Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anyone tell me what Obama's policy is in Syria?

Can anyone tell me what Obama's policy is in Syria?

It's been a week since US intelligence presented clear evidence that Assad's regime has used chemical weapons against his own people. He has slaughtered 70,000 mostly defenseless people, specifically targeting women and children. Tough guy Obama drew a red line regarding chemical weapons, then gives a BS lawyer-response when presented with the evidence in his disastrous press conference earlier this week.

I realize the American people have middle-east fatigue, but what's happening in Syria constitutes genocide.

I'm sure Iran, North Korea, China and Russia are enjoying our wimp President at his sissy best.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Let the people we give weapons to over there take care of the problem for a change.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Let the people we give weapons to over there take care of the problem for a change.
    Which is the same policy and same people that trained our current enemies. Worse yet we are supposedly arming Al Queda to fight in Syria! Seriously!?!? When will we learn our lesson?

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    It's been a week since US intelligence presented clear evidence that Assad's regime has used chemical weapons against his own people. He has slaughtered 70,000 mostly defenseless people, specifically targeting women and children. Tough guy Obama drew a red line regarding chemical weapons, then gives a BS lawyer-response when presented with the evidence in his disastrous press conference earlier this week.

I realize the American people have middle-east fatigue, but what's happening in Syria constitutes genocide.

I'm sure Iran, North Korea, China and Russia are enjoying our wimp President at his sissy best.
    What would you like him to do?

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    What would you like him to do?

No fly zone? Obama said he'd stop Assad from killing his own people if it was proven that he was using chemical weapons. Personally I feel it's our job to stop genocide wherever it's happening. Obama is a sissy...plain and simple.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    No fly zone? Obama said he'd stop Assad from killing his own people if it was proven that he was using chemical weapons. Personally I feel it's our job to stop genocide wherever it's happening. Obama is a sissy...plain and simple.
    Let the Israeli's fly in for something other than that is in their interest only. F'ng joke.

So if Bush didnt stop genocide is he a sissy?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    So if Bush didnt stop genocide is he a sissy?
    Depends who.

Let the Muslims settle their own problems. Stay the hell out of there!

Hall Of Fame
    Lead from behind.

We can't sit and do nothing. Islamic theocracy is the new communism.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Lead from behind.

But those are the people we helped put in power. Look at Libya and Egypt. Neither country is in any better shape than they were a year ago. Libya has devolved into tribes and Egypt is controlled by the military and the Muslim brotherhood. How does supporting Al Qaeda in Syria help American interests in any way? Do you really think that if Al Qaeda wins there the "common" people would be any safer?

It's another example of a dictator who is semi dangerous to Israel versus Al Qaeda. Let them beat each other up as much as possible. They can all weaken themselves for years.
    We already botched up Libya and Egypt. Enough.

I suggest all you folks who are so concerned about that part of the world, buy many combat video games for your sons and daughters to prepare them. Then you can send them to defend a group of people who hate our guts worst then the North Vietnamese did after 10 years of bombing the crap out of them.
    George Sr was the only one who got it, you beat the crap out of there Military but leave them enough to police the country. You then pack up and get the hell out. You tell them to behave or you will give them another butt whipping. Keep a moderate air presence in a near by friendly country to control the air space and remind them your not too far away.
    Then you can let them go back to what the majority of these countries do best, living in the sixth century, and killing each other. They have lots of practice at it, as they have been doing it for almost a thousand years.
    Not another young American should be wasted on a people who neither wanted nor ask for democracy of any kind. These are people who chose to be governed by a set of laws that belong in the sixth century and do not make any adjustment for the modern world around them.
    So if your so concern, prepare your sons and daughters to fight and die for people who in the end would dance over there deaths.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar

This will be very costly. Syria has a much better air defense system than Libya.

US planes will be shot down, US airmen will die and our "cutting edge" technology and tactics will fall into our opponent's hands. We will therefore have to spend more money developing new hardware and new tactics to remain the best.

IMHO, stay out. The conflict has not reached the point where we need to pay the price to end it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This will be very costly. Syria has a much better air defense system than Libya.

US planes will be shot down, US airmen will die and our "cutting edge" technology and tactics will fall into our opponent's hands. We will therefore have to spend more money developing new hardware and new tactics to remain the best.

IMHO, stay out. The conflict has not reached the point where we need to pay the price to end it.

So how does Obama squirm out of this? I understand the arguments for not getting involved, but tough-guy in the WH drew a red line at chemical weapons. Just continue his BS from last week's pressed?

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Lead from behind.

This is the thinking that will eventually sink us.

The "Communists" had Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles. They could kill every living thing on earth if they chose to do so. Comparing them with Al-Qaeda IMHO is just silly.

We can let Israel do it for us, they have much more to lose in this case...

Hall Of Fame
    This is the thinking that will eventually sink us.

The "Communists" had Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles. They could kill every living thing on earth if they chose to do so. Comparing them with Al-Qaeda IMHO is just silly.
    And what is Iran building?

tough-guy in the WH drew a red line at chemical weapons.
    Their dictator called our dictator's bluff... Now our dictator looks like a pathetic weak scrawny little buffoon in front of all of America's enemies.

Change..... Move Forward......

Jets Insider VIP
    I guess Syrias superior air defense system doesn't detect Israeli missiles.