Thread: The bottom line on the QB situation

The bottom line on the QB situation

Let's remember that the media gets paid to sell papers and the best way to sell papers is to talk trash about the Jets and their QB situation. Nobody in the league knows if Geno Smith has the tools to start in the NFL or even when and if he will ever start. As for Sanchez unless he has a really bad training camp he is going to be the Jets starter on opening day. Since the Jets have to pay him might as well pay him to play and see what happens during the season.

Now for Rex saying we are going to compete this year ? What do you expect him to say "we have too many rookies and holes so we are not going to be competitive ? His job is to take the tools that management gives him and try and win as many games as possible. Just how good, or bad, this team will be will be determined on game day(s) and I just laugh at all the predictions of doom because if these sports writers really knew what the hell they were talking about they would working for the NFL

To bad for your logic Rex is coaching for his Job and will play the clear winner of the competition to give him the best shot to win. So that means Sanchez will be behind Garrard, Geno, and Mcelroy who Sanchez was benched for twice. That's right in a fair competition the worst QB in the entire NFL last year will finish 4th and then get cut for wasting a roster spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    To bad for your logic Rex is coaching for his Job and will play the clear winner of the competition to give him the best shot to win. So that means Sanchez will be behind Garrard, Geno, and Mcelroy who Sanchez was benched for twice. That's right in a fair competition the worst QB in the entire NFL last year will finish 4th and then get cut for wasting a roster spot.
    I think Rex is smart enough NOW to realize Sanchez is a practice star and may easily look the best in camp when there is no pressure or worry about getting hit. We all heard how great mark looked in practice every week.. But When he gets in the live games he becomes a head case and is scared about taking a hit. There is no way he gets the job unless garrard gets hurt and geno isn't quite ready..

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    I think Rex is smart enough NOW to realize Sanchez is a practice star and may easily look the best in camp when there is no pressure or worry about getting hit. We all heard how great mark looked in practice every week.. But When he gets in the live games he becomes a head case and is scared about taking a hit. There is no way he gets the job unless garrard gets hurt and geno isn't quite ready..
    Both of those.

Hey if things jell with the changes the jets made at RB and o-line, and they re-sign Edwards and both he and Holmes play up to potential, the Jets coild be a sleeper team this year.

Jets Insider VIP
    the bottom line on the NY Jet QB situation for 2013

<------ see avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Both of those.
    HOLY SH*T at your sig OMFG NAME PLZ

Quote Originally Posted by Juels Santana View Post
    HOLY SH*T at your sig OMFG NAME PLZ
    Cristina Del Basso ... Don't think they're real
    Last edited by Dunnie; 05-05-2013 at 05:37 AM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Cristina Del Basso ... Don't think they're real
    Don't care if they are real. They are spectacular.

All Pro
    Why would he say that? The kid is uncoachable, and he thinks he knows it all. You would think his coach would know that. I guess Holgorsen is completely clueless.

won't a fair competition weed out sanchez if he performs poorly? i may agree that sanchez is the odds on favorite to start the season but he has to show something more than he has.

in truth smith needs to sit for a while. i will want to see rex have a short hook for sanchez come game day.

All Pro
    In my opinion, it's Geno Smith's job to lose. Unless he completely falls flat on his face, he's starting from day 1.