumps off of a roof someplace, I don't believe this is an early indication that Idzik is leaning toward keeping Rex after this season. I think it was just a class move on his part to go above and beyond to be fair to Rex and deflect some of the beating that the media seems all too eager to pile on him. If Idzik is thinking of bringing in his own Head Coach next year, that's clearly not going to stop him from supporting Rex this season - because he cares about the team and is a man of integrity.

Idzik may not be the most charismatic of speakers, but he's already impressed me both as a personnel man and as a person in the short time he's been our GM.
    I think...or hope, that REX, under a regimented GM will be a real and better football man.

Idzik will not let REX run the show. Tanny did apparently.

I don't think REX is gone as a matter of fact.

Idzik may actually realize that Rex is a good coach and hes lucky to have him on staff. Just get Rex some talent to work with and he'll build a winning football team.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    So if they go 10-6 and make the playoffs he will still get canned? Interesting analysis.
    Yup, if that was the case Rex would have been fired already...

Pretty sure Idzik realizes that rex can be a real asset as HC under the right circumstances.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I believe Rex's fate is still to be determined ... In the 50/50 range depending on many things this season

Jets Insider VIP
    gonna be a lot of fun around here watching the posts from one particular source when Rex gets that five year extension during the 2013 season and Sanchez gets the boot

one very unhappy whiner

do it Idzy